Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hi, everyone. :)

Caffeinated

I joined the site after a friend from deviantART showed it to me, mostly after I told her how disappointed I was with the majority of the roleplaying community there. I'm still in the process of adding my characters, and hope to get used to this site relatively soon. :)
Sanne Moderator

Hi Caffeinated! You're making me crave a nice foamy latte with your icon and name. XD

I like what you have so far on your character profiles. :) What sort of roleplay experience do you have under your belt? And what's your favorite writing genre?
Kim Site Admin

Welcome for sure! I'm sorry other RP communities have let you down. We try to be very friendly and welcoming here, and we've got a huge range of people who like to play all kinds of different things in different ways, so most people seem to find what they are looking for here sooner or later. :)

Are you an artist, also?
Caffeinated Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
Hi Caffeinated! You're making me crave a nice foamy latte with your icon and name. XD

I like what you have so far on your character profiles. :) What sort of roleplay experience do you have under your belt? And what's your favorite writing genre?

Haha, sorry about that. :P

Thanks! I don't have all too much experience compared to most of my friends, as I only started... senior year of high school, I believe? I'm a junior in college now, so it's only about 4 years. As for genre, I really only have 8 characters- 4 general modern day humans, a steampunk genre human, two high fantasy characters (a goblin and a Kelpie), and the vampire. I really tend to only stay away from strict romance (I'm not opposed to character relationships, but I really do believe they should happen naturally), 'fan rp' (Roleplaying within an existing series. I think the only exception would be Pokemon, as you make your own trainer and team with their own personalities and you don't need the main cast.), and science fiction (just not into it.).

Kim wrote:
Welcome for sure! I'm sorry other RP communities have let you down. We try to be very friendly and welcoming here, and we've got a huge range of people who like to play all kinds of different things in different ways, so most people seem to find what they are looking for here sooner or later. :)

Are you an artist, also?

Thanks!

It wasn't really the 'friendliness' issue with deviantART- it was moreso that a bunch of the people interested in roleplaying make what friends and I like to call 'the stereotypical deviantART characters' and 'Mary Sues,' and that in every group, save the awesome two I joined (Urban-Warfare and Stratus-Imperium) and the one I made (Zhidralia), I would ALWAYS find requests for people who were only asking for male/male romance (I have no problem with it- just ALWAYS seeing it gets old. :P ) or male/female romance, but they will ONLY play the female. There was also a problem with people ONLY wanting to do and entirely control THEIR plot, which, in all honesty, just write a story yourself at that point. :P
I had been told that there were much more experienced people here, as well as people with a basic understanding of grammar (I'm no published writer, but I would like a basic level of good spelling and understanding of the they're/there/their and you're/your rules. xD), and who understand that roleplaying is more rewarding when both/all members contribute equally. Which, obviously, excited me, lol.

Uhhh, I kind of am. I draw/paint, craft with duct tape, and make metal, leather, bone, and fur jewelry.
A balance between romance is much more preferred than constantly engaged in romantic situations; tis' a fact that I am well aware of. Sometimes, all that is needed is a break, filled with witty tavern banter, or hunting small animals.

But welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay~

Miss wrote:
A balance between romance is much more preferred than constantly engaged in romantic situations; tis' a fact that I am well aware of. Sometimes, all that is needed is a break, filled with witty tavern banter, or hunting small animals.

But welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay~

Exactly. These people would always ask for plots where the characters were basically forced into the relationships, as well. If it happens naturally, let it, but don't let that be the ONLY goal of the thing- it really limits what can happen and get monotonous quickly. And yeah, when two characters are romantically involved, there are so many other things they can do besides what the people were looking for. (The people there were so romantically obsessed, that if a character of mine already had a love interest in their plot, or if they were asexual, people would just be like "Nope, that sounds boring." or "That's stupid. They should love MY character instead because it will make things more interesting!")
Oh my! That sounds like plot-order spouses, a term that I just created and will coin shortly. The best relationships happen naturally, tis' true. For Tannis, my most beloved character, a stroll in the park can turn into a mugging, which can turn into her having a wife, some months later. It was a lot of fun, and it is still so.

And that is too bad, as there are plenty of ideas to be had when there is more a small, small team. Ha, that is rather silly! It is up to the character to decide who they love, and who they don't.

Miss wrote:
Oh my! That sounds like plot-order spouses, a term that I just created and will coin shortly. The best relationships happen naturally, tis' true. For Tannis, my most beloved character, a stroll in the park can turn into a mugging, which can turn into her having a wife, some months later. It was a lot of fun, and it is still so.

And that is too bad, as there are plenty of ideas to be had when there is more a small, small team. Ha, that is rather silly! It is up to the character to decide who they love, and who they don't.

Hahaha, there's plenty of them there! xD And really, I have the same thing with mine. And whether the relationship works out or not- it still provides a lot of character development and makes things interesting.
Seriously though, they get way too into romance. Countless people have hated my lack of interest in strict romance environments and have decided that I didn't seem like a good person to RP with. :P
That is so true! Especially if there are multiple relationships, which can cause fights between suitors and other fun things~

And that is a terrible happenstance! I am more than certain that you are a wonderful roleplayer, and I haven't even begun to play.

Miss wrote:
That is so true! Especially if there are multiple relationships, which can cause fights between suitors and other fun things~

And that is a terrible happenstance! I am more than certain that you are a wonderful roleplayer, and I haven't even begun to play.

Hahaha, I guess. I don't think I've ever had a character in that situation before. xD

I'm hoping I'm decent at it. I still need to work on post length (I know it doesn't matter all the time, but I feel I could do better.), as well as making more characters, seeing as I only have 8.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hi, everyone. :)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus