Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Movies!!

Movies are great. Heres a few of my faves.
  • Home alone (1, 2 and 3.) I like the second and third mostly because nostalgia.
  • Star Wars ( 4, 5, 6 in paticular. Eeeee. Prequels were alright but not great. The new series of movies were....force awakens was good but the last jedi and the rise of skywalker dissapointed me and Im sad. All in all though i love Star Wars. Thinking about making an Star Wars Character lol)
  • The Lord of the rings trilogy is great. Love it.
  • Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory (with gene wilder!)
  • Les miserables (I cried during it! I admit it!)
  • Lots of studio ghibli films (kikis delivery service, My neighbor totoro (Fox dub), castle in the sky, Howls moving castle, Ponyo, Whisper of the Heart, Spirited away, When Marnie was there.) Love them to death.
JoJoApples wrote:

Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory (with gene wilder!)

Hehe. Love that movie. And the book.
Rogue-Scribe

I forgot about this thread... I can add a couple I watched recently from my long dormant DVD stack. Gotta love isolation for some things...

Black Book - A Dutch World War 2 film about the resistance and life in occupied Netherlands. Well acted by Carice van Houten as Rachel Stein, alias Ellis de Vries as the central character. An excellent period movie.
Rogue-Scribe

Does TV mini-series count?

Watched The Liberator a few times since it came out. Loved the accuracy in the tech of this live/chi mashup world war 2 story based on the book by the same name. Part of the fun watching it again was picking out the lines that have been used on many older war movies.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Movies!!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus