Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » An adventure of the Bravest (IDK Im bad at names)

The Tabaxi sighed inwardly, before forcing herself into a calm tone to respond,”You were addressing me when you talked about torturing the man. I don’t know the guy but I know it’s wrong. Self-defense is okay, making them double down on their knees dying is not. You shouldn’t let people harass you, but that doean’t mean you shouldn’t treat them like they had just I dunno- tried to touch a kid in the private places either.”
Continuing her walk to the Inn, Leap of Graceful Stag didn’t wait for the humaniod to reply, quite done with this conversation in general. It bothered Stag when people overreacted, it was a pet peeve that always stuck around her, nothing much to be blamed for.
Laydrin Conarsis (played by Laydrin_Conarsis) Topic Starter

Laydrin, slightly shocked and now extremely angry turned to Isla. "OK answer me this. You'd been more then harassed your entire life. Then some rude ass man comes and starts insulting you for no reason at all. Would you just be calm about it and defend yourself? It's not like I killed him. And it's not like I could control what he saw!" She started to unknowingly raise her voice to a shout, as she was flustered and angry. Her emotions started to control her like always and she couldn't see it for herself.

"He probably went home, realized his wife was fine and moved on! He probably didn't even remember it from being dead drunk. Yeah I addressed her about it but I was just telling a story of what had happened. Not asking for judgement or input!" Laydrin realized as she stopped talking that her throat was raw and dry from yelling.

Lower her head in shame, ears flattening down against her head and tail swishing lightly, she spoke softly again. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you." Tears threaten to spill over the edge of her eyelids, but she refuses to allow this to happen.

Looking back up to Isla she nods slightly. "It was nice meeting you. If you ever need me, I'll be at the Bustling Pony or the library. If I'm not there then I'll be in one of those too soon." Laydrin went on her way, not giving the girl any time to speak.

When she got to the Tavern she stormed in, slamming her door hard and locking it tightly. She sat on her bed, hands gripping onto her hair and palms resting on her face, crying. She began to ramble nonsense to herself and the "Shadow Men" appeared all around her, one by one as her rambling continues.
Isla (played by EterniGhost)

"Laydrin, wait!" Isla yelled after her. But Laydrin was already running away. "It's okay!" Isla sighed, and started walking away. Even if she did think Laydrin overreacted a bit, she didn't know what her past was. Maybe she had to do that to survive. And the other cat lady, maybe she didn't know what it was like to be picked on. Isla remembered she still was holding the book she bought. The outside was slippery with sweat, so she put it in her bag.

"If I was Laydrin," she told Nova, "I would have been too scared to do anything. I thought she was brave for standing up for herself. The other lady obviously hurt her," she said, walking to the Bustling Pony to check if Laydrin had wound up there.

Laydrin's rambles continued on. Nonsense was forming and she sounded mad, as nothing she said could be understood. Her grip on her head became tighter and her tears heavier. Her voice began to crack until eventually the rambles turned into loud sobs of despair.

She didn't know what to do anymore. Why now? Why by the words of one person had she broken down? All of ever takes is one. After all these years of hidden away anger and loneliness, how did one person seem to grab it all and yank it out of her? Laydrin couldn't understand and her sobs continued. She already knew she'd cry herself to sleep this night just like many others.

As normal thoughts started to form back in her brain she went back downstairs, as she had left the door to the tavern unlocked. A dirty thief could walk in and steal anything. As she entered the main area she saw Isla.

Laydrin goes to speak to her but all that comes out is the odd sound of her voice cracking. She sighs, defeated by her own self.

Isla glanced around. Suddenly, she spotted Laydrin and hurried toward her. "Are you okay?" she asked. "Can I help with anything?" Isla didn't know why Laydrin had run off like that, but she didn't want to see her in pain.

They were close enough, so Nova jumped off of Isla's shoulder and landed on Laydrin's and nestled his warm body into her neck. Isla smiled faintly. "He does that to me, too." As Nova licked Laydrin's cheek, Isla took a seat in a soft, worn out chair that stood nearby. "You want to talk about it?" she asked gently, patting the empty seat next to her.

Laydrin hesitantly takes a seat next to Isla as she wipes away her heavy tears. She raises a finger to Nova's head gently and softly stocks it, not wanting to injure the cute little creature. "Y-Yeah I'm a-alright." Her voice cracks as she speaks, indicating that she is bluffing.

"T-There's nothing t-that c-can be done. Nothing t-to t-talk about." Laydrin shrugs as if none of this matters. Continuing to pet the tiny creature on her shoulder, she attempts to blow the entire thing off.

"Look, I don't want to pry, but if there's something wrong, talking about it can make you feel better," Isla said. She waited for Laydrin to reply, and looked around the room. "You stood up for yourself. No one should make you feel ashamed for doing that." she said after a silence. "You know, if it's really bothering you, you could leave. Get a job somewhere else, or something," Isla's thoughts traveled back to Laydrin's friend Dylan. She didn't know him, but from Laydrin's description, he'd probably know what to say. She inwardly sighed, not wanting Laydrin to know that she was making her feel bad.

Laydrin glanced over at Isla. "I can't leave. I have nowhere to go. I've never known anything else. And Dylan won't know where I am." She thought for a moment, pondering on what in the world she could to at this point. "No one should make you feel ashamed for that." played over and over in her head.

Laydrin smiled and stood up. Gently picking up the rat off of her shouler, she placed it back on Isla's shoulder. She handed the keys to the tavern to Isla. "I know what to do. Lock up for me please. Just for whenever you walk out. You may stay longer if you like. I won't be coming back until morning." Storming out of the tavern, trusting deeply that Isla woudn't steal anything, she quickly walked to the Inn that she last saw the cat woman.

She sat in front of the door, confidant not to leave. Staying till morning, tired, but refusing to fall asleep, she waits still. Staring at the door, wanting nothing more then to conversate once more with this bloody woman.

After walking around the place for a while, Isla decided to lock it up like Laydrin had told her to. As she headed back toward the library, she wondered what Laydrin was up to. She seemed confident in what she was doing, so Isla didn't worry. As Nova continued sleeping on her shoulder, she opened the book that she had bought.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » An adventure of the Bravest (IDK Im bad at names)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus