Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Salvation and Damnation

Jerian (played by Terel) Topic Starter

Jerian growled in frustration; the girl wasn't going to give up, "Fine, if you won't come quietly... I'll come and get you by force!" Jerian took a running jump towards the building, but Jerian was an Adept of Air, and so as he jumped he pushed against the air below and behind him, so that he easily cleared the gap and landed on the other side in a low crouch, short-sword in one hand, rifle in the other. He smiled, "Let's see who runs faster, then."
Joanne Willow (played by Freyya)

Jayne reached into her inner being, pulling dark energy from the monster. That's right... use my energy... it commented. "Shut up." Jayne said. She didn't like doing this at all, but it would have to be done. It was for the greater good.
Black shadow enveloped her feet and she jumped back at the roof Jerian came from. She landed, turned sharp left and ran to the edge, jumping to the next one. She continued at this speed, traversing the roofs at an immense speed.

Jerian cursed under his breath as the girl jumped passed him, "Damn fool girl will kill us all!" He spat. He turned around and chased after her, using his wind magic to propel himself over gaps and to soften landings. As he ran he pressed his hand to the communication device on his ear, "Omega command, this is Jerian. Host has escaped, I am in pursuit, where's that back-up?"

"They're at the building you just left with your men. We've ordered them to set up a perimeter around the area to stop the girl leaving. We've got more men en-route. We can't let her get away, Paladin. Commander O'Hara is in command of your reinforcements, her ETA to your present location is two minutes."

Jerian didn't allow himself the luxury of feeling surprised, "Dawn's here? Fine. Give me a nav point to her location, I'll herd the girl towards her."

"Acknowledged."

The heads-up display on the screen that appeared in front of his eye, sliding out of the device on his ear, showed a blue blinking dot chasing a red dot, a green dot showed him where Commander O'Hara was. Jerian smiled grimly as he chased after the girl; he'd have to force her to turn.

The next time he got a clear view of the girl he pushed against he air in front of him and sent a blast of wind at her, intentionally making it miss, but hoping that it'd spook her into running back into he waiting arms of his men.

The wind hit Jayne in mid-jump. She cursed as she was sent spinning off course and into the die of a building. Falling down, she was glad the shadow had enveloped her wings as the fall would surely have brokern both her legs.
She scowled, quickly stood up and started running again, this time into an alley. unknowingly running towards the reinforcements. She wasn't going to end up at their location at this pace, however, she was going to miss them by two blocks. She looked left and right, almost expecting a tank to show up. She needed to get the hell out of there, or her constant tapping of the monster's energy would leave her vulnerable, and it would start to take over again.
As if the monster was following her thinking, he suddenly growled deep within her. She gritted her teeth and pushed it back down. "Goddamnit..." she mumbled and increased her pace.

Jerian followed the girl along the roof-tops, he cursed when he noticed that his wind-blast had actually hit her. She'd run right past them! Jerian pressed his comms device again, "Dawn? It's Jerian. The girl's on the ground again and she'd heading towards you, get your butt in gear or you'll miss her!"

"Copy that." Cam the crisp, serious voice of the Irish commander, "And that's 'get your butt in gear ma'am' to you, Paladin."

"You got Kate with you?" Jerian asked.

"No, left her back at HQ. we need some Guardians back there in case this whole thing was a diversion." His superior replied.

Jerian came to a place where the roofs of the buildings had collapsed. He could go no further... he'd have to jump down. Jerian grimaced, "Ah hell..." He muttered, "I hate doing this." He leapt off of the building, pushing against the air beneath him to slow his fall, but he landed heavily anyway, his knees bending under the impact, forcing a grunt out of him. A second later the Paladin was again giving chaise to Jayne.

Meanwhile, up ahead, Commander Dawn O'Hara and her men had picked up speed, hoping to intercept the girl before she crossed heir path.

Jayne just kept running, vaguely hearing a thud when Jerian landed. The shadow at her legs was creeping upwards slightly, fighting against her will and trying to take control over her. She pushed him down again and started crying as she ran, the tears running down the side of her face.
Suddenly she spotted movement in the corners of her eye. she turned to look at several more of the society running her way. "Damn it!" she muttered. She skidded to a stop and slammed her fist into the ground, creating a circle of shadow around her. It wasn't high, sort of like up until a regular human's hips, but the black was mixed with dark green as the poison creeped through it. She fell to her hands and knees and breathed heavily. Had she run on now, she'd have turned for sure.

The Society personnel approached Jayne warily, in the lead was the auburn-haired Irish girl Dawn O'Hara, barely older than Jayne herself, though the two Knight Guardians, and the Knight Medic she had with her all seemed to be in their thirties and forties. Dawn made a quick hand-sign and the two Guardians fanned out to either side of Jayne, the Medic hanging back near Dawn.

A few seconds later, Jerian ran up, stopping a few feet behind Jayne, "Glad you could make it, Dawn. This one is dangerous."

Commander O'Hara nodded once, "They're always dangerous." She looked Jayne up and down and said, "We don't want to hurt you, or fight you. I know you're scared, I know that creature is strong, but we know what we're doing. We can help you!"

Jayne just smiled. "How many times are you going to keep saying that? Nothing will change the fact that this creature will tear you all up if you try. I promise you'll regret it." She stopped smiling and got up, facing Dawn and Jerian. She sort of pushed the monster down again, but she wasn't risking making a run for it just yet. it knew when she was wearing herself out and would strike accordingly.

"Girl, you don't know who you're talking to." Dawn said, "I've seen creatures a hundred times more powerful than that thing inside you. I was there at the Battle of the Temple Mount; I saw the Demon Lord Abaddon with my own eyes, one of the Seven Demonic Princes."

"The creature is very powerful, we all know that." Jerian said gently, "But we are powerful too. You're obviously strong enough to hold it at bay, if you can hold it back then why can't we destroy it? We've killed more Demons than most Humans, we know what we're doing."

"I told you before! This creature has been in my family for generations. I don't know what it is since it has never told us, but we as humans have adapted so we could contain it. My family is both physically and mentally stronger than a regular human. We're used to it. And now you wish to set it free?" Jayne didn't know of the society of course, but she did know about what was locked inside her, and she knew it'd go on a rampage if they'd try.

"Do we look like we're insane?" Jeria asked her, "We're not about to set it free! We're going to take you back to Cell Omega, there's a place there designed for proper exorcisms; rooms warded and protected, places to trap the creature long enough for it to be destroyed. Don't mistake it for the amateurish fumblings of the Church or some other religious organisation. We aren't entreating some higher power to save you. We are using methods that have been tried and tested, methods that have been refined over generations."

"In other words." Dawn said, "We know exactly what we're doing. We can't let you go free with that thing inside you. We all know that you're not in full control of it... if it gets free of you, or takes you over... well, you seem to know exactly what would happen. So long as that thing resides in you, you are a threat to Free Humanity and we cannot, will not, allow this to continue. Come with us peacefully and we will help you... resist, or let the creature free again and we will be forced to take you... or kill you."

Jayne gritted her teeth, cursing their names silently. They have no idea what they're getting themselves into...
At that point, her eyes widened. The shadow around her legs was rising quickly again as the monster was trying to assume control. She fell to her hands and knees, and managed to stop it just as it reached her hips. She breathed heavily and fought a mental battle with it in order to prevent him from assuming control. However, the creature had obtained enough power to once again speak for himself.
I welcome you, Dawn of the Society. I remember you. I recall a certain... Demon... telling tales of how wonderful your mother tasted when he devoured her body and soul... And Jerian, dear Jerian. Have you ever wondered why you were left on that church's doorstep in the first place? The creature chuckled, a soft one but dripping with a sinister evil that sent shudders down Jayne's spine.

Both of them froze, Jerian was staring at Dawn, and she was staring at Jayne, "Dawn..." Jerin said warningly.

"What do you mean, creature?" Dawn hissed, her hans clenching into fists at her sides.

"Dawn! It's trying to wind you up! Demons lie constantly!" Jerian said.

"Then how did it know about my mother?" Dawn asked, "How did it know she was dead?"

"Dawn, billions of people are dead. Most died by demonic hands. It was guessing." Jerian said.

The auburn-haired Irish-girl nodded, she forced her hands to unclench, "You're right... it... it's trying to play us."

THe creature chuckled. Ignorant fools. Do you think that 'kappa-level demon' or whatever your kind calls it, was on its own? Believe me, all of them are connected... even before the Veil's rupture, huh? Well, she should've been more careful! I'm guessing you could have used a lot more of your kind right about now...
"Stop it..." Jayne said. The dark chuckle ceased immediately.
Well now, is my little guardian angel getting stronger? he replied. You aren't supposed to be able to talk at all when i'm speaking! he almost yelled that last word, and Jayne groaned as the shadow advanced another inch.
As I was saying, Dawn... Jerian... I do most certainly remember the two of you. he chuckled once again. Jayne didn't resist this time.

"The Behemoth was part of Abaddon's forces, the Harpies too. It was a probing attack, testing our defences..." Jerian said, "I am not afraid of you, or any other Demon. If you know who we are, creature, then you should know fear. We've fought things far greater than you."

Dawn nodded, "My family has fought your kind for generations. My mother died fighting and so did my father... your kind of a reckoning coming, Demon, and you are looking at the tip of the spear."

"So speak your lies and your false tales, it doesn't matter to us. We will rip you from this girl and destroy you." Jerian said, "And if any part of you survives I will personally ensure it is hurled broken into the deepest pits of the Lower Planes, too deep to ever return."

The monster laughed, louder than it had done before. It was a screeching laughter, that burned through their minds - including Jayne's. She pushed her hands against her ears, as if it would help, but since the monster was attacking their minds, it didn't make any difference.
You are most welcome to give it a try, members of the society. Yet let's not play dumb. I know what happened in the past, you know it as well. Do not deny what is true. Do not deny evil.
These last words could've rung a bell on the demon's identity, if the Society knew their history and those of the divine beings, both heavenly and satanic. It was a clear indication to who he was to all who knew the name. Few yet did, since he had been locked in this accursed family for a long time. But today, he would make his presence well-known.

Dawn's eyes went wide, Jerian paled slightly, they both stared at Jayne, Dawn was wearing an expression of dawning horror, whilst Jerian simply looked shocked, "Do not deny... no..."

"Asmodeus." Dawn spat, "The Demon Lord of Lust. I know of you. We had wondered where you were, when so many of your brethren had carved out domains here on Earth... and yet you, one of the most vile of all the Seven Princes, were absent."

"A Demon Lord.. bound to a human blood-line... that is impossible..." Jerian said, his expression sharpened, "We can't fight him... we can't exorcise him..." His eyes widened, "And we're just standing here chatting to him!?" His hand flew to the device on his ear, activating the radio, "This is Jerian to Omega Command and all Society personnel, hostile entity identified as Asmodeus, repeat positive identification as Demon Lord Asmodeus."

"Protocol says we should start shooting him...her...them." Dawn said.

"And...die... great... better plan?" Jerian asked.

"It's either shoot him and die, or wait for him to kill us and then shoot." Dawn said.

Oh? The puny humans recognized me? Silly me, always being clumsy, throwing around lines that could Identify me as myself. He chuckled again, knowing full well that it was exactly his meaning to say what he had said.
Jayne got the upper hand again. "Now do you believe me?" she asked. "I warned you. Yet here you are, and you have nearly triggered unleashing his anger on all of you." She panted and groaned as she fought the Fallen angel for control over her mortal body. "I'm all that holds him. Kill me, and you'll unleash him." she managed to look up at Jerian with determined eyes. "I do not ask this of you because I want to live. I did not choose this fate, and I would honestly rather be dead! But it has always been my family's duty, and I am forced to keep the binding spell in effect."

Jerian sighed, "So... our choice is... follow orders and kill her, unleashing yet another Demon Lord unrestrained upon the world, attempt to take her back to HQ by force, where there's a slim chance we could exorcise and imprison Asmodeus and risk unleashing the demon, or let her go, condemning her to a fate worse than death and the possibility that Asmodeus will overcome her control anyway."

Dawn rubbed the bridge of her nose, "Sometimes I hate my job. If only we had an Aetherian with us... too bad Dad got them all killed."

"Got himself and all of them killed whilst saving the collective behinds of what was left of the human race." Jerian said, "I suppose in a situation like this he'd probably have ordered us to bring the girl in and keep her locked up. Of course we've not got the facilities for something like that..."

"Then we've got no choice but... to let her go." Dawn said.

"You do realise we might get court-martialed, or tried for treason." Jerian said.

"What's worse, getting kicked out of The Society or releasing a Demon Lord into the world?" Dawn asked.

"A... good point." He conceded.

Jayne got hope from those words. Hope she put to good use. She put an extreme amount of effort in pushing Asmodeus back, and eventually, a few minutes of groaning later, she managed to disperse the shadow she had inially called upon for aid. She rose to her feet. On shaky legs, she looked at the two with thankful eyes and a gentle smile. Being out of danger, or at least believing so, automatically cancelled out all influence Asmodeus had on her. She was herself again, and in full control of her own mind and actions. Asmodeus was still there, but until her life was endangered she'd be free of worry.

"There is... One more thing." she looked up at the two members of the society standing before her. She didn't really know wether or not to trust them completely, but being experienced slayers - they might know a thing or two.
"There's a story that's been going through my family for a long time... That there would be a way to achieve full control over Asmodeus and to be able to use his powers for the greater good." It might be for the best that she told them this.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Salvation and Damnation

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus