Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Howdys, heart burn, and ham sammiches to all.

As you make your journey you come across a suspicious looking chap. He would smirk and bow his head as humbly as possible.

"Greetings sir/madam. Could you spare a single coin for a -ahem- starving artist? In return I will play any melody you name on my lute. I will even shine your shoes. No? Not even one small coin? Sir/ma'am, you are quite the foul one. You would let children die of hunger? Oh...hohoho... That seemed to have changed your attitude. That's right... My brothers and sisters starve as we make idle chit chat on how greedy you are. A coin? For me? How thoughtful. See how easy it is to be caring when a gang of hungry children come into play? And even more so when they happen to be right...behind you. I wouldn't run if I were you. I'll just take this purse from your tunic. I thank you. Oh, I didn't lie, by the way. I am a starving artist. Well, con artist is more like it. You really believed there were starving children and believed they were approaching from behind. How daft of you. Oh, and one more thing. There is, however, a homicidal bowman with you right in his line of sight. Just there on the horizon. That is no lie. If you persue me he will kill you. Adieu, kind sir/ma'am."

As you are probably realize how embarrassing that was, the lad makes his get away chuckling sadisticly as he disappears over the horizon. You could probably hear the faint sound of the crossbow releasing its bolt off in the distance. That would be your que to brace yourself and hope it was just a prank shot. Lucky you. It flew right past your head.

I do hope you enjoyed my small introduction. I may or may not bring either of those characters into play here. I do also hope that it shows that I do know what I'm doing and am not frowned upon for basically robbing whatever money you might have had. :3";
Sanne Moderator

Wow, this is one of the best introductions I've seen here so far! Combining a display of your talents in writing, character design and storytelling with a humor filled greeting is not something I've seen before. ;)

A very warm welcome to RPR! :D You'll fit in more than perfectly with us, I'm sure. I'm also very, very curious about the sort of characters you'll add to your profile.
Wraith Topic Starter

I'm assuming that is pronounsed like Sonnet, minus the T?

I have a few characters up my sleeve, ma'am. I'm just trying to find decent pix for them now. :p
Wraith Topic Starter

*pronounced
Very nice! ^_^ I like it! Welcome to RPR!
Sanne Moderator

Wraith wrote:
I'm assuming that is pronounsed like Sonnet, minus the T?

I have a few characters up my sleeve, ma'am. I'm just trying to find decent pix for them now. :p

I suppose that's one way of pronouncing it! There's no accurate pronunciation in English (no matter how close English speaking people get, it never quite sounds the same as when a Dutch person pronounces my name for some reason) but a lot of words get close. :) I have a soundfile linked to in my profile that I was just updating with a new recording! XD

Keep us posted on new character developments. ;)
Wraith Topic Starter

I shall have to take a listen. I have a few friends in the Netherlands, actually. :3

My first character, The Shade, has been created. As well as my first RP, Saint or Sinner. Please take a look and tell me what y'all think. :]
Wraith Topic Starter

And greetings to you, Miss Usagi. Much appreciated. :]
Ah-ha! I've found you, foul conning fiend from the darkest depths of... of... that dark corner over there. *points with a dramatic flair*

I dunno what I'd do if set on the case of a con artist, actually. I'd probably be too lazy to pursue, because sitting here in my chair is a far more comfortable method to spend my time with. Ahem.

Regardless, that was certainly one of the more creative and enjoyable intros I've had the pleasure of reading! Welcome to the RPR, Wraith! *flings cookies at--delicious ones, the only kind!*
Wraith Topic Starter

-Eats said delicious morsels- I love you now, dragon person. :3 And thank you for the welcoming and the not persuing of. :D
HEY! *cooks some dark cookies* Stop taking away my rp partners! *hands it to the newcomer on a silver plate* There you go! ^_^
Welcome :) from me too.
VERY creative into! Welcome to RPR <3 You're going to fit in perfectly around here, I can tell ~
Wraith Topic Starter

More cookies??? O.O And more welcomes. Y'all are going to give me a big uead with all the nice and a fatter stomach with all the sweets. :p
Sanne Moderator

*hands a head of lettuce* Balance day! ;)
Wraith Topic Starter

Lettuce is good. I love muh veggies. :3

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Howdys, heart burn, and ham sammiches to all.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus