Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » I'm New Here

Well, I find myself here because I was cut short on the inspiration. So far I've found the formatting for each character to be helpful, It's been a while since I was able to work in an organized fashion.

But anyway, I'm Alec. I doubt I'll be active community-wise, but just in case I am I guessed I should post here just in case. I have a bad habit of not talking for months on end and then suddenly reappearing in a community, I'm only really consistent with roleplay partners and writing for myself.

I'm artistically inclined, but as of late all I've wanted to do is write. So that's what I've been doing, and failing at.

I'm a rabbit person, I love my rabbits, if I could afford to have more than three.. I really would. I've owned, raised, bred rabbits (mostly Netherland Dwarfs) for around fifteen years now, I've rehabilitated disowned rabbits for around six years now. I know nearly everything there is to know; from medications and illnesses, to color genetics and general rabbit language and breeds. I'm a rabbit guru to the very end. Aside from rabbits, I have a flame-point shorthaired colorpoint cat named Arpeggio.

I've been roleplaying for many years now, I started back in 2003 or something like that but I never got serious about it until around 2005 or so. I usually do original fantasy, fantasyish, nature stuff/feral animals.. I'm hard classify myself because I never tried, I'm real rusty because I haven't really written for over six months now. Maybe?

I tend to play male characters, it's a funk I've never been able to break. I have no more to really say, my grammar is bust right now.
Well welcome to RPR! I love our profile management system too! It's easy to organize and keep things together, and wonderful to edit. :) Glad I'm not the only lover of it! I used to breed rabbits too! We had Siamese Rabbits when I was in high school and had a few breeding pairs. Do you do any rabbit shows?

Also Thomas is awesome!
casting-crowns Topic Starter

Rubix wrote:
Well welcome to RPR! I love our profile management system too! It's easy to organize and keep things together, and wonderful to edit. :) Glad I'm not the only lover of it! I used to breed rabbits too! We had Siamese Rabbits when I was in high school and had a few breeding pairs. Do you do any rabbit shows?

Also Thomas is awesome!

Thanks for welcoming me, I was starting to feel lonely out on this big site.
But it really is easy, the profile templates available to non-paying members are nice.

I had a breeding pair of Californian Rabbits, who have that Siamese/Himalayan marking. I loved watching their markings come in as they grew up. I use to do rabbit shows, but I no longer attend them. My stock is getting old, so they're retired. I'll probably start with new stock when/if I get the chance to later on in life.

Thank you.
TheLily

Wow, Thomas' profile is really well laid out. You're good at that and I'm a bit jealous. Welcome :D

TheLily wrote:
Wow, Thomas' profile is really well laid out. You're good at that and I'm a bit jealous. Welcome :D

Thank you, honestly I fiddled with it for quite a bit. I mean hours...
I was thrown off by the fact, while this is BBCode, that this site doesn't have the Blockquote code for formatting. I'm using the indent tag instead, it suffices I think.

I've done huge profile layouts all my life.. I don't recommend it.
You get stuck with wanting to detail everything.

But thanks for the welcome, even though this place is widely used by furcadians the community seems small.
Welcome, welcome, welcome!!! This website has, by far, the nicest most interest community of any rp site I've had the pleasure of attending. I know it can seem small at first, but give it a little time. The more interactions you have with the forums, and especially if you begin looking through the different groups we have here, you'll start noticing more and more people.

I also really enjoy the fantasy-style settings of writing though I'm slowly making my way into more urban style fantasy as well. I hope to get the chance to roleplay with you in the future. =^.^=
TheLily

casting-crowns wrote:

But thanks for the welcome, even though this place is widely used by furcadians the community seems small.

A lot of the people on furcadia who use the website don't come onto the forums often. They're busy playing their characters on furcadia! I personally don't keep most of my furc characters on here, simply because I have too many and I don't get on too often. I don't have much time that I can go onto furc like I used to. Forum play works better for me because I can get up and walk away when I need to.

What sorts of characters do you play on furcadia?

Luulu wrote:
Welcome, welcome, welcome!!! This website has, by far, the nicest most interest community of any rp site I've had the pleasure of attending. I know it can seem small at first, but give it a little time. The more interactions you have with the forums, and especially if you begin looking through the different groups we have here, you'll start noticing more and more people.

I also really enjoy the fantasy-style settings of writing though I'm slowly making my way into more urban style fantasy as well. I hope to get the chance to roleplay with you in the future. =^.^=

Thanks for the welcome(s). Yeah, it seems pretty nice here. Very decent people, large array of characters, and some roleplaying going on. Aside from furcadia, I haven't really been apart of any other rp-related communities. So this is sorta a nice change of pace.

Maybe, I hope eventually I can get my courage up to roleplay with others.

TheLily wrote:
A lot of the people on furcadia who use the website don't come onto the forums often. They're busy playing their characters on furcadia! I personally don't keep most of my furc characters on here, simply because I have too many and I don't get on too often. I don't have much time that I can go onto furc like I used to. Forum play works better for me because I can get up and walk away when I need to.

What sorts of characters do you play on furcadia?

Actually, that's the same here about the furc rps. I usually sit around OOCly in Yellowstone and just chat because when people do have time.. I'm usually not in the mood, not many people are interested in roleplaying with stranger characters anyway due to the 'pack' structure in YS. I hang around with one pack (on a rabbit character) that I don't even know personally and they're fun.

I usually just play ferals. There's not much to go for with human characters, unless you're into TGT.. Which I'm really sorta not. For once feral is 'tamer' than human-based rp. Most of my cast consist of rabbits, domestic cats and a few others like deer, bears and more unknown breeds of dog (or they were unknown, now they're popular as heck). But most of my characters are originally developed as humans, but not much rp can result from that so I just assume make them animals instead.

My main is a rabbit, I'm really for more.. less common animals.
Hi there! Welcome to RPR! :) I'm glad to see that you're already making friends! Everyone here is pretty friendly and most are always up for rp, but if chatting is your thing, maybe you'll join us in the Just Talkin' thread sometime. It's the chat everyone usually gathers in on the Smalltalk forums.

Thomas' profile is gorgeous! I can see you really put a lot of work into it <3 Hope to see you around, feel free to ask away if you have any questions!

Loki wrote:
Hi there! Welcome to RPR! :) I'm glad to see that you're already making friends! Everyone here is pretty friendly and most are always up for rp, but if chatting is your thing, maybe you'll join us in the Just Talkin' thread sometime. It's the chat everyone usually gathers in on the Smalltalk forums.

Thomas' profile is gorgeous! I can see you really put a lot of work into it <3 Hope to see you around, feel free to ask away if you have any questions!

Hi Loki.
I've chatted it up a couple times in the chat, but I'm usually just an on-looker.

Thank you, there's still so much to finish and detail. It's certainly not even finished/final draft yet, I take forever with profiles. Alright, will do.
Hey Alec, welcome to the wonderous world of rpr! Everything here is super fun amd super easy to use, as far as the character manGement and building it is easy as well. Along with the noticifications for any active rps that you are in. I do hope youll stay with us, ad the main thingbis to enjoy this wonderous craft of rilping. Have fun and let your rps be fun and or enticing.

fallensiner wrote:
Hey Alec, welcome to the wonderous world of rpr! Everything here is super fun amd super easy to use, as far as the character manGement and building it is easy as well. Along with the noticifications for any active rps that you are in. I do hope youll stay with us, ad the main thingbis to enjoy this wonderous craft of rilping. Have fun and let your rps be fun and or enticing.

Thanks for the welcome.
I think I will stay, it's sometimes a bit quiet but due to the real lack of activity I'm not very distracted. I'm horrible at distracting myself. But nice meeting you, it was very nice for you to post to welcome me. I appreciate it.
Hello Alec! Welcome to RPR!

As you've already probably noticed, the people around here are quite wonderful. There's players from all walks of RP here, I'm sure you'll fit right in. I hope that you'll come to love it here as much as so many of us do. It's always nice to have talented writers present and from what I can see of your profile, you've got it.

Welcome!!
-Jinx
Kim Site Admin

Hello there! So sorry to be late to the party, I was recovering from some oral surgery and got very far behind on my communications.

For someone who is rarely active in communities, you've been wonderfully chatty. :)
casting-crowns wrote:
I think I will stay, it's sometimes a bit quiet but due to the real lack of activity I'm not very distracted. I'm horrible at distracting myself.

It's funny, lots of people think this, but we have roughly 500 people log in and chatter on the site every day. Many of them are using the private messages, or holed up in groups, so the public areas seem deceptively quiet. If you stick around, you will see them peak out of their hidey holes to look for new friends. :)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » I'm New Here

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus