Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Unwind (OPEN)

Cielle Bleu (played by xUsagix)

((Ok so.. This is a roleplay about Neal Shusterman's book "Unwind". We're not roleplaying as Risa, Connor or Lev, we make up our own characters. If you've read the book then Hurray for you! :D.
If you haven't read it then heres a short summary:
Unwind is a 2007 science fiction novel by young adult literature author Neal Shusterman. It takes place in the United States, somewhere in the near future. After a civil war—known as the Second Civil War or the Heartland War—is fought over abortion, a compromise was reached, allowing parents to sign an order for their children between the ages of 13 and 18 years old to be unwound—taken to "harvest camps" and having their body parts harvested for later use. The reasoning was that, since 100% (actually 99.44% taking into account the appendix and "useless" organs) was required to be used, unwinds did not technically "die", because their individual body parts lived on. In addition to unwinding, parents who are unable to raise their children to age thirteen for retroactive abortion have the option to "stork" their child by leaving it on another family's porch. If they don't get caught, the "storked" baby then becomes the other family's responsibility.
FEEL FREE TO JOIN!))

A petite brunette teenage girl walked around the streets, kicking pebbles and throwing them in anger at cars and houses. She couldn't believe it! Her parents wanted their 15 year old daughter to get Unwounded! What kind of parents are they?! Cielle thought about all of this which made her more mad and frustrated. She couldn't be unwounded...She had her whole life to live still. Cielle would be going to Harvest Camp tomorrow at noon. It seemed all too soon. Some of her friends from school have been unwounded..Very close friends...But she didn't think she would be one of those people. Her parents betrayed her..she felt like she wasn't loved anymore by anyone. She had to get away..she couldn't be unwounded..She had to run away but how was she suppose to do that? They would catch her and she would get in more trouble.

Cielle had an idea...She would run away. She didn't know how but she just would. She quickly turned around and ran back home, her long brown hair slightly waving around with the wind. She opened the door to her home. No one home. Perfect. They wouldn't be suspectious on what she was about to do. She ran to her room and slammed the door shut. Then got out her school bag.. The only real bag she had in her room.. and went to her dresser. She grabbed as much clothes as she could and stuffed them in her bag. She didn't want to really pack right now. She just wanted to GO. She zipped the bag shut and ran back downstairs. She stopped in the kitchen and slowly walked over to the kitchen knives sitting on the counter. She gently grabbed one and looked at the blade carefully. What was she planning on doing with this weapon? She had a feeling in her gut that she needed it for some reason. She stuffed it in her belt and stretched her t-shirt down over it, hiding the blade. She then took the bag and slung it over her one shoulder and walked out of the house. She gently shut the door once she was outisde, not wanting to make a big scene. She then started walking away. To get away.";
Two Weeks Prior

Cody Wesson was coming home from school, his black messenger bag slung over one shoulder, looking fairly light except for the laptop and single two-inch binder tucked into it, when he heard the commotion. He turned to keep an eye on the house he passed, recognizing the address. His best friend, Anna, hadn't been to school in the last two days. Now, however, as he passed, he was certain that that was her voice yelling.

He dropped his messenger bag and sprinted to the front door. She sounded like she was in trouble! He pounded on the closed door, finding it locked. "Anna? Anna! Open up!"

The door opened alright, but not to let him in. Instead, two authority figures--police, agents, someone of that sort--came out, hauling a struggling Anna between them.

"No-no! Let me go! Cody!" She fought to free herself to no avail, the authority figures kept their grips firm as they hauled her to an unmarked vehicle. "Cody don't let them take me!" Anna yelled, her eyes wide with fear.

"Hey! Where do you think you're taking her?" he demanded, his voice breaking awkwardly. He hated being sixteen--not least because the adults around him refused to treat him like an adult. He was smart enough--why couldn't they see that?!

"It's none of your concern kid," stated one of the authority figures, "and if you know what's good for you, you'll stay out of it." They threw Anna into the rear seat, shut the door behind her--she clawed at the window, trying to get out to no avail--and Cody swallowed.

When the front doors were opened he could hear her screaming for him. The sound was enough to pierce his heart. "Wait! Stop!" He ran to the car and threw himself against it--or would have except that the car sped off. "Anna!" He yelled after the fleeing squad car. He turned when he heard the door to the house creak to see Anna's parents standing there looking somber.

"You'd best forget about her, Cody. She won't be coming back." It was those five words that stung. He inhaled sharply. "You didn't! You monsters! How could you? She was my best friend--your daughter!" But the door swung shut--leaving him in his tirade. He picked up his messenger bag with heavy hands, and with an even heavier heart resolved within himself the following promise. "I will find you, Anna. Just please, hold on."

The next day, he was absent from school. And the following two weeks he never showed up. Phone calls home went unanswered as he took to the streets--desperate to find some answers.
Cielle Bleu (played by xUsagix) Topic Starter

Cielle's bag still hung loosely on her shoulder as she jogged away from her house. She was going to get caught, she just knew it. She wasn't good at hiding. She ignored what her instincts were telling her and kept jogging.

She then saw a young man up ahead, he looked about her age. She wanted to get a closer look at him so she started walking, pretending to mind her own business as she passed him. He looked familiar... Wait, maybe he's that boy that's been missing from school for the past two weeks! What was his name..?

Cielle snapped her fingers quietly, trying to remember. Cody? Cody Wesson! That's his name!

"Aha!" Cielle said quietly to herself while walking a fair distance beside him. She took a few glances at him. Why was he out of school? He looked absolutely fine. Cielle shook her head. She had to remain focused. She was trying to run away.
Cody had taken to lying low, crashing where he could, and sleeping where he wouldn't get caught or found. At night he'd sneak into his foster parent's house and take food and a few blankets. The only problem now was figuring out where this harvest camp was located. He'd spent two weeks looking for it and he was getting antsy.

In his depressed state, he didn't really notice that he was being trailed. And then all at once, he stopped where he was. The messenger bag worn and faded and now stuffed with food instead of the minimal school supplies, fell to the ground with a thud. He heaved a forlorn sigh. Maybe he should return home, go back to school, and carry on. What was the point of trying this stupid, insane, crazy endeavor? He'd only get caught right?

"Anna..." the name fell from his lips as his surroundings blurred with unshed tears. He couldn't fail her, not yet. Not until he'd tried--he promised her after all. Even if she hadn't heard him. He passed his arm across his eyes, and then picked up the messenger bag again. He took a step, then another, and stopped again. Something was holding him back. But what?

He looked around and that was when he noticed there was someone else out. He blinked and thought she looked familiar. A classmate? What was her name...C--it started with a C. Cilla? No. That wasn't it. He frowned. What was she doing out here? And why did she look ready to run?

Cielle took a another step and stopped walking, not wanting to get to close to the boy. His eyes were red and puffy. He looked like he'd just been crying.

"C-Cody? Cody Wesson?" She asked hesitantly. What if that wasn't really his name? Boy, she would look like a complete idiot if it wasn't.

She noticed he was carrying a bag too, stuffed with food much like her own. She continued watching him.
When she said his name, his full name, he straightened a little and he shifted nervously. "Wh-what?" He saw now that she was just as prepared to leave as he was, and concern crossed his face. "Don't tell me..." he began and cut himself off abruptly. Why else would she run away from home?

Her name dawned on him at last. Bleu. C Bleu. He never was good at first names. "Bleu, right? I'm not running away--I'm looking for a friend. But..." he swallowed, "I'm not sure if I'm going to find her in time. She was taken away two weeks ago." Almost two and a half. "Please, you have to help me."

Cielle stared at him in shock. "... To harvest camp." She finished his sentence, "They took her away to harvest camp, didn't they?" She continued quietly.

Two people she knows are now going to harvest camp. Cody's friend and herself. She wanted to help him, but he would be going to the harvest camp to save his friend... And that harvest camp is her death trap. If they see her there then they'll take her in in no time. She would just be walking into that death trap. She wanted to help Cody find his friend, it must be even harder having a friend that's sentenced to be unwounded then being unwounded yourself.

"I.." She started off saying. What was she suppose to say? "I'm..." She couldn't tell him that she was suppose to be unwounded too. Her eyes began to get watery. Oh, thinking about the camp was getting her all worked up. She needed to stay strong.

"I want to help you but.... I cant" she said straight out.

((So does Cielle get taken away to harvest camp or does she go to save Anna with him? Sorry I can't remember and I don't want to screw things up. :/ I think it would be better if she got taken away so he had two reasons to go to the harvest camp. I don't know, we probably discussed this but I can't remember xD))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Unwind (OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus