Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Out Of The Ordinary - Titanfall 2 Roleplay

Arcadia Am (played by Indi_Undi)

(Ask and you might receive! I’ll simply post a starter for the roleplay and hope it can get somewhere from there. Please, ask before you join in and have a profile for your Titanfall 2 character ready so I can look over it)

It was supposed to be simple. Rendezvous with the four squads: Alpha, Zulu, Yankee, and Whiskey in the forest nearby the IMC Facility L7. It was supposed to only take around two days to fully complete the mission of infaltrating the IMC base. Instead, it resulted in losing all three of the other squads and being stranded with only one other Militia member.

There were two Militia Pilots. You, and the female Militia Pilot known as Arcadia Am. Commonly referred to as ‘The Ark Weapon’ because of her history with the IMC, her name, and her known record of how skilled she is on the battlefield. You had chosen to keep watch for half an hour or so throughout the night. The two of you decided on taking turns sleeping and keeping watch.
Alex Frost (played by MilitiaPilot)

I am interested in this roleplay. Reply to this, and I'll know you still play on this site, and I'll make a character and everything.
Arcadia Am (played by Indi_Undi) Topic Starter

Alright, let me know when you have a character set up!
Sam Westen (played by MilitiaPilot)

Done. It was really quickly done, so alert me to any errors or typos. Sam Westen is the character.

Great, there aren’t any errors so i’ll start us off.

Around twenty five minutes into lookout time Arcadia turned to face Sam. With only a little bit of sleep she was somehow wide awake and ready to move, “If you want we can switch now.” She suggested as she sat up and stretched her wrists.

(Also, ca you maybe explai to me what the dice roll thing is? I don’t quite understand the ‘Include a dice roll with this post’. Like what does it do?)

(can* explain* man these typos.)

Sam yawned and sat up. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and put his helmet on. "Yeah, I'll take watch. Get some sleep."

(The dice roll is if you're doing one of those Dungeons and Dragons roleplays, where you need to a roll a dice, and if you roll above 15, you kill the monster or something. Also, are our titans with us currently?)

(Yep, our titans are with us. Also thanks)

Arcadia nodded and layed back down, almost instantly falling asleep. Meanwhile, her Ronin titan, APZ-1640 or ZAP, stayed somewhat away from the two pilots as he watched what was further in the forest. Then after two hours in was there noise in the background. Twigs and dry leaves were crunching under footsteps of a group of soldiers nearby.

In those two hours, Sam had buried the rest of the soldiers who had died. He placed a rock on each of them until they were completely covered. When he had heard the twigs snapping, he knew he couldn't get to Arcadia in time, so he scrambled up the nearest tree. His titan, VB-0821, was half buried under dirt. When they were ambushed, VB got her systems fried. Sam was hoping he could fix them.
In seconds, IMC grunts and spectres had surrounded Arcadia. They yelled at her to put her hands up. Up in the trees, Sam was flashing a small red laser. He hoped Arcadia would look up at him, and he hoped she knew Morse code. The message said:
PLAY ALONG

Arcadia faintly averted her eye away from the IMC officers and towards the red light. She carefully nodded to herself and rolled on to her back and sat up. Slowly, she put her hands up and played along.

As the grunts and spectres led her away, Sam looked at his titan VB. He quickly dropped down, placed a battery in a slot, and hoped the repairs would be short. After that, he followed the group.
The IMC soldiers led Arcadia into the facility. Sam waited outside the facility, and tracked Arcadia's progress as she went inside. Finally, when she stopped moving, Sam infiltrated the facility through an air duct. He made his way to Arcadia's room, which was an interrogation room.
In the room, Arcadia was sitting in a chair. He hands were tied behind the back of the chair. The chair was bolted to the floor, but it was weakly bolted and, with enough strength, could be picked up. All of her weaponry was on a table in the corner. Her helmet was also there. She had two guards in the room. In a few seconds, a man entered. He appeared to be balding, and had a slightly tan complexion. He had a few wrinkles, and harsh brown eyes. He wore a zipped up jacket and pants. "Welcome to Facility L7. I have a few questions for you," he said, his voice was gruff, and had a German accent. "I'm sure you know that all of your friends are dead. Killed by my men. But, you were found in the forest alone, sleeping. No one would just be sleeping by themselves with no cover. Someone was keeping watch. Who else survived the attack?"
Up in the vent, Sam watched the interrogation. His helmet provided a faint glow of blue light, allowing him to navigate the vent. The light was visible from in the room. The vent was too strong for him to break, but the air duct around the vent was not as well protected...

“No one else survived, sir, I passed out from exhaustion,” Arcadia answered. In her peripheral vision she could see the faith blue light from Sam and made sure not too look towards it. Instead, she kept eye contact with the man.

"I know you're a smart woman. I know you'll do the right thing. You can be set free if you-" The ceiling suddenly broke open. Sam fell down onto an enemy grunt and slammed the grunt's head into the ground. He tried to snap the interrogator's neck, but the man turned around and spin kicked Sam. He rushed out of the room. While Sam was on the ground, trying to get back to his senses, the second grunt had come out of shock and was about to attack. (I left that grunt for you to take down. Remember, while the chair is bolted down, it bolts are weak enough to be pulled out of the ground with enough strength.)

Desperately, Arcadia pulled the chair, the bolts flung out, and with precision she swung the chair towards the second grunt. With the same amount of effort and at the same time she attempted to remove her hands.

Sam managed to pull himself up. He was still a little dizzy, but his helmet protected him. "Grab your gear, we need to get going." At this point, alarms were going off. Once they had both left the room and were in a closet, Sam asked, "What do we do now? The other squads were wiped out. Should we signal the Militia for evacuees, or do we complete the mission?"

Arcadia was in thought for a moment, then answered, “We finish the mission. It’ll be risky but once we get the information we need then we can call an evac.” She listened for any sign beyond the closet that could be taken as a short time to run.

"Okay. I managed to identify your interrogator, by the way. He's Benjamin Hafner. This facility isn't just a forward operating base. It's secretly a research facility. They're looking into ways to turn this planet's wildlife into their own soldiers. They also mass produce resources from this planet for the IMC. I think that if we can take Hafner down, call in reinforcements and evac, we can make this facility surrender."

“Alright, let’s go,” Arcadia said. Once the noise of soldiers outside the closet died down a bit she opened the door. Her Spitfire LMG raised. She immediately took down any IMC soldiers that were outside and the two moved on

When they came to a corner, Sam held up hit fist, signaling for a stop. He sent one of his holographs forward, and immediately it was cut down by fire. Sam went up to the corner, grabbed a Gravity Star, and blind tossed it around the corner. Once it activated, he immediately gunned down the grunts with his Flatline, then ran up to the spectres, pulled out his data knife, and hacked then. Once they appeared friendly on both Sam's and Arcadia's HUD, they continued on, the spectres following.
It was at this point that the whole facility rumbled. Over the PA came Hafner's voice, "This is Benjamin Hafner, lead scientist of Facility L7, codename Trojan Horse. Our facility is now entering flight mode. Please hold on until we leave the planet's orbit, and then you may continue your search for the Militia pilots. Thank you."
Sam looked at her confused, "Flight mode?" He ran over to the window to find out that they were rising. A big section of the facility had separated from the exterior part. The part that had been disguised as a spaceship was the part with all of the research gear. The part that was left on the planet was the simple security measures and walls.

(While, yes, you did not technically say I could turn this Facility into a spaceship, which actually would work, I have a cool sort of roleplay plan.)

“I didn’t think the mission would be this insane,” Arcadia commented as she two looked out the window. But, moved on.

(Oh, that’s fine. If anything I’m glad you put an unexpected turn and actually have a plan for this roleplay. I myself barely have any ideas and I regularly follow instead of lead.)

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Out Of The Ordinary - Titanfall 2 Roleplay

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus