Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Out Of The Ordinary - Titanfall 2 Roleplay

Sam Westen (played by MilitiaPilot)

"Well, if this is actually a ship, first thing we need to do is get to the bridge. That's where Hafner will be-"
A voice came over the two's radio, "Hello? Hello? This is Sarah Briggs, Commander of the Marauder Corps. I'm reading two Militia pilots. Hello?" The message was crackled with static, but was understandable.
Sam nodded to Arcadia like I'll take this. "Hello? This is Sam Westen, Militia pilot. We were on a mission when ambushed by IMC. Over."
Over the radio, Sarah said, "Don't worry. We'll bring in reinforcements. Me and the Marauder Corps fleet are close to you, that's I picked up your guys' signal. What mission are you on? Over."
Sam said, "Operation Hunting Prowler. The research facility L7 is actually a spaceship in disguise."
"What?"
"We will continue the mission. Once we need backup, we will call you in for help."
"Okay, okay. We'll stay close. Be careful out there. Over and out."
Sam looked to Arcadia. They had been walking while he was talking, and they had arrived at a door, that said over it "CARGO BAY". Next to the door was a map. It showed that if they went through the cargo bay and a couple of hangars, they would reach the bridge. "Ladies first," he said.
Arcadia Am (played by Indi_Undi) Topic Starter

Arcadia made a quiet ’tch’ sound as a way to lightly laugh. She opened the Cargo Bay door and walked in first, once more her gun raised.

Inside was titans. They were hung up on the wall, being repaired for the next fight. When a Marvin spotted them, it's eyes went read and shouted, "INTRUDER! INTRUDER!" The enemy pilots had already gotten into their titans.
Sam looked at Arcadia and said, "Here we go." With this, he hopped onto an enemy Tone. He pulled out the battery of the Tone, then hopped onto an enemy Ion. They tried to punch him and shoot him, but he was too fast. He made sure to use his holograph to confuse the enemy even more. But he knew they would not last long like this. So when one pilot got sick of missing with his titan, he opened his titan's cockpit, and grabbed his gun to shoot at Sam from his seat. That was his mistake. When the cockpit door opened, Sam immediately jumped at the pilot, threw him out of the cockpit, and manually shut the cockpit after he got in. Now of course, this titan would not respond to Sam, so he found a panel in the cockpit, and quickly tore it off. With his knowledge of machines and the fact that he was a mechanic, he tugged at wires, toggled switches, and pressed buttons. Before you know it, that Monarch titan went berserk. It responded to no one. Not Sam, not the IMC. As long as it saw you, it attacked you. Sam just sat in the cockpit seat, watching the Monarch titan attack the enemy. The Monarch was more worried about the titans and pilots on the outside attacking him, rather than the Militia pilot sitting inside him, watching the chaos.

Meanwhile, Arcadia used her Charge Rifle to attack the titans from afar. But she soon became unsatisfied with her way of attack and flung herself into the action. Rodeoing titans, taking a battery, throwing arc grenades. All a repetitive process but effective nonetheless.

It was at this point that Sam decided they did enough damage. Sure, not all of the titans were down, but they were all doomed, making them reconsider attacking. He also managed to pile a bunch of titans on each other, trapping the pilots underneath. Sam ripped open the control panel again and tugged some more wires and switches. The Monarch's cockpit door opened, and it powered down. Sam looked at Arcadia from the cockpit, he had his helmet open (not off, but open. Like that thing Captain Lastimosa did in the campaign before he died), and he was smiling like crazy. "Well that was fun," he said. He jumped from the powered off Monarch titan, and made his way to the door. With some more corridor traveling, they finally got to the bridge doors. Sam hacked the door open. "Here we go," he opened them. Inside was a strange scene.

Hafner was Standing up on a platform, watching out the windows. The bridge was huge, with lots of computers and platforms. Around Hafner though, IMC grunts were shooting IMC grunts. When it finally ended, a group of grunts, perhaps a dozen, and half a dozen officers, were standing around Hafner. Hafner finally turned around. "Welcome pilots." He didn't seem surprised about Sam.
Sam stepped forward and shouted across the room, "What's going on, Hafner?" Hafner only smiled.
"You wouldn't understand. You see, we are fighting a common enemy," he said.
"I'm fighting you."
"No. I am part of an extremist group. I work with the partisans. We fight for the same cause, freedom on the Frontier!"
Sam only laughed, "I guess people do get more insane as they get older. You and I are very different. You kill innocent people for your cause, and you torture prisoners!"
Hafner raised a P2016 pistol. "Put your gun down."
Sam did as he was told, but as he was standing up, he pulled his own pistol, the RE-45 Auto, and shot off a magazine of bullets. He ran behind cover, and called over on his radio, "This is Sam Westen! We need backup! We need backup!" Almost immediately after, a fleet of ships filled the bridge's windows. Heavy fired rained down on them, but it was light, just to weaken the ships. Several things like meteors launched from the ships, and Sam knew they were titans. They would land on the ship, find some sort of titan air lock entrance, and help out. As they fought in the bridge though, Sam knew it wasn't going to end well. The opposing side had more people, and they were being flanked.

(You good?)

(Oh sorry for taking awhile)

Arcadia watched the scene play out from behind. She kept far behind Sam and made sure not too much of her was seen. Blindly, she threw her pulse blade towards the area of Hafner and once getting a good look on his position Arcadia aimed towards the man.

(It's okay.)

Meanwhile, the ship shook violently, throwing enemy soldiers into the wall. That's when the gravity went out. Over the ship PA, a robotic female voice said, "Alert. Alert. Ship's life support system is about to fail. ETA: Five minutes. Evacuate. Get to the lifeboats immediately." The message repeated.
Sam cursed, "Oh, screw this!" He threw a regular smoke grenade in the center of the No Man's Land. It provided cover for Sam and Arcadia. "Hey, Arc! We gotta move before this place goes kaboom!" He ran forward, took Arcadia's hand, and pulled her out of the bridge. They ran along, ignoring the enemy grunts. The grunts ignored them too. When they finally got to the lifeboats, Sam went in his lifeboat. The lifeboats were all set for leaving at the same time, since if they left at different times, they would be a space vacuum. Finally, the lifeboats left. Hafner nor the partisans made it to the lifeboats.
But as they were soaring through space, something stopped them. The lifeboat jets turned off. A short distance away was the battle. The Marauder Corps had boarded the Facility/Spaceship L7. That's when something looking like a drop ship appeared in front of Sam's and Arcadia's lifeboats. It was a fighter ship. A loud magnified voice said to the lifeboats, "This fight isn't over. You're going to die." It was a German accent. It was Hafner. Suddenly, the lifeboat doors popped open, and Sam and Arcadia were sucked out of the lifeboats. They were now floating in front of the space ship. "I managed to make my way to this specialized fighter ship. I've been working on it for awhile."
Sam and Arcadia were only breathing because of their hard suits. They weren't designed for being in space, but they'd survive a few minutes with their oxygen tanks. That's when two barrels in front of the ship began to glow...they were charging up. "Say goodbye," Hafner said, "This will be the last thing you ever see." Sam closed his eyes. They was a huge crash. That's not right, he though, Shooting laser beams shouldn't make a crashing sound. But when he opened his eyes, sure enough, he wasn't dead. And on the fighter ship was VB-0821. He had disrupted the ship's charging up of weapons, and had opened up the canopy. Hafner flew out of the ship. VB's male robotic voice said, "So much for that guy." VB allowed Sam to embark. APZ-1640 had also shown up, and allowed Arcadia to embark. Together they had gone to a Marauder Corps ship.

Once they were in the ship, Sarah Briggs met them. "Pilots, pleasure to finally meet you. I'm glad you finished the mission. The facility is no more, and we have teams in the ship that are extracting information." Sarah put her hand to her ear. She nodded. "Okay, I will." She looked back up at the pilots, "Looks like it's not over yet. They have more IMC ships coming in. Can you guys board their ships?"

Arcadia nodded to herself in her titan, “Of course we can, right Sam?” She asked the man, “but, with or without our titans cap’?”

commander*

"With your titans."

A few minutes later, they were launched from the ship onto an enemy IMC ship. They were on the largest ship, right in the center of the fleet. They find a titan air lock and entered. Sam used his laser shot to take down some grunts. He also took some titans down. Once they had reached the bridge, Sam opened his cockpit door. "We need to blow this ship up, it should spread a chain reaction to the other ships. But we need to move the Marauder Corps' fleet out of here, because the explosion is big enough to destroy the fleet if it's close enough." He jumped out of his titan and onto a platform and went to a console. After some clicks, he announced, "Looks like the core is heavily guarded, and has really strong walls. We can get there. There's no way to use a console here to overheat it either. Our data knives are advanced enough to do that. Our best bet would be to place a bunch of satchel charges here." So, together, the two placed satchel charges. Then they ran back out on got on the top of the ship. That's when Sam noticed that the detonator didn't show it was connected to the charges. "What, why won't this work? We'll have to detonate it manually."
VB then said, "No pilot. It would take too long, and by then our fleet would be destroyed." Sure enough, it looked like we were losing. They were counting on this team to blow this ship up and start a chain reaction.
"Well, what if we use laser core on it?"
"Pilot, I have scanned every way to make this ship explode, and I have only detected one where we end up winning."
"How?" Sam asked.
VB looked at APZ, as if he were sending messages to the other titan with all their technology. APZ then launched off toward the command ship. "VB, what's going on?"
"It was a honor serving with you, pilot."
"VB?"
"Goodbye." VB-0821 had begun to glow, and Sam was ejected from VB into space, hurtling toward the direction of the fleet. It appears that VB had also sent some messages to the Marauder Corps fleet, because they were turning around, about to warp away. The command ship they were hurtling towards had their port side (left side) facing them, and on that side a door had opened. They must have drained the air out of the room before opening the door, because there was no big space vacuum. APZ had managed to land there. And Sam had managed to sort of crash-land. The doors closed, oxygen was put back into the room, and they warped away. Before they warped though, there was a loud explosion sound. VB had nuclear ejected to blow the ship up.
As they headed back to the planet where Sam and Arcadia's commanding officer was at for debrief, Sam went to one of the living quarters. He talked to no one.

(By the way, I have my own Titanfall roleplay set up. I have a few people who might join in a roleplay.)

It was practically the same situation for Arcadia. Except, it was the classic ‘fake face’ cliche that Arcadia put up. Obviously, she needed to talk to others as a way to slowly block out what she was feeling. She also stayed away from any contact of grunts, she didn’t want to be another topic that they would dwell on. And honestly she was brutally hurt. It never went through her mind that she would loose a loved one, yes ZAP and Arcadia May or may not have been in an unhealthy and strong relationship. The girl had never expirencd such a brutal loss but attempted to move on from it like her last one.
Eventually, Arcadia exited her living quarters and conversed with other pilots. After awhile longer she headed towards the simulation pods to hopefully clear her mind. But, came back the same, or maybe even worse. Arcadia then took it upon herself to hopefully release what she was feeling to Sam, they did go through the same situation and we’re both hurt. She went back to the living quarters and searched for him.

(Cool, I’ll make sure to check it out.)

Sam wasn't in his living quarters. He was in the area where they repaired, stored, and dropped titans. He was working on other pilot's titans. Because of how great a mechanic he was, he managed to fix a few issues. He was also waiting there to meet his new titan, which he would see after their debrief.

The young woman headed to the Titan Hanger, basically where titans were repaired, stored, and dropped. Once spotting Sam she greeted him, “Hi, Westen, how are you doing?”

Sam looked up. He was on top of a Legion titan. He didn't have his helmet on, and he was out of his hardsuit and in some normal clothes. He had an army fatigue jacket on and jeans. He was fully covered in soot and grease from working on the titan. "Hey Am. What's up?" Sam looked much better, as if he finally gotten over the death of VB.

“I was wondering if you’d let me rant to you? I just need to talk to someone, you don’t have to listen,” Arcadia asked while pulling up the sleeves to her bomber jacket. She also averted her gaze to look at all the other titans.

"Yeah, it's fine. You wanna come up here, or I come down there, or we go somewhere else...?"

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Out Of The Ordinary - Titanfall 2 Roleplay

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus