Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Cold Winter of Klulu (1x1 with Olthain)

Lynn (played by beefy) Topic Starter

4 Hours later...

Lynn suddenly awoke with a jolt, hitting her head off the ceiling of her bed cubicle once again. Hissing in pain, her markings glowed red for a moment then turned orange once again. Her eyes adjusted to the darkness and she slid out of her bed cubicle. After going down the ladder, Lynn walked over to her light switch, turning the lights on to dim mode so her eyes wouldn't hurt from the bright light. Sighing, she peeked through the shutter quickly. The lighting had switched from the large lamps to the small lamps that were dim, in a way simulating night time. Lynn saw no one wandering about now and everyone had seemingly gone to sleep in their tents.

The woman soon made her way out into the hangar, pulling on a jacket. The scratching noise had stopped apparently. Pulling her loose hair back, she put it all in a ponytail, making sure her bangs didn't get in the way of her eyes. After putting on gloves and goggles, she climbed up to see where the engineering crew, had worked on the hull (which just so happened to be near the vents leading to the captain's quarters). There was still some sizable damage but they seemed to have a good start on it. She began working on it, however hoping her clanging and flashes of light from her portable welding device wouldn't wake up anyone.
Tyron (played by Freyya)

Tyron was out walking through the ship. He hadn't heard the scratches himself, but the men obviously had and they were definately uncertain of them. Many wouldn't be sleeping tonight as they were worrying over what they had heard. He sighed as he decided to head back to his quarters. As he got closer, he heard someone working close by. He took an early turn right to find Lynn welding away in the area that needed repairing. He waited until she stopped her welding.
"Well now, looks like I finally found someone who managed to bring herself out of her cabin when they couldn't sleep."

After she stopped welding, to lift her goggles up she jumped from the sound of Tyron's voice. The woman almost fell but her feet that clenched onto the hull kept her up. Turning to face him with a sigh of relief, she replied. "Yeah? Well... I usually like to work in order to get my mind off things that are bugging me..." she said as she slid down the hull of the ship and landed on the concrete. "My guess is you couldn't sleep either?" Their voices echoed quietly throughout the quiet hangar, the ambient sound of the snow outside blowing against the walls and windows continued on.
Tyron (played by Freyya)

Tyron nodded. "Nope. I didn't hear them myself, but it bothers me nonetheless." He sat down against the wall and took a deep breath. "I figured it'd be you working here. I don't really know anyone else crazy enough to go around at night working with a welder." He smiled at her.

Lynn chuckled, sitting down on the floor, crossing her legs. Her tail swished about and her markings glowed a bright yellow in the dark. Her ear twitched as she heard the scratching noise again. It seemed to really bother her, maybe because she was an alien and had sensitive hearing. "Well. It's not like I can't see, thanks to these new goggles I bought." she tapped the goggles, that sat on her forehead. The hangar was overly quiet, it was bugging her. Lynn's tail swished about, hitting the floor as she fidgeted.
Tyron (played by Freyya)

Tyron saw her ear twitch. "You're hearing them again?" He tried his best to pick up the sounds Lynn was hearing, but he couldn't.

"Yeah." she looked around the hangar then looked to Tyron. "How is it you're not hearing this? These sounds are like..." she spun around and crouched almost like an animal. "They sound like they're right beside my ears, it's really bothersome." her brow furrowed as her pupils dilated, as she looked around.
Tyron (played by Freyya)

Tyron heard them as well now. But that was weird.. As far as he knew, the crew had only heard them in the hangar, not on board of the ship. "Is it getting closer?"

"No. It's just... Almost like it is echoing but it's not." with one hand, Lynn grabbed the side of her head, squinting her eyes into the dark. "This is so weird." she gritted her teeth as she stared. Her pupils soon became close to the size of her whole eye. Continuing to look around, she stood up straight. "Should we look around?" she asked Tyron, her ears forward all the away, alert.
Tyron (played by Freyya)

Tyron shrugged. "I guess it couldn't hurt." he replied as he got up and straightened his clothes.

Lynn nodded. Uneasy, she began walking towards what looked like some vents near some windows. "Maybe it's coming from the vents?" she pondered to herself before looking back to see if Tyron followed. The scratching noise was disorienting. It was like you couldn't really pinpoint it because it always sounded like it was near your ear. "Hmmm..." there was a low growling in the mur's throat. She seemed to be trying to think.
Tyron (played by Freyya)

"If it does, it's come closer." Tyron replied. "Which is... unsettling. I believe the crew said it was to be heard underneath the hangar?" he asked.

Lynn shrugged as the growling in her throat grew quiet. "I hear differently then you humans do, so I have no idea." She approached the vent and examined it closely. There were small red lights, lighting up the inside of the vents. As far as Lynn could tell, there were no moving shadows. Looking back to Tyron, she pulled the vent cover off. "Want me to go first?" she asked. The scratching noise got a bit louder.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Cold Winter of Klulu (1x1 with Olthain)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus