Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Highschool for the Wicked and the Honorable

Isaiah Lim (played by Orose_Khan)

Isaiah raised an eyebrow. He'd dealt with rebellious teenagers before and it was ultimately a very tiring process. Still, he had a responsibility as a teacher and replied, "in my experience, the best way to get someome to do something properly is to call them out on it. Your generation is a very complacent one. If I tell you that you can't do something, surely some measure of pride in your work must surface for you to want to prove me wrong.

"In any case, your sketches and diagrams were terrible, and I have no issue with bringing that up in front of the class. As an artist, I know for a fact that you can draw better than this. So if you hand me subpar work, I've every right to dismiss your skill as an artist because you haven't proven to me that you can do it. So identify the problem and solve it. Hate physics? You're taking the class so get over it. Don't like me as a teacher? Drop my class and join another one. Didn't put in enough effort? Then you jolly well put in more effort next time. You all opted to take physics for one reason or another and as young adults I should not have to raise my voice at you. So make sure that you perform better on the next assignment."

Satisfied with his short lecture, he returned to the front of the class and started going through corrections.
Amber (played by Mathgeek124) Topic Starter

She growled, her, now balled, fist shaking. “No.” She whispered to herself. “No magic.”
(Can I join this?)
Melisandre (played by Skye1101)

Melisandre kept to herself as Amber and the teacher continued to argue, trying to block it out with thoughts of practicing her magic.
(Can I join??)
(I always find these things to late)

Isaiah concluded his corrections with little incident and proceeded with the lesson. "Now to recap, can anyone define Newton's Law of Linear Momentum for the class?"

Melisandre slowly raised her hand, “Newton's second law of motion states that a body's rate of change in momentum is equal to the net force acting on it.” She answered quietly, still looking down at her desk.

"Well, that's not wrong but it's an incomplete answer. His law actually says that momentum is equal to the product of mass and velocity. So from there we can differentiate... "

Isaiah started writing on the board and explaining at the same time, showing the class how force is derived from the formula for momentum through calculus and demonstrating cases of changing velocity through free-fall and changing mass through a spaceship's escape velocity. When the bell rang, he concluded the lesson by giving out homework.

"Right, I'll see you tomorrow. Have a good day everyone."

(It clearly freaking stated that’s this is closed. LEAVE)

She balled her homework in her fist, walking out at the bell.
Lee (played by Icyrosyseal)

((may i join?))

Melisandre stood and left at the sound of the bell, although she waited until everyone else had left. She walked out into the hallway and stood silently, thinking about where she should go.

Lee wrote:
((may i join?))

((NO))
Lee (played by Icyrosyseal)

((OH. you made this. welp, sorry for the mixup. i'll be off then.))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Highschool for the Wicked and the Honorable

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus