Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Children of the sea. (open to join)

Lana (played by Freyya)

Lana ran.

Just her luck. One of the few times she'd shift into her human form, and Aqua corp. found her.
She was in Sydney, Australia. The young half-mermaid didn't know what to do anymore, she was almost crying as she ran. she ran into an alley, and just as she was about to exit it on the other side, two men in black marine costumes appeared with sedative arrow guns in their hands. "There she is!" one of them yelled, as he started aiming. Lana skidded to a stop and turned around, to turn left into an other alley. Just as she was about to round the corner, she felt the arrow drill itself into her left shoulder. The sheer force of the impact sent her sprawling out of the men's sights. She tried getting up, but the sedative worked quickly. Her arms and legs went limp, and the only parts of her body she could still move were her head and the tips of her fingers.

It was then that she saw the silhouette of a figure at the end of the alley. "P-please..." she tried to say "H...help m-me..."

((anyone can join, but keep in mind that we might be going underseas, depending on wether your character or is able to do so or not))
Other characters (played by EonRising)

Marco saw this last little bit and looked up, stunned at why had happened. He was on "vacation" in Sydney but it seemed every time he was on leave that he had to use his gun anyways. He pulled out his pistol, which had a silencer and shot each man in the head without flinching.
He rushed to the girl's side and knelt down with her head in his lap, "Hold on, I'm gonna call the police, it's gonna be okay!"
Lana (played by Freyya) Topic Starter

"No... D-don't..." the sedative made it hard for her to speak. "Th-they're c...coming!"

At that moment, the men from AC came around the corner. "HALT!" One of them yelled.
"Watch it James, he's got a gun." the other one informed him. "I suggest you hand over the girl to us."

"Who the hell are you guys?!" Marco growled at them as he pried the arrow from Lana's shoulder, "Ehat in the hell did she do to make you guys angry?! She's nt even old enough to drink where I'm from!"

"I said, hand. Her. Over. She belongs with us." the man threatened. It was obvious he wouldn't give in.

"I have no idea what the Aussie military thought process is, but in America, there's strong," he slowly stood, "And there's army strong," he shot each of them in quick succession and picked the girl up, running down the alley and away.

"T-thank y...you." Lana uttered, before fainting. The sedative in combination with the arrow wound had rendered her useless.

He didn't reply but kept running.
When she woke up she would find that she was sitting in a hotel room with her wound bandaged up wth tight guaze. Marcia was sitting in a nearby chair reading a book.

Lana's eyes opened. It took her a while to focus and set her thoughts straight. once she'd managed that, she remembered what happened. "W-where am I? What's going on?"

"You're safe is where you are," Marco said quietly and continued reading.

Lana sat up straight. She was wearing new clothes... Did he see my legs!? This thought freaked her out. What if he's seen my legs? He'll kill me for sure!

He had but he didn't care. People had odd skin conditions and he guessed that she did too so he didn't bother asking her about it.
"How are you feeling?"

"I-I'm fine..." she said, stretching out. Her shoulder was slightly sore from the arrow wound, but at least it felt better again. "Thank you for saving me back there... Words can't express..." The words stopped in her throat.

"Are you alright?" he looked at her worriedly, "What's wrong?"

"Those men have been keeping me captive for ten years... The idea of being dragged back there... The doctor's anger..." she took a deep breath. "thank you."

"Oh..." Marco didn't really know how to respond to this so he just sat ther somewhat awkwardly before introducing himself.
"I am Sergeant Rodriguez, US Marine Corps. You may call me Marco."

The effect of the sedative injected by AC's men was starting to wear off completely, and Lana was able to move again, even though it was stunty. "My name is Lana." She replied.

"That's a nice name," he commented, "Are you hungry at all?"

"I guess I could use some food..." she replied shyly. Why is this man helping me? she wondered. It's not like she'd done anything to earn his help. As far as Lana knew, you had to do something for someone to get you something in return. Or at least, that's how things happened back at the AC lab. Lana just didn't know any different.

"What do you want?" he stood and handed her the room service menu then sat down again, "Anything you'd like," he said with a warm smile, "You've been through a lot."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Children of the sea. (open to join)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus