Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Darkness that falls (open)

He ran as fast as he could on his clawed toes. His eyes lit up as the skies thundered, lighting flashing as he fled from his chasers. Demons. They nipped at his feet as he fled, large wings useless in the pouring rain. His scaly fur was pitch black, barely seen in the lighting as his form ran through the alleys of the deserted castle in full blown panic.

When he ran into a corner, a dead end, and turned around with a growl. He was outnumbered by three to one. The demons after him were dragons too, but were stronger than he was. High ranked hunters, hunting him dowm from escaping earlier capture. They also laughed at his skinnyness. They closed in one him, as he backed up into the corner more, growling.

He tried to escape, but the walls proved too slick as the demons got ever closer, forcing him to attack them back. But from his weakness in weight, he was easiy tossed back, sliding on the ground and wincing. He stood, shakily, and braced for pain as the first demon charged him, screeching loudly.

He could only hope someone had seen him dart pas while being chased.
Sorea (played by Katia)

Sorea had been coiled up like a serpent resting nearby when she saw what looked to be a dragon being chased by three demonic looking dragons. Of course she didn't get a good look, but she felt pity for the dragon being chased and decided to help out.

She uncoiled her body, spread her wings and took to the air. Unlike most dragons, her body was perfectly adapted to flying in such weather as the rain simply slid right off her feathered wings and her body wasn't as bulky which also lessened the impact of the pouring rain.

It took her but, but moments to locate the black dragon and it didn't take more then a glance to confirm that he really needed help. He was outnumbered three to one and looked rather thin. He had tried to attack his pursuers, but had been easily thrown back.

It was then that she dove down and her slender body proved to be her ally as she manged to easily slip between the two walls and managed to deliver a vicious headbutt to the charging demon which flung it hard into the wall. Sorea then positioned herself between the weakened dragon the three demons in front of them. Unlike him, she was a dragon in peak psychical condition and this weather only served to strength her lightning powers.

She viciously roared at the three demons before luaching a lightning bolt from her mouth. It that bolt hit, the demons would be in a lot of trouble thanks to all the rain that covered them.
Darkness Light Falls (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

The first demon, shooken from the headbutt, staggers to its feet and flees in terror.

The remaining demons barely avoid the bolt, though getting hit on the tails. They get electrocuted, before growling at the new dragon harshly. ''Ohohoho, trying to protect our prisoner?'' One snapped, grinning with red eyes shining. They were well fit for fighting and chasing, though with stubby wings that looked useless for flight. ''He's too weak for you to help.'' The second added childlishly.

Darkness winces, large wings drenched in rain. He shudders from stinging hunger in his stomach, but remains in place, trying to stay focused. He was soaked by now, enough for the demons to laugh even more as the extent of his skinnyness reveals his ribs and wings that were still fit for flight.

''Hehe, pipsqueak relying on a stranger.'' The stubby winged demon mocked, laughing harder.
Sorea (played by Katia)

Sorea didn't even bother to dignify the two remaining demon's talk with a response. It was up to her and her alone to decide if this dragon was too weak for her to help. Personally she thought that a good meal would do a lot to toughen him up judging from his appearance.

Suddenly the storm clouds seemed to concentrate in the air above them and a lightning bolt suddenly rocketed down in between them missing the two demons by mere inches. "It seems to me that the weather itself is also my ally. Care go a round with that as well?" The truth of the matter was that the weather was always her ally since she was a storm dragon with the ability to manipulate the weather at will. In order to further drive home that point, another bolt of lightning arced down to strike the ground right between the two demons likely singeing them. "Care to further test your luck. You might not be so lucky next time."

The demons yelp, getting singed. With a scowl they back away then flee aswell.

Darkness remained silent, breaths quick and heart racing from hearing and seeing the lighting. Black as night, though strange stripes would light up from his legs and neck to outline his frail,skinny, but somewhat sturdy build. He seemed panic stricken, but driven by hunger to even had been caught and escaped.
He lowers his head, the nibbles on his front foot, though his jaws were too thin to do nothing more than scrape at the thick scales and fur covering it.

''.....'' He said, shaking slightly, eyes looking at Sorea warily, scared and frightened.
Sorea (played by Katia)

Sorea waited until the two demons were completely out of sight before turning to look at Darkness, but didn't move any closer since she could recognize that he was frighted of her. "I know you don't know me, but I must ask you to trust me enough to stay here for a little bit. I promise I won't move any closer to you, but you look like you are starving and I would be willing to go find you something to eat. Some meat on those bones would do you a lot of good you know."

She then backed up a few steps to show that she meant no harm to him and then took to the air. Before leaving the castle grounds, she first scanned the ground for any sign of those demons and finding none, she flew off in the pursuit of prey to bring back to him. It was now up to him whether he would trust her enough to wait for her.

As he was hunger stricken, he remained in place, trusting her just enough to not budge. A rat skitters past and he snatches it up in his mouth. He eats it, leaving only bones and no blood behind. He remained in place though, watching the skies longingly, his wings still soaked in water. He was indeed starving, and greatly hungry from running about trying to escape.

It wasn't long until he slowly dozed of, tired, and still stnding up on his feet. Drool started running down his fanged mouth, but he remained ever so tuned into the various surroundings. The V-shaped fuzz on his head twitches lightly, as his head slowly goes down until his nose is touching the rain soaked gravel.

(Off to bed, night~)
Sorea (played by Katia)

It didn't take long for Sorea long to locate a lone stag in the nearby woods. She quickly swooped down on it to grab it by the throat with her jaws and easily severed the animal's spinal cord, killing it instantly. It was a good sized stag so it would make a good meal for the thin and weak dragon that she had left at the abandoned castle. She then flew back to the castle with her victim in her jaws.

Once she arrived back at the castle, she dropped the stag in front of him with an audible thud. If he were to look up, he would see her in the air with her wings beating softly in the downpour. She had every intention of watching over him as he ate to make sure he could feed unmolested by anything that might think of trying to take advantage of his vulnerability and chase him off the kill. It wouldn't do any good to bring him that meal if he didn't get to take proper advantage of it after all.

Dark jerked awakened violently at the thud, fur standing up on ends until he relized whom and what is was as he calmed down.

His furred scales settled down as he glanced up, wiping the drool of his teeth. It would be that move that exposed the small blackened fangs he had, though nearly hidden by his maw. He winces as his stomach growls, then carefully starts to eat the stag carefully. Any blood that would have drizzled out from his eating seemed to disappear without a trace. His giant wings were hanging to his side. Oddly large for his overall height, well muscled despite his thin,weak, and fragile appearance.

''T......Thanks....'' He said, hoarse.
Sorea (played by Katia)

Sorea tilted her head slight when she caught a glimpse of those strange black fangs the male dragon had. She had never seen such teeth in a dragon before. However that wasn't nearly as strange as the fact that no blood from the deer was spilling out onto the ground as he ate. Even if she ate as cleanly as she could, there still would have been a significant amount of blood on the ground anyway.

"What sort of dragon are you? I never saw such strange black fangs on a dragon before and you ate that deer without any blood spilling to the ground. I have never seen that done before either. Just what are you?"

Sorea proceeded to land, but left about ten feet between them since she always did her best to keep her promises and then watched her warily as she waited for an answers for the strange things she had just witnessed.

He finished eating, leaving only bones behind from the stag.

''If I told you why, you'd no doubt run away from me...'' He replied grimly, frowning. It was a question he avoided answering several times, even after his chasers had asked him after he'd been caught. His wings fold tightly as he gulps loudly. His fangs glistening with blood from the killed and now eaten stag. Bones picked clean, though chewed on slightly to sharpen his teeth.
Sorea (played by Katia)

<I think now would be a good time to try and come up with a plot. How about those demons come back with an army a while later and try to arrest them both?>
Shadya Nightlurker (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

<Thankfully, this char is one of those demons.>

As the two spoke, a strong built dragon with skeletal armor sneaks up behind Sorea. It was colored like the shadows, with wings made of metal and thin scraps of fabric tied hastily together onto pre-existing membranes. It's face was a dragon skull mask, with dark brown furry ears perked up. It was another hunter demon, only one of the few masked ones that still did a daily patrol of the ruins.

It had alerted the others of the two dragons nearby, but had left on its own to trap them.

''Well well well....Still resting in the dead ends of the castle of darkness?'' Hissed the dragon, whos voice was raspy and long. ''To feast on bones and ruin your pretty little teeth?'' It mocked.
Sorea (played by Katia)

Sorea didn't have time to reply before another dragon appeared. She turned to face this new dragon and gave a low deep growl. In her opinion this dragon looked...kinda sad to tell the truth. Really, hastily tied additions of metal and fabric to your already existing wings? In her opinion that was just sad.

Moving her head to the side so she could watch both this new dragon and the one she had helped behind her. "Do you recognize this one? I have never seen this dragon before." Sorea had helped him after all, so she figured the least he could do was tell her what kind of foe this dragon would be. Knowledge about one's opponent was always a good thing after all.

Darkness tilted his head, thinking. ''Besides it seeming to be a shadow looking demon dragon...Thatsa bout all I can see.'' He replied, moving his head back, though growling at the dragon weakly too.

Shadya laughed loudly. ''What are you, best friends?'' It snorted, snickering. ''Yes, I admit I look pitiful in most ways. But you two look pitiful here in the rain.'' It added, mask rattlng dully. Its shoulders were covered in bone armor, thick and worn down slightly from age. Shadya took a fighting pose, grinning. ''I'm not alone, you silly little storm dragon and Darkness.'' It then said, grinning micheviously.
Sorea (played by Katia)

Sorea was disappointed that Darkness didn't have more to add. She had hoped that he would have known this dragon even if it was only a little. Oh well, she would just have to make the best of it.

She then replied to the demon dragon. "No we are not. I simply saw him being chased by three other dragons and decided to help, nothing more. Also since you recognized that I am a storm dragon, then you should also realize that I could stop this rain if I wanted to. My breed has no problem at all with the rain, in fact we like it so I hardly feel pitiful by standing here in the rain. Now what sort of business do you have with the dragon behind me? Is Darkness his name?"

Sorea made no move to attack Shadya as she was curious as to it's reason for coming here as well as the possibility to learn about the dragon that she had helped.

''I just need that dragon for the demons to catch. But since I know I'm outnumbered, I called out for help. Telling you what the dragon behind you is would be pathetic.'' He snorted, stil grinning. ''You control weather, but I control the shadows. I can disappear into the ground if someones shadow is over me. I am Shadya Nightlurker, lead demon dragon of the shadows.'' He added, torn and hastily fixed wings spread.

Darkness backs into the corner more, trembling and still scared. ''D...Demons trying to catch me..'' He stammered, looking at Sorea. ''Y...You sure they won't hurt your r...really bad?'' He asked.
Sorea (played by Katia)

[Do you have any particular rules you use for rp fighting? I have a feeling a battle is going to break out again.]

[My only rule used sparingly in this case is no insta kills. Sparingly because Darkness will re-appear even after death. Shadya is well built to be in fights.)
Sorea (played by Katia)

(I meant more in the way of dodging and hitting rules.)

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Darkness that falls (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus