Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hello, RPR!

Gyrlass

Hello everyone! I'm very excited to be a member of this great community. I actually stumbled across RPR quite some time ago, but was too nervous to join. I should have stuffed that feeling into a bag and join that very day.

I can't say that I'm an expert on RPing (in fact, I'm sure that I'm far from it), but I always do my best to write replies.
Hello Gyrlass~

Don't worry, I did the same a while back, having been introduced to the RPR by a friend, but slowly sliding away from all the fun to be had here. And I don't believe I've ever encountered an expert in role-playing, so it is safe to say, you are certainly not alone in that aspect~

Also! The Elder Scrolls is an excellent series, and I would say that Morrowind is my favorite, by far (Crossbows and mysticism!), and that I know of a Skyrim based RP that has yet to begin, and is looking for interested folks to participate. Here is the link, if this interests you~: http://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=5302&p=1#800558
Gyrlass Topic Starter

Thank you for the welcome, and it's great to meet you Miss!

Ah, I need to get Morrowind. I've heard nothing but good things about the game, and it is and Elder Scrolls game so I have to get my hands on it. And thank you for sharing that with me. I'll have to check it out, though if it's forum based I can't say how well I'd do. I've never done such a thing before.
You as well! And you're welcome.

Forum roleplay is something that I am still getting use to, but, tis' not hard to implement other skills developed from non-forum activities. I am cheating and using my apparently odd way of posting for two of my main characters, a skill I developed in Furcadia. But there's nothing to fret about, as trying things within the grounds of the RPR almost always results in something good.
Gyrlass Topic Starter

I have to admit that I'm interested in trying a forum RP. It looks like great fun. I think I might just have to take a chance and try this.
Sanne Moderator

Hi Gyrlass, welcome to RPR! :) Our community is bunches of friendliness wrapped in epicness, so no need to worry!

Did you know you can turn any forum topic into a live-time chat? When you and your RP partner are on at the same time, you can open the chat window and live post at each other without the delay of regular forum RP. :D (It also works really well for our official OOC chat topic!) Just click on the launch chat button at the top or bottom of any topic!

If forum RP is too slow for you, that might be a good way to get started around here. Just make sure you let the other person know you're using the chatbox and encourage them to do the same so they won't be a total slowpoke about it. ;)
Gyrlass Topic Starter

That is an amazing package of friendliness. :D

No, I did not know that. Thank you for telling me, Sanne! I will be sure to use it if I should ever need to. I am definitely looking forward to spending time on RPR.
Welcome to RPR! It's really lovely here with many wonderful people! I hope you find it as awesome as the rest of us :3
Gyrlass Topic Starter

I have only been here for a few days, but I think I'm already enjoying myself. :D Thank for the welcome!

And bring you a shrubbery? Do you know how hard it is to find one of those?
I demand shrubbery as tribute! Lol
Hi there! Glad you decided to join, it's always awesome to see new faces! I'm really happy to see you've been enjoying yourself, I love the community here too :)
Gyrlass Topic Starter

Hello! Glad to meet you, Loki!

Yes, RPR has been a great experience so far, and I don't think it's going to change. :D
Glad it has been so great for you! NI! Ahem. Excuse me...happens sometimes when the lady of the lake and her laker girls get on a roll...but! Welcome to RPR!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hello, RPR!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus