Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Character Designs: Outfits, Fashion sense etc.

I just try to imagine what kind of clothing my character would have access to depending on where they live, how much money they have (or skill if they wanna make their own duds) or if they care about their appearance. One of my guys has his most FAVORITEST SHIRT EVER and he wears it often. Another just wears whatever's lying around and is clean. Mostly.
I don't draw (at least not well enough to share with folks) but I have a whole folder full of outfit ideas off of mmorpgs. You might laugh, but it seriously works very well for me. World of warcraft (despite the cartoony look), Aion online, Guild Wars, etc. I take parts of their outfit designs and mentally create my own. They have to come up with epic looking clothes or people won't want to play the game, and they need variety for the same reasons. :3 There is everything from chain, plate, cloth, leather.. helms, shields, weapons, accessories. And typically its all 3D so you can see all sides and angles with it. Just my two cents.

In case you're interested this site lets you view most of the items in 3D and Aion has epic gear. You play Daevas (basically lesser dieties) so everything is bad ass. The Elyos wear conservative style and the Asmodians have the cool slutty gear. Shows male/female versions of both. IE: This is all off one armor chest piece for cloth wearers.
iearmor.png

You can always play down the 'epicness' to better suit a character. Wowhead.com has one for WoW stuff in 3D.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Character Designs: Outfits, Fashion sense etc.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus