Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Friend movement.

Cassadie (played anonymously)

I don't know if it is a feasible suggestion, but what about being able to drag and move people on your friends area around, to change their placement? Such as if a friend betrays your character, and they become an enemy? As far as I know, you have to unfriend them and refriend them, and that's rather tedious.
Sanne Moderator

Unfriending and refriending them is the correct way to do it. The reason why it's not easier to change the relationship between characters is because you need the other player's consent to do so.

Kim elaborated on this a while back:
Kim wrote:
This happens because we let people approve connections before they're displayed.

For example, if one of my characters was your friend and you suddenly decided to move it into the family column, I might be a little ticked that someone was claiming to be related to my character when I'd only approved them as a friend. 'S why there's no easy way to just drag from one to the other. Simplifying it would require a lesser level of control for the people on the other end, and I'd rather people be able to have more say over how their characters are used rather than less.

Kim might have come up with new ways to change this system in the meantime, but I don't believe it's a priority at this time.
Kim Site Admin

Sanne is correct, it's not a priority, what with the big renovations being done to groups this year. However, it's also not off my radar, either! It's on the big list of stuff that needs doing. I don't know whether it will take the form of drag and drop or something else, but it definitely needs to get a makeover.

There's a post about it in the development log that interested parties can add their vote to. :)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Friend movement.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus