Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Colour changing Pre-existing Templates?

Yuka

Is it possible? o: Like, I love the Arabesque template, but would love it in something closer to my characters colours. Can we edit this ourselves somehow, or?
Well, I might be able to find the CSS template in the source code for yah. Then you could see if an epic member would have time to make a custom colored one of it.

... Ahhh, wait, only epic members can use other epic members' templates, can't they?
Yuka Topic Starter

I have an epic membership xD
OH WELL IN THAT CASE. If I can find it, I'll send you the template if you wanna redo it yourself. If not, I can try to do something with it!
Kim Site Admin

Just found this thread!

I am working on a color-changing template for epic members who don't want to muck about with CSS, but it will be a fairly generic layout... The trouble with color-changing something like the arabesque templates is that they aren't just HEX values, they're images, so if someone wanted a different color it would need to automatically generate and save new images for every different person. And that's a whole kettle of fish. Not impossible, it would just be a big development sink when I'd rather put the development time into things that will benefit everyone like more features for groups. Maybe at some point down the line we'll find a way to set up all the current templates (or some) for automatic customization...

One thing I would like to do is make some CSS tutorial videos for those who need an introduction, a refresher, or just can't get their brain around the RPR's sometimes idiosyncratic box model. I think seeing me make a template before your eyes will make it feel much more accessible.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Colour changing Pre-existing Templates?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus