Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » high school of the Unique (IC)

Charlie let out a small sigh as he walked to his locker, opening the neatly arranged locker and digging around for a book to read, or at least some paper and a pencil, just in case inspiration came to him for a new poem. "Aha!..." He whispered to himself, grabbing a book, notebook, and some pencils, stuffing them into a satchel. He slung it over his shoulder and began to head for the roof. He enjoyed going to the roof, as it usually didn't have many people there and it was quiet, apart from sometimes a few birds or the occasional loner.
Antero Perez (played by CoyBoat275)

He stopped as Avery said, with the juggling balls midair, each falling down and hitting his head, "Ow. Come on, that is a classic trick." He removed his mask and thought for a moment, "Hmm, it is a bit overplayed. How about this?" He reached down and grabbed a ball, slipping his hand in his pocket for a moment, "Maybe we just need to heat things up?" He said as he pulled his hand out and snapped his finger. A bright spark came from them and ignited the ball on fire. He did the same with the other three and started to juggle again for her.
As Charlie reached the roof, he gasped and took a step back in surprise, not expecting other people up on the roof. He watched as Antero juggled the flaming balls, "H-how the-" He stammered, even more taken aback. He scratched his head and looked for someplace to be out of sight, hoping nether of the other students saw him.

He looked behind him and saw Charlie walk on the roof. Antero smiled, "Welcome! You're just in time for the show. Me making this sad child smile for once in her life!" He joked, "Of course I am sure she had a smile before, I just never had made her smile. As it is my duty, I must-" He was cut off as he tripped over his shoelaces once again, "Ahh!" He fell flat on his face once again, "Why does this happen to me?" He said as the balls fell on his head again, making a little fire on his hair.
Charlie froze up as he called him out, looking back at Antero. He covered his mouth as Antero was tripped, letring out a small chuckle. He stopped as he noticed his hair, walking over to him. "O-oh jeez!" He exclaimed, using his sleeve to put out the fire. " R-really, you need to be c-careful with fire!... "

He jumped up and bowed, "Thank you dearly, my friend. If it wasn't for your heroic actions today, I could have been barbequed today." He said, making the situation much more dramatic then it needed to be. He looked over to Avery, not even a smirk, "This is what I have to work with here. Someone who just seems to not like comedy." He sighed and smiled, "Well, what's your name? I'm Antero. The Jokester, the class clown. Just someone who makes others laugh." He said holding out his hand to Charlie.
Charlie tugged the paper bag over his head lower, wringing his hands, "W-well, um....y-you're welcome....a-and I'm C-Charlie...I....Umm...I don't exactly know what I am or d-do...besides exist...." He looked at Antero's hand, holding his out reluctantly. "S-so, why are you on the r-roof a-anyways?" He cocked his head to the side, looking at him with what seemed to be shy curiosity .

"Nice to meet you, Charlie and the reason why I am up here is to make that person there laugh." He said pointing to Avery, "I make it my job to make everyone laugh, like how you did. But she is not being very nice right now." He said chuckling, "But I'll get to her soon. Just a matter of time."
Charlie looked over at Avery, then back at Antero. "Are you s-sure you'll be able to d-do that? She doesn't....she doesn't seem like one t-to laugh...." He scratched the back of his neck, "O-or...or maybe she just doesn't want to r-right now? I don't know....I....I guess you can try?"
Avery Fuller (played by Galaxy-Dragon) Topic Starter

Avery stood, "all of you are stupid..." She hissed. She walked past the two boys and she looked over her shoulder before she left, " also, I'm not lonely.. "
Charlie looked at her, wringing his hands even more. "H-hey! I...I'm not supid!...." He recoiled at himself from the sudden raise of his voice. He looked down " S-sorry... "

He put his hand on Charlie's shoulder, "Hey, don't worry about what she says." He said smiling softly, "You want to know why I am trying my hardest to make her smile? Why I put myself through the pain of people making fun of me? Trust me. It isn't a nice story, and it isn't pretty." He said looking Charlie right in the eye.
He flinched slightly at his touch, "W-well, i-if it doesn't hurt to t-tell, I guess so..." He looked back up at Antero, sitting himself down on the roof's edge wall. "I-I promise I won't make f-fun, so you won't have to worry a-about that..."

"Alright. Let us begin from the beginning. As I was a child, I had loved making jokes, pranks, and even comedy. It made me filled with joy seeing others happy, and to make people who didn't have much laughter in their life that much better." He pulled out a small torch and snapped his fingers close to it, lighting it up, as if by magic, "Soon I learned about slight of hand, or better known as magic." He said smiling, "My parent's however, didn't like this. They said I was playing with dark magic that I had no control over. But it wasn't like that." He covered the fire once and changed it from the yellow and orange to a dark black and blue, "Soon, my comedy wasn't making people laugh anymore. I had to do something else. That is when it hit me. Quite literally. I was doing one of my jokes when I got hurt. The laughter though, what people said. It was mean, but I could hear them laughing. It even made the grumpy old men laugh a little. Soon throughout the years, I did this. Letting other's make fun of me, and letting them hurt me." He sighed and covered the flame once more, making it a low blue glow, "As long as they were laughing." He stopped and blew out the flame, "It isn't the best story, but it where I came from." He leaned against the wall and looked at Charlie, "So. What did you think?"
Charlie furrowed his eyes and frowned, "Why....why would you h-hurt yourself for e-entertainment? T-that's terrible! I-I mean....I mean, yea, people will laugh, b-but not with you, but at you! A-and, what if y-you hurt yourselr r-real bad?" He looked slightly concerned for him.

"Trust me. I had already." He said showing a huge bruise on his forehead, "Some dumb kid thought it would be funny to throw a rock at me. It knocked me down cold. That crowd was silent. While I was laying there, I could hear a little kid crying, asking his mother if I was dead. I woke up from that just for him. I whipped the blood away and made that piece of bloody cloth into a dove. The smile on that kid's face." He shook his head and smiled, looking down, "I let them make fun of me, to show the people who truly laugh with me to show that I don't worry about what others think. I will just get back up and make them laugh more."
Charlie's frown faded, but he still looked unconvinced. "Erm....i-if you say so? I-I still don't think it's a g-good idea to continue...." He rubbed his arm, looking away slightly. "But....if you wanna keep doing it....I guess t-that's your choice..."

"Most don't like why I do this. But they were never me." He pointed out smiling, "So, what is your story Charlie? What drives you?"
Charlie froze up again, stammering. "U-uhh, what drives me? W-what drives me to d-do what? What d-do you mean, 'drives me'?" He seems perplexed and a bit taken aback, as he is not usually asked questions like that.

"You know. What brings you to arms, what makes you fight to see the next day," He posed heroicly, "What it be fighting the evil of the world, finding your one true love, or striving to be the best you can be." He pointed at Charlie, "What drives you, to be alive?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » high school of the Unique (IC)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus