Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Package (OPEN)

Deirdre (played by beefy)

[By all means join! :) ]

The night was cold. It was a fairly cloudy night, the moon peaking through the dark clouds. Snow fell silently into the cities streets, cars driving by on the wet streets. From the suburbs, downtown seemed to shimmer with the glowing billboards and distant spotlights that shone across the clouds. of course though, the suburbs were quiet and content. Disturbance was rare in these parts, but that didn't mean that there was no such thing as disturbance in the shadows, out of sight.

From under a large bridge in the storm sewers, a grate went flying off it's hinges into the thin layer of snow that covered the drains. A dark figure peered out left and right down either side of the drains. Deirdre hopped out of the smaller storm sewer drain, a large puff of steam left her mouth as she covered it with a partial face mask. She felt her face warm up once again before she pulled down a yellow pair of goggles over her eyes and tugged a hood lined with grey fur over her red hair. Deirdre adjusted her dark material jacket that seemed almost a bit too thin for this type of weather, her elbow and knee pads and her pair of leathery feeling pants that allowed her to move swiftly. Her dark, dark red buckled boots crunched in the snow as she examined the area quietly. The redhead pulled her sleeve back a bit bringing up a hologram containing information. "So, I'm to pick up this package and deliver it? Should be no problem, I suppose..." she thought to herself as she made sure her pistol and axe were clipped securely to her belt. Taking out a pair of black gloves from her slingback pack she slipped them on, limbering up for the run. "Then again... there seems to be a number of set ups lately." she pondered to herself "Naysem is going to have to do a better job of checking their jobs..." As soon as she finished double checking her gear she was off in a sprint, up the side of the storm drain, across an empty street and up onto the nearest roof. Breathing in, she smirked to herself, gazing at the distant downtown. "Downtown looks so nice in the snow..."
Jane (played anonymously)

The snow was absolutely gorgeous. No, no, no. I don't mean that it was pretty, (although it truly was,) but that it was perfect weather to fly in. I mean, no one was outside at all! I didn't mind the cold that much anyway, and so here I was, flying through the dark sky with no worries of anyone calling me a freak.

Now, there was something new this time around: Someone was running through the streets! And I don't mean just picking up the pace, like you're late for a meeting. I mean running. Hopping over things, sliding, climbing, jumping... This person was crazy. I decided to have myself a look, because, why not? I had a coat I could slip on anyway, so it's not like they were going to see those hideous wings that ruined my life. (Not that I hated them anymore. I had gotten over it, and flying is actually quite terrific.) I landed close to where I thought she was headed and quickly put on the heavy coat that hopefully hid my folded wings. I walked around, and waited for her/him/it/whoever it was to come to where I was so I could say hi. They were doing some seriously cool moves.
Deirdre (played by beefy) Topic Starter

Deirdre had continued running, her heart pumping fast. She was drilled into the moment, the movement of leaping and dashing, she almost ran into Jane as she came over the next roof, skidding to a stop on the snowy roof. The gravel flew up behind her as her feet skidded along, she stopped a few feet from the person. Puffs of her warm breath filled the air as she clasped her belt. Why was there a person there? She could tell it was like they were waiting for her. But if they were the ones she would pick up the package from, that couldn't be correct because the address was far from this location. Her face was barely visible and only a few strands of her red hair hung in her face. "Who are you?" she asked cautiously, her adrenaline slowly calming.
Takahashi Akimitsu (played by Prince-Dono)

Takahashi ran on the roof tops moving as if they were made for him knowing every corner and gap between buildings not slowing down for an instant trying to catch up with Deirdre. Moving as he did in the cold watching his breath hit him in the face as he ran was just another day for Takahashi and his job and no one took his job as serious as he did.

"This is ridiculous Deirdre is a grown women and just because a few setups happen here and there doesn't mean we have to be in freaking packs, I didn't sign up for this" Takahashi said rolling over a vent before leaping to the next building. Takahashi was never one to argue with Naysem a job was a job even if it was doing the one thing he hate doing which was working in a team, he continues running to where he should meet run into Deirdre only seeing a women with wings land a couple of buildings ahead of him.

Takahashi makes it to the building across from where he saw the women land only to see Deirdre talking to her "Figures" he says with a tired face. Takahashi stood there with his arms cross "Might as well see how this plays out"

Jane's confidence drained as soon as Deirdre asked her her name.

"Well, um, I'm-" The metaphorical engine of the metaphorical car of her tongue sputtered and died.

Jane swallowed, and composed herself. "I'm Jane. I saw you running through the streets, and thought you looked pretty cool doing it. I just wanted to say hi?"

The last part was a question because Jane was unsure whether it was socially acceptable to land in front of a person who is free running in the middle of the night to say hi. Typical Jane.

Deirdre quirked her brow in slight disbelief but removed her hand from her belt, keeping her guard up. "Uhm... Hi then?" she blinked with a small wave before looking at her holo watch, eyes widening a bit. She looked back up to Jane politely. "Hey, uhm I should get going. Got business to take care of." she took one step back with a small salute before she was once again off in a sprint towards downtown.

Well, that was certainly entertaining.~ (That was sarcasm, by the way.)

She just took off without a proper introduction! Bloody hell, this girl was a handful, I could tell. She obviously was in a hurry, so I took off to follow her. (I'm not a stalker, I swear.)

I flew in alongside the girl when I could, trying to continue our lovely little conversation, which was nearly brutally murdered when she left. "So... I don't believe I caught your name."

Deirdre continued running along, hot puffs of air coming from her mask. Looking over to Jane, she blinked. "Deirdre." she simply said, leaping to the next building. The woman didn't mean to be so rude but she was after all on the job as of currently and she had to get to the meet up point. She couldn't go with her though of course, this job was strictly supposed to be just her and her alone.

Takahashi kept to the roof tops after Deirdre running on her right keeping out of sight, he could tell that this is no ordinary package she's dropping off. "Starting to make sense, such an important package probably needs more then one person" Takahashi said landing on a buliding.

The woman swiftly not, began to cross a thick wire that hung over a street. It wasn't a problem for her as she'd had much training already. The distant ring of sirens sounded in the distant streets ahead and Deirdre took a turn away from them, trying to avoid the police. Last thing this job needed was police snooping around them. Deirdre continued running before long she stopped beside a tower, quickly climbing up it. She took out her holo-watch after reaching the top and looked around the horizon. Squinting she nodded to herself, sliding back down. She knew exactly where the address was now. Deirdre however couldn't help but feel that she was being followed other then the girl she just met.

Tristen kneels behind a vent watching as Deirdre stop to see her destination, as she continues back on the move Tristen moves with her staying out of sight. Tristen ran and watch Deirdre as her movements start to look strange which to him meant only one thing "She knows I'm following her...no point in staying hidden".

Tristen picks up the pace jumping from building to building moving closer to Deirdre until he was right there on her right keeping up with her, " Took you long enough to figure out I was following you Rutt, you want to tell me where we're going?" he said as they both jump to the next building in complete sync.

Deirdre continued on before looking to the male who had approached her. "Hm. Yeah whatever, I assume your another mercenary?" she paused a moment reluctant to tell him the location. "I thought this was a solo mission. They send you out just in case?" she seemed a bit irritated at that fact. She was perfectly capable of handling herself.

"They sent me because of all the setups that have been happening lately" Takahashi said sliding after sliding under a pipe "Tell you the truth I don't want to be here as much as you want me here but, an order is an order". Takahashi follows Deirdre like a moth to a flame not losing pace with her for even a second, he wants to ask where the destination was exactly that was really nagging at him.

"You don't have to tell me the destination. At least tell me who the client is?"

"I may as well tell you all the details... Location is in a warehouse, 9th sub-floor located downtown near the Luxury Hotel on Anapolis Avenue. Client is a high class business man, didn't state of what business but then again it isn't ours to know. We are to take the package to the Sky View complex. Large skyscraper, high class building. Penthouse floor. Specific orders instruct that we are absolutely not to open the package under any circumstance." Deirdre explained as she grabbed a pole, swinging over a couple ventilation pipes. She watched him for a moment before a question arose in her mind. "You obviously know me correct? I may as well know you. Name and specializations?" she asked rather bluntly.

That was more then Takajashi had expect from just meeting some one for the first time, he thought he might as well tell her everything. "Takahashi Akimitsu Taki for short, I mostly specialize in retrieval then drop offs" he said sliding over a vent " Trust the only reason I know you is because I have to for this mission".

Takahashi saw the destination getting closer and closer from seeing the lights of the hotel, just before arriving in a few moments Takahashi turns to Deirdre "I'm guessing we're not suppose to be seen getting up to the complex?"

Well, well, well! Looks like someone else decided to show up to the party. The more the merrier, I say. Now I'm certainly going to follow along to see where this goes.

Well, it turns out these people were super-spies. Exciting, right? But I couldn't help but be reminded of the people who turned me into an oversized pigeon in the first place. They were super-spies, too. I needed to be careful of these, they may work for the same people, although it wasn't likely.

"AHEM. Well, this is fun. I'll just, be over here. Flying."

Sorry! What else what I supposed to do? I suppose I could have shut up, but I was feeling rather left out.

Deirdre was then reminded that Jane was there. Well what were they going to do about this? If she was a civilian, she could jeoprodize the whole mission. She had to think a moment. Then it hit her that, she probably wouldn't leave. " Tell ya what. Do you want to help?" what she was asky was, yes risky but you know what, she was responsible for her if she accepted.

Ah! Finally, a sensible question.

"Of course I'll help you. What do you think I'm still doing here?"

She nodded with a glance her now partner and back to Jane. "Alright, I need someone in the complexs security central keeping an eye on the cameras and security systems in the building. We need extra eyes... Do you think you could handle that?" she asked.

Takahashi nodded back at Deirdre bring his eyes up to jane, he listen as Deirdre explained what jane would have to do which would help them out in more ways then one. Takahashi thought with jane on security sneaking around would be all the more easier but, if they client didn't want Deirdre to be seen then why would he have her come to such a populated place. As they made there way to the last building before the hotel Takahashi saw lights on the massive building barley able to see the top.

Stopping at the edge of the building the hotel lights nearly blinding Takahashi "Alight Deirdre you have the package so its your show, how are we getting up to penthouse unseen?"

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Package (OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus