Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Enclave

Lucas DaVinci (played by Zeronight)

He didn't like this. Not one bit. Lucas had never really liked foreigners on Silvestria, and now Gilliam was actually PROMOTING it. Well, sort of. He waited to meet his contact who simply referred to them self as "A somebody". Way to be mysterious. A plus in mysterious class. It was another rainy day, rain pouring down on him. As he looked up, a raindrop fell through his eye. Although it still didn't hurt him, it still really bothered him, like an itch or tickle he couldn't touch. One of the torch lamps flicked as rain poured down on it, it's form quivering. As it was the end of the day at the port, most people were either walking inside or landing their ships at the port. He was familiar with all the ships, so he could know when something was out of place. He was on one of the private piers, although nobody actually used it. The water crashed against the pier, the wind from the storm picking up. He turned around and looked out at the sea. He thought he could see something for a moment, but the shadow against the water then disappeared. He decided after a moment or two thinking about it, it was simply his imagination.
Rea Selyore (played by fallensiner)

Rea kept her grey eyes focused on the water the dark sky easily hiding her dark figure. She smiled as she looked to the ship that was known as Silvestria. The ship used to be a regular transport ship but know it seemed like it was being used to ferrie wealthy merchants and tourists. She smiled as she started to daydream and drool thinking about all the gold she swipe from people. She smiled unaware despite the bleak surroudings she would have very little to be had this day. She looked at the place as she quickly hid in the shadows as she quickly disappeared. she smiled as she crept along the shadows before she quickly found a place to hid near the peer.
Lucas DaVinci (played by Zeronight) Topic Starter

Without turning, Lucas said, "Don't even think about it." Thankfully, the Silvestria didn't actually GO to Silvestria. It was an anonymous donation from actual Silvestria, and the boating company had made and named a ship after it, oddly enough. Some mainlanders were surprisingly nice and sincere, although he could tell this person intended to steal from people. Why do so when you can simply work for a living. He shook his head and looked at Rea after a moment. "Why must you steal from innocents?" Lucas asked her, walking in her direction.
Sai Ren (played by PenGryphon2007)

In the distance a ship appeared, sailing for the dock. In actuality, Sai had no idea there was a dock; his ship was listing badly, one sail had a hole clear through it, another was ripped. It was amazing the thing was even afloat, never mind that it was still catching the wind in its shredded sails.

Sai yelled down to his crew, directing them to the shore when he saw the pier. Excellent, he could dock his ship and see what the real damage was.

In the next few minutes, the ship with its tiny crew of twelve docked and Sai stepped off the deck to survey the damage. And it seemed just in time as the storm struck then. Flashes of lightning made the crew scurry for cover, though Sai remained steadfast by his ship. He'd weathered enough storms to have a healthy hatred for them--one more wasn't going to kill him. He hoped.

"Ugh, I need a hot meal," he muttered.

Lucas stops and turns around, looking at the once-empty dock where Sai stands. He looks up at the ship, but the name of the ship was weathered off. Apparently, it wasn't his imagination that he had seen a ship on the stormy horizon. "May I ask what your name is and what your ship name is? I might get you a hot meal if you do. I'm hungry myself." Lucas says, staring down at his stomach.

Rea froze as she knew she had been spotted, but by whom. She turned around to see a ghostly like figure in the small bit from the boat. She gulped as the ghost saw through her hidden guise, she sighed as another male came from the distance wanting a hot meal. She gulped as she laughed going in head strong as she looked at the two of them."oh as for your mr. ghost, The ones I steal from are not exactly innocent. Im sure what they have they hurt the ones they get it from. And it does not help I have a weakness for gold and shiny valuble things." she said with a smirk as she turned her attention to the other male as the rain pressed her hair agasint her face."hmm so a travler and a ghost intresting. I suppose ill behave since im sure you do not have anything valuble. As for you mr. hot meal im afraid all I have is hard jerky and bread. In return for you not to eat a cute drow like me." she said with a giggle.

Sai flinched and turned at the sound of a voice. A ghost stood some distance away. "My name is Sai, I'm the captain of this here ship. Siren's Song she's called." He made a face as if to say 'what can I say?'.

He eyed the drow behind the ghost and smiled. "You might not want to pick my pockets; you won't like what you'll get." Not least because his coin purse was running on empty. "What are your names and what brings you to this place in the rain? Also, can I take you up on that offer of a hot meal?"

"Lucas DaVinci. Although I don't know what this girl's name is. You also look like you could use a meal." Lucas says to Sai, then the dark elf. "It's nice to meet you, Sai. And did you come here for a meeting? I've been waiting for somebody. That's also why I've been waiting out in the rain." He says to Sai.

Rea looked at the two as she looked at them as she couldn't help but laugh as she looked at them"ah so Well this is intresting mr.hotmeal is actually a sailor intresting. Sai is it? and Lucas DaVinci hmm such nice names. However I promise not to cause harm so long as I am able to get out of this rain. I wont steal as for my name it is Rea Selyore." she said as she bowed for a split second before she looked to the two men once more.

Lucas looked at the dark elf and the sailor, then motions them to follow him. "I've got a little house of sorts near here, we can get some food and shelter from the rain. Come on." The house was grand, red brick with pine and birch wood placed decoratively around, giving a royal castle-ish feel. The door to the inside had a porch-like area with a roof above it. He walks inside and holds the door open for his visitors, asking them if they could take off their shoes just inside the doorway.

"Well I didn't know about a meeting, given my ship just limped into port, but if there's a chance at earning some money, I'm game." He gave an interested look to Rea and smiled. "Pleasure to meet you. Though this cursed weather seems to have followed me."

He happily followed Lucas into the warm, or at least dry, building. He kicked off his boots, dumping a good bit of water out of them as he did so. "Er, sorry about that."

He wouldn't offer more of an explanation than that. "So do you live here, Lucas? It's a nice place." It was definitely more open than his cabin in the ship, but "luxurious" was a matter of opinion.

"I live here sometimes, I travel a lot, but I found myself coming here often, so I bought a house here. By the way, don't beat yourself up about the water." As he said the last part, the water floated up through the air and dropped into a small waterfall-stream he had. He beckoned to a table, and two chairs slid out from under the table. "I'll be right back." He said. "You can hang your jackets on the rack by the door." And with that, walked out of the room.

Rea nodded as she followed Lucas to the house he had spoken off. It was shelter as she followed Lucas to the grandiouse home. She looked at the place and she nearly drooled seeing how lavish the plce was. However she refrained from her habits. She sat down and began to unlace her leather boots, they were up to her knee as she She unlaced them as she walked onto the ground she nearly jumped unused to feeling the cold of the floor. She took a breath as she followed turned her head to Sai."so your Sai a sailor eh? hmm i suppose the weather being dreary you had nothing to do with it. Though it is quite a nuisance for me, I blend in. So Lucas is it? you being a ghost and all...oh as for the jacket I am not wearing one. All my clothes are soaked to the bone. I suppose staying by a fire would be good. As for you lving here must be a treat.." she said with a smile as she looked at the walls.

((edit))

After a little while, Lucas comes back with steaming beef, corn, and potatoes. He sets the three plates down and sits down as well, then saying, "I am meeting somebody, but didn't tell who they were, just referring to themselves as 'somebody'. It was a letter, sent to me from an anonymous address, so I can't tell who sent it. He starts to eat the food with the silverware that he put on the plates.

Sai grinned at Rea's words. "Yep, a sailor has a love-hate relationship with the weather. Give us good weather we're happy as can be; bad weather and you'd rather have a fleet of pirates on your stern. Still, it's remarkable to see a drow such as yourself out here. I'd've thought you'd stick to forests and the like?" Though that was probably more to the fact he'd never met one before now and had only rumors to run with.

He was more than happy to see the food when Lucas returned. The worn, haggard expression on his face dropped to reveal an almost child-like enthusiasm. "Oh this...this is fantastic!" He fell to eating with gusto.

"Haha, thanks Sai. It's been a while since I cooked for anybody else. It's very helpful when you're a magic wielder when you're cooking and storing items. Being able to freeze the stuff for storage and cooking them in an instant with well-controlled fire. Say, speaking of sailing, how long have you been sailing? And speaking of time, how old are you? I like to personalize with my guests." Lucas says, a slight grin on his face, then continues to eat.

Rea couldn't help but feel at home as she looked at the group and began to socialize with them. She smiled with a big laugh as she smelt the food coming to them. Beef potatoes, and corn Rea was set she liked this Lucas guy. She looked at it and her jaw dropped as she snapped back to her senses."Wow Lucas this is amazing!! To have beef potatoes and corn all at once!! i only usually get one, and well most of my meals consist of deer, and well stolen food. But Sai as for your question earlier. We drea normally do stay in the woods, but I'm a different one. I'm somewhat of a rouge. I usually venture to different places, however I have never sailed before. And Lucas thankyou for such a wonderful meal. You two are most fun, as for the comment about you being a ravenous pirate when the weather is bad. don't get any ideas about taking advantage of a drow. I will fend for myself." she says as she looks at the forks and utensils as if they were tourtue devices. She sighed and grabbed her dagger and cut a large hunk of the beef and began to eat it. One could say despite the fact she was a woman she looked like a hardered warrior. She looked at them with a big grin, curious of thier stories.
"so Lucas spellcaster you are? hmm very intresting normally I dont get along with spell casters, well lets just say because I am female and a drow they belive they cant take advantage. Well part of it I had coming. Stealing runes and what not. " she said keeping the conversation energetic.

"I am a spellcaster of sorts, I suppose." Lucas says, having finished his meal. "It's nice to have some company, I usually stay at home, practicing magical arts and such. Watch." Lucas stands up and holds out his hand in a grabbing position, and a sword slowly materializes inside his hand. The blade gleamed as one moved their eyes across it, and Lucas swings it around a bit, which seemingly leaves rifts in the air, it looks so sharp. "I get a lot of practice being over a million years old. I think I'm that old, I never keep track..." Lucas remained silent for a moment, and stared into space, looking outside the window at the storm, the rain plit-plattering harder on the windows. It reminded him of a tragic day, the day his parents had died.

Rea looks to Lucas as he begins to speak and hearing him talk of his magical spellcasting. She nearly jumped onto the table grabbing her daggers as he materialzed a sword. She did however grab her curved dagger with her left hand in a defesive way. Once she realized he was just showing off his skill she relaxed and replaced her dagger in its sheath behind her back. "hmm those are some fancy moves ya got there. A million years old? I suppose you would be skilled in your art, I am glad I didn't steal anything from you. Oh and if you are wondering im Twenty a young drow really. Hmm nice home you have here, you are lucky. This is one of my deams. To have a house like this, hmm to bad huh? your all alone with no company. Must get lonely." she said as she noticed him starting to stare off outside through the glass of the window. Rea couldn't help but look at him with her grey eyes wondering what type of sorrow could have troubled him. And for so long he hasn't decided to move on. She shrugged the thought off as she ate again finishing her meal rather quick. After words she let out a sneeze realizing despite the inside was warm she was chilled from the rain and ignored it.

Sai grinned into his stew at the questions. "A few years, maybe a decade; after a while it doesn't matter. Siren's Song--my ship--has gotten me through the last five years. I'm afraid she doesn't have much left in her after this."

He leaned back and watched as Lucas performed some magic. "Interesting. Can you duel?" He had a sword at his waist which thus far had remained hidden. He hadn't taken off his jacket despite the request earlier.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Enclave

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus