Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Spawn of Mars

Enoch (played by Serverus)

He chuckled and apologized, after Florence had to tell him what she did a second time. He was out of it when he found her. His body was exhausted and his mind was in a state survival mode. A lot of their conversation in the beginning was part of them both trying to gain their sanity back.

While she spoke of how they could repair the fields, he was cleaning the can of beans with his finger tips, his eyes tiring now that his stomach was full. He even drank the juice from the beans (to get extra nourishment), unknowingly, listening and nodding on how they could turn this Cafetorium into a safe haven again. Finding a working water pump was their only hope. So when she mentioned that his eyes agreed. Without a clean water supply, staying here would be suicide and replanting could never work.

When she asked about his profession, his eyes opened again, glad that she found interest in him. “I was a marine on earth before joining the special unit here. My brother got me to enlist. I never thought I’d be a Seeker. But I did it for ten years, before the virus hit.” He explained. “We were called in as Peacekeepers. To help calm the civilian sectors. Then chaos broke out.” His eyes softened at the horror. “People started to eat each other.”

That was when he heard a familiar shrieking cry. He pulled his blaster from his chest holster. “Florence go in the shed and hide!”

He went to where he first heard the noise and the footsteps that out ran whatever was after it. Once he was in the stairwell of the Cafetorium, from a distance, he could see the bright green flesh flashing.

There were several of the mutations, but they moved slow. He seen the man easily out run them. He was clever and left the Faomer confused while he took an alternate route.

Enoch was left with two confused creatures. Before they noticed him he took a head shot with his blaster—slime sprayed the other. It looked at Enoch and before it could react he put it down with a single head shot. His laser pistol roasted the brain...sizzling slime and corpses.

While the man was peaking inside the Cafetorium, Enoch came behind him with his weapon drawn.

“How many of those things followed you here?” He lowered his pistol.
Florence Weaver (played by Hunny_stuff) Topic Starter

A marine from Earth. A virus. Cannibalism.

The more Florence listened to Enoch, the less she cared to know what truly happened.The world she once knew had come to an uneasy end, and she survived it by chance... She could hardly stand to think about it.

How many people died? How many survived? How could anyone possibly live in such a place like this?

When Enoch finished, there was god-awful howl that sent Florence scrambling to her feet. It was the same as the one she had heard from inside-- it was another monster.

"There were more?!" Florence gasped, stepping back a few paces.

She heard Enoch's instruction the head off to the shed.

She was reluctant for a moment, but she realized that Enoch was most likely able to handle his own, and do so efficiently, if she followed she might just become a distraction.

Hesitantly, she pulled herself away from the scene and bolted to the shed. She slipped inside and became immediately engulfed by darkness.

She hoped Enoch would return quickly and unharmed.
Tyron MacDennall (played by darkborn202)

Tyron nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard the man behind him speak. As he turned around, he saw the man lowering his pistol... So at least he wasn't going to kill him. By the pistol, at least. Lord, what happened to this place?

It then filtered into Tyron's mind that the man had asked a question: How many of those things followed you here? It took Tyron a few moments to remember the exact number. Finally he answered, "T-t-there was f-four, I think." He still paled at the though of those disgusting creatures. He'd come here for a paying job and a place to live. Not for zombies! Or whatever they were.

A question popped into his head. Or to be more accurate, many. It could all be summed up with one question, though. "W-who're you?" Tyron asked. The shock from meeting the man had faded, somewhat, but he didn't know who this man was- and what he was going to do.
Enoch (played by Serverus)

Four? He heard the man say. He had counted two, which meant he had to make another run around the halls to clear the situation at some point. Maybe the man was unsure, the way he studdered with his words. One could look like two and two could look like ten when you’re frightened; nothing was for certain. “Are you sure?”

“I’m Enoch. I only seen two following you. I took care of them.”

He opened the door of the Cafetorium, fully. He didn’t ask the man to follow, but if he wanted to survive he would come inside. Enoch found a few pieces of long steel to slide over the entrance door handles. This way there was no way inside from the outside. He just wanted to keep Florence safe and if there were two more of those mutants out there he did not want them coming in here. This was going to be their clean, green, sanctuary—until they found better.

He tossed the man a can of cherries.

“It’s safe.” He said to Florence.

He turned back to the man to study him; he seemed well equipped. But Enoch was not trying to waste energy having a conversation with him.

He picked up Florence’s unfinished beans and brought them back to her in the shed. She needed to eat and be strong. He gave her that look without having to say anything; but he really needed her to stomach the beans, not for taste or for appetite, but for energy.

“I’m tired.” He whispered to her. “But I won’t sleep until you feel comfortable with him.” He said about the man. “Go say hi. I’ll be right here.”

After he said his words, he stepped back into the darkness of the shed. Enoch was not much for hospitality, so he hoped that she could greet the man better; make him feel at home and what not. Albeit, Florence could feel his glass blue eyes, glowing in the dark, as they watched her. It was like she was his prize possession. At that moment, she might have felt like a Queen and he was her knight protector; like a lioness and he was her king. Either way, Enoch watched her and would die protecting her if he had to. It did not matter if the threat was man, mutant or beast, he would be there to protect her. She had given him hope and that was something he did not have; even before the virus came.
Florence Weaver (played by Hunny_stuff) Topic Starter

When Enoch returned, walking into the shed and voicing his safety, Florence could feel herself breathe a little easier.

She would hate to lose a new found companion, especially to those monsters. When Enoch approached, he placed her unfinished can of beans in her hand with a stern gaze. She frowned softly, but took it anyways-- she assumed he wanted her to finish.

She wasn't sure that she could, her stomach didn't feel up to par for the task and she didn't want to risk overeating and vomiting. She would try to finish little by little, but for now she would wait.

When he muttered his weariness to her, he said something that caught her attention. There was another person he had brought back. Other people were alive!

She looked at Enoch and was happy to have met him in such a time, she was sure she would have been a mutant snack by now without him.

With that, she left the shed to greet the new guy.

When she got outside she could see the man standing out there, the tin of cherries gripped in his hand. She gave a slight smile, though she wasn't sure what to expect from the man.

"Monsters aren't what you might expect when you wake up... those things are nightmares aren't they?" She asked, crossing her arms and taking a seat on the ground once again.

She held her can in her lap and looked up at the man expectantly, "I'm Florence Weaver. Who are you?"
Tyron MacDennall (played by darkborn202)

Upon hearing Enoch's question, Tyron reviewed his memory. Yes, he was certain there was four... Or was it five? Either way, Tyron lost the slow monstrosities in the corridors. He responded, "Y-yes, I'm certain there was f-four. I-I t-think I lost the o-other two." When Enoch gave his name, Tyron opened his mouth to reply- that was apparently polite- but the soldier moved away, leaving him with the girl.

Wait, there was someone else?

Tyron blinked in a mixture of confusion and relief. He wasn't the only non-soldier here... He hoped. When Florence introduced herself, Tyron couldn't help but faintly grin humorlessly at her statement. "No, I was expecting a routine day... Not something the Stephen King wrote." Oh, how he loved that classical author- when he had the guts to read his books. Tyron then said, "Nice to meet you, Florence." That was also polite, apparently. "My name is Tyron MacDennall."

How come the three of them were the only ones to survive, or were there any others? What about the AIs? What about communication? What were those thi-[i/] Tyron stopped his worrying, lest he'd get a migrane, and render himself nonfunctional.
William Dent (played anonymously)

On another side of Mars about 60 miles east of the civilian sectors, a group of drippers patroled the arid surface, violently, looking and searching for food. They dripped toxic chemicals that often created eggs along the desert. This is why they outnumbered man 10-1.

Intelligently, they moved together, knowing that their strength was in numbers. Unlike the Foamers and Crawlers who needed oxygen to survive, the Drippers could breath carbon dioxide, argon, nitrogen and even oxygen. They had adapted from spores that came from the underground ice in the Utopia Planitia region of Mars.

aTrXqEh.jpg

Cowboy was hovering slowly, about 100 meters above them. His ship The Death Kisser was in stealth mode. He decided to drop a rat from a transport conduit. It hit the ground squeaking, it’s eyes exploding from the carbon dioxide intake. A dripper seen this and hustled away from the group to snatch the rodent up and eat it. This had separated it from the pack. Will took the shot from his firing control module and the dripper callapsed to roast in flames.

Will waited for the deadly mists to explode. It did and the mushroom spores had no flesh to leech onto. The mushrooms rotted quickly. Will was patient, letting the mist be gone completely, then he used a control to bring a sharp iron tool, that extended downward, used to cut the corpse open.

“Jack pot.” He grinned.

Next he brought down a electric metallic tubing that sucked the yellow fluid from the dripper; such was used as the ships petroleum.

That was when he felt Elixir go off on his communication sensor. It had been so long since he found a survivor from his old unit.

“Holy crap!” He hurried and drained the corpse clean.

The tubing folding back into the ship and the flaps closed.

“Enoch? Enoch is that you ol’ buddy?”

He went from speaker to a holographic imagery, where he could now see Enoch and all who he was around; Enoch could also see him.

“Cowboy?” Enoch said.

“Haha! Yeah, kid it’s me. Man you haven’t aged in ten years. You look good for forty.”

“Ten years?”
Enoch said.

“We got a lot of catching up to do man. Crazy shit has happened in the last decade. Shit that you would never believe.”

Will took the ship off stealth mode and elevated higher, in hopes of heading to the old civilian sectors, now ruins...

fKa2s8A.jpg

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Spawn of Mars

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus