Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » New in town~

LuckBe Topic Starter

kingsridgeryan wrote:
kingsridgeryan wrote:
Hi there! Welcome to RPR! I remember the old days of Yahoo and GeoCities RP chatrooms when I was probably too young to be anywhere near them! That was where I got my start with online RP, then into MMOs, tabletop and LARP, and now I'm getting into longhand RP here on RPR! I'm a fellow newbie but please let me know if there's anything I can do to make your stay here a pleasant one! Good luck and happy gaming!
luckbe wrote:
I think I must have been 11 or 12 at the time, so yeah, WAY too young to be near them. XD I had chat buddies I met there that stuck with me for many, many years after, but once Y!IM fell by the wayside we just fell out of contact and every forum seemed to be dead and..... Tabletop is something I would LOVE to get into; I have some friends who would be interested but getting the schedule of several full-time employed adults to line up seems to be basically impossible.

Yeah, tabletopping with adults is definitely hard. I'm pretty blessed to have a group that meets regularly on most Sundays but that's definitely the exception, not the norm. Have you checked out the tabletop-style offerings here in RPR? Using forums, and tools like Roll20, you can play with tabletop rules with people across the internet, which is very cool. It's not quite the same experience as gathering around the table with your physical dice and Moundain Dew, but it's still cool!

I had not yet! I was mostly just nervous about it since I have very, very little regular tabletop experience. I think I've played maybe four or five sessions of Pathfinder and that's it. XD
Eli_Broady

Hello, LuckBe. It's nice to meet you.
Hello and welcome to RRP, hope you enjoy spending time here 😄😄😄

With love, Lotus 😊
Dark_Goddess

LuckBe wrote:
Well hey! So I'm new here, but not new to the RP game, having been at it in some form or another since 2003ish, back when Yahoo! RP chat rooms were a thing. I had taken a long, long break (gosh like five or six years come to think of it) from it until pretty much today, after falling out of contact with the last of my IM RP buddies, because apparently that's not a thing anymore?? Newfangled technology!

So I am super interested in getting back into the swing of things. I like para-rp for serious stuff, but I won't turn my nose up at a good, fun, fast-paced script. I really hope to find some interesting people to share worlds with here, and to better develop some characters that have been languishing for far too long. The community looks fun and surprisingly active and that's really exciting to me!

Uuuh as for me! I am a huge nerd, maybe you assumed, I write and read way too much, and I have three cats and a dog and a snake and a lizard, and also a girlfriend and a child but I don't think they count as pets exactly. I don't go to school, because I am all grown and working and being boring like that. I am the copy shop girl, it is me.

So what's up?

Hello LuckBe. Welcome to the site. It's nice to meet you.
LuckBe Topic Starter

Thank you again to everyone! <3

You are on: Forums » Introductions » New in town~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus