Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Anime! ^.^

xUsagix

Hi everyone! I'm really bored...So I just wanted to talk about anime! XD Maybe list some of your favourite animes...Talk about them...Because I love anime!

I have to say Clannad After Story is my favourite of all time but heres some more:
Bleach
Inuyasha
Death Note
Sailor Moon
Trigun
Haruhi Suzumiya (Movie and series)
Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero (Haven't watched all of Fate/Zero yet..I'm waiting for the english dub...Yes I am not an Otaku I prefer dubbed anime...)
Trigun!!! I have the first ten episodes on my computer...and then I'm stuck searching for them on the internet. :P I love that show, I think it's just the irony of Vash the Stampede's reputation preceding him. (My character Cody is loosely similar...but set in a more urban/contemporary future.)

Hmm, other Anime I like:

--Library Wars: Love & War--which was nearly impossible to find. The manga is incredible; about censorship and how librarians fight to keep books on the shelves. The characters are fantastic.

--Somedays Dreamers. Absolutely gorgeous and sweet, for those "need something light" days.

--Detective Conan. I love the mysteries and Kaito Kid is hilarious.

That's about all I can readily glean at the moment. As far as manga goes, I've read all sorts of things, but probably nothing very "popular". I did see all of InuYasha...in about...a month? Something like that. It was a ridiculously short time frame for all the bazillion episodes that are out. XD
xUsagix Topic Starter

Yeah, I'm on the 3rd episode of Trigun and its pretty cool. I've never heard of any of the other animes you've mentioned! They sound interesting..I'll look them up. ^.^
Gundam 00 is also an anime a friend of mine dragged me into. XD It has giant robots in it, if you're a fan of that sort of thing.

There's also (now that I'm remembering my favorites) Zoids, which had animal robots, and OH! Princess Tutu!

Princess Tutu is an amalgamation of Swan Lake and The Nutcracker ballet. The main story line is about a girl who is really a duck, who can turn into a princess, and her goal is to find all the pieces of heart that belong to this prince, whom she loves. I love it for the music and for the story line. There's several good twists throughout the anime which is fairly short--maybe 30 or so episodes? Definitely worth trying.

Let me know if you have trouble finding any of the animes, I might be able to find links and PM them to you. <3
My list:
Ao No Exorcist
Trigun
Bleach
Hellsing
Devil May Cry
D N Angel
Black Butler
Rurouni Kenshin
YuYu Hakusho
Death Note
Inuyasha
and a tons more hehe
I was a pretty big anime fan when I was but a wee little lad. I watched all the popular anime like pokémon, Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, Gundam, Kenshi, High School of the Dead and pretty much every anime that has been suggested to me, though I forgot most of those names.

Today it doesn't have as much of an appeal to me anymore. I have no idea why. Perhaps I watched way too much of it as a kid, if that's even possible, or I simply grew out of it by embracing typical adult stuff like ... dictionaries, employment and taxes. I 'unno.

But that doesn't mean I'm completely immune to anime today! There's two series that I hold dear to my heart and watch the ever living hell out of! These series were so amazing, so compelling, so well made and so interesting I have watched them at least three times by now!

One of them is Dragonball Z. As a kid I watched up to the Cell Saga, and then Belgium simply stopped airing the show, breaking my little pre-teen heart. But luckily there was the internet and its many sites that allowed me to relive that childhood, and expand on it by watching the Buu Saga as well as many others.

The second is by far the greatest friggin' anime I have ever laid my eyes on! SOUL EATER is the greatest thing ever since the invention of Norwegian socks! It's hard to express my love for Soul Eater. Its characters are well built and each and everyone of them is interesting. The story is epic. The action is amazing and fast paced as well as plenty! People turn into FRIGGIN WEAPONS OH EM GEE WAT!

There's an amazing build up that makes you anticipate how certain characters are going to kick some butt, and most importantly, each character, no matter how little screen time he/she gets is important, and will all get their moment of glory! It's just so genius! I highly recommend this anime! Watch it and feel as if your life is complete!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Anime! ^.^

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus