Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Rome (1x1)

Valentina Columbia (played by Bertie-McBert)

A young woman sat outside of the tablinum, waiting for her father, Valentinus, to finish up speaking with a soldier. The man had returned from battle a short while ago and was collecting the money and the land he'd received from his contribution of service to the Republic. Now, though, he was here to discuss a marriage proposal. Valentinus had contacted him, offering him his youngest daughter, Valentina Minor, (called 'Columbia' for her dovelike tenderness), for marriage.

Columbia was nervous as the two men spoke, sitting outside in the courtyard as she waited. Her older sister had encouraged her that having a husband was good, it was what a woman's vocation was. Every free man in Rome needed a supportive, beautiful wife to go home to, she would always tell her, you'll be his.

The woman, though, was no more than sixteen years old. This was the standard marriageable age, and Columbia was no eyesore. Dressed in a pale, baby blue peplos that hid a curvy figure, she seemed to be a sight easy on the eyes with her dark eyes and golden hair. She wasn't, by today's standards, a bombshell, but she was still attractive. But currently, she was terrified, as she saw the silhouettes of two men walking towards the courtyard...

((I can also play Valentinus when the time calls for it. Sorry its so.. roughly put together! ))
Titus Acilius Galeo (played by EonRising)

The young soldier spotted Valentina and smiled softly at her as they approached. She wasn't too much younger than him and as far as arranged marriages go, he was convinced this couldn't have gotten any better for him. He had heard that she was a beautiful and sweet girl; the former was now proven true aqnd he was absolutely positive she was as kind and sweet as rumors were.
"Hello, Valentina," he smiled and bowed a bit to her, not much, but just a bow of acknowledgement. His polished armor squeaked a bit with each movement he made and a light breeze was making the red under shirt flap in the breeze slightly, pressing against his defined muscles.
Valentina Columbia (played by Bertie-McBert) Topic Starter

"Hello, Galeo." She said softly, not looking at his eyes to show him respect. She studied his uniform, a standard soldier's uniform. Still, however, it was intmidating to one such as her, whose father was too old to fight and had no brothers.

"We've come to an agreement, Valentina." Her fther said, bringing his youngest daughter into a gentle embrace. When he let her go, he smiled. "You are to be married." He gestured for Galeo to come over and join them. "Come, come, my boy. Meet your bride." The old, balding man said softly, brightly. It was obvious that he was so proud. "Go off and aquaint yourselves, but be home by nightfall. Your mother and I have many things to do." he told them both, the last part specifically to Valentina.

Once her father left, the timid girl sttayed a few steps aaway from Galeo. She didn't know what to say, so she said nothing and let him, the man, speak. But, she ended up blurting out something because she was so nervous. "Have you ever fought in battle?" After, she covered her mouth with her hands and blushed.

He smiled warmly at her, the look on his face placid and calm.
"Yes, I have," he offered his hand to her, to lead her out of the garden, "What would you like to know about it?"

"O-Oh, nothing.' She tried to hide the red on her cheeks. "How are you? Was your journey home pleasant?" She asked.

"It's fine. You may ask whatever you'd like," he offered, "I am well. The return was tedious but each day seemed brighter. How are you?"

"I'm well." Valentina lead him through the gardens. "What places have you been to?" She inquired next, running her hands along the leaves of the bushes. "I've never left Rome, father says that its dangerous for a woman." The girl explained. All the while, she kept a formal distance between them.

"I've been to Germania and all over Italia. I've been part of the Legion since I was as old as you," he shrugged, "And he's right. Most of Europa is dominated by savages, barbarians. Greece is the only somewhat civilized nation, and that's a bit exaggerated. If I get the chane I might take you somewhere."

"That would be wonderful, Galeo. Valentina had stars in her eyes almost. She took his hand, leading him through a maze of bushes and flowers until they were at a fountain. She took him to sit at the base of the small sttructure on a stone bench. There, she took her other hand to put over his. ""Thank you for being kind." Se started. "I'm proud to become apart of your family, though I'm aso afraid," the young woman admitted. "I have never met them."

"You need not worry," he smiled at her, "You have met my father but you don't know it. He saw and spoke with you, part of why I am marrying you, though now, I have no reason to not want to marry you," he gently stroked her shoulder, "I'm sure you'll like my family well enough though."

"When did he see me?" That was odd, how she didn't realize. She couldn't remember a man that resembled her fiancé who spoke to her recently. "What did my father offer you for my hand? Or vise versa."

"A piece of land of my own, a nice villa in the country side," he smiled, "But now that I see you, he could have offered much less," he smiled brightly at her.

She shyly smiled at him. "You're very kind, thank you.." Valentina watched the sky, the sun would set in a few minutes. "Anything you want to know about me?" She brushed away a stray piece of hair, looking at the armor he wore. Wasn't it hot wearing that?

"What are your interests? Your hobbies? I know not all women like to weave and such, so what is that you like to do?"

"I like to cook." he smiled, blushing again. "Grow a garden in the summer... Y'know."

"Quaint," he smiled, "What would you like to know about me?"

"ANything you want to tell me." She replied. "I'll only know what you see fit to tell me.' he smiled.

"I'm completely open," he smiled, "I've got nothing to hide."

She took his hand in her's again, looking at the arm guards covering his forearms. She noticed the beginnings of a scar. "What's this?" She asked softly. "Its looks painful.."

"Got hit with a spear in battle. it came flying over the soldiers and slashed my arm," he shrugged and ran his fingers over it then removed his bracer to reveal the whole thing.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Rome (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus