Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Watchlist for characters?

Hello lovely people!
Just as I was looking through some enchanting character profiles today, I thought that it would be totally epic to have the option to click any little button on RPR and add specific profiles to a personal "watchlist" or "fav list" - for example when you find a profile that looks very interesting but is not finished yet, or a character you'd like to send a message to at a later point asking for an RP... There could be various reasons, so I thought I'd post this.
Of course I can just save the profiles in my browser fav-list, so this is not urgent or anything; but it could also be interesting if people could see their characters being listed by others or if there could be recent activities listen on that watchlist. Depending on if that's possible at all from technical view or if it would be much of a hassle, I also see things people would probably not like about that, like for example if they want to keep privacy to the characters and want control over who can see the character's activities as in the connection-option.
But I personally would find it pretty charming to have the option for access to a casual list of other people's chars without the need to have had a roleplay and/or plotting going on first. Of course there's also the search-box to find a character and it's really quick if a character has a unique name - but when I look for one with a casual everyday usage names, several characters pop up, and so on..
This is really not a necessity, the site is perfectly epic without that, but I thought I'd see if other people would be interested in this as well or if more people would speak against that for the obvious reasons of having no control who adds the character to the list in that case. That aside, of course I don't know anything about the technical aspect so I don't know how long such a feature would take and therefore not considered because there are other things being worked on that have higher priorities.
Thanks for reading this, many many greetings and have a very nice day everyone <3
Kyce

You can technically watch a character like a profile/person. By giving your character and their's a relation of some sort. But currently there's no free watch where you can casually watch someone's updates without interacting , I wouldn't mind that as an option!
I third this suggestion!!!
definitely, this sounds amazing!

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Watchlist for characters?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus