Skip to main content

Forums » Help » How to change relation?

Joyius

How do you change a characters relation to another? Cause I have some people who are acquaintances of one character that have become friends, and would like to change this.
Kim Site Admin

At the moment, you need to remove the connection and make a new one. This will change in the future.
Has this been updated so you can change it yourself, or do you still have to delete the connection and add it again under a new relation?
Sanne Moderator

Desiree wrote:
Has this been updated so you can change it yourself, or do you still have to delete the connection and add it again under a new relation?

At the moment you still have to do it manually. This is to prevent people from declaring their characters as something they're not and taking away control from the other person. I don't know what Kim has planned for the future, but a different system would still require approval from the other player before the change would go through.
EdtheNeko

I just thought I add a note for this, when you do remove someone from that relation....it deletes the text the other person wrote about that char on their own page...so I suggest people save that text if they dont want to lose it by the other person accidentally deleting something
Kim Site Admin

EdtheNeko wrote:
I just thought I add a note for this, when you do remove someone from that relation....it deletes the text the other person wrote about that char on their own page...so I suggest people save that text if they dont want to lose it by the other person accidentally deleting something

It depends on how you do it. If you delete YOUR character's relationship to them, they will keep their text and their connection to you (albeit one way). If you break the incoming connection from them, then yes, connection both ways are lost and any information about that relationship goes as well.
EdtheNeko

Kim wrote:
It depends on how you do it. If you delete YOUR character's relationship to them, they will keep their text and their connection to you (albeit one way). If you break the incoming connection from them, then yes, connection both ways are lost and any information about that relationship goes as well.
I think the problem is there is very little difference between both of them, and no warning of which someone is attempting or what will happen.

You are on: Forums » Help » How to change relation?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus