Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Chronicles of Obelus: Seven Days (Closed)

Gloria DeVore (played by Dndmama)

The sound of Joseph's voice on the other side of her door stalls Gloria's restless pacing as easily as if he had gripped a hand around her neck. In this case it feels more as if he is squeezing her heart though. As her king speaks of his own death, his bodyguard's two slim, calloused hands press against the opposite side of the door from where he sits, straining against the hardened clay as if she could break it in two with the strength of her love and...desire. Yes, desire. It couldn't be denied that she felt drawn physically to this towering specimen of masculinity as well. That she had been since she was old enough to even understand such feelings.

Why?! Why did this have to be so...so hard?! So complicated... If only she hadn't listened to her father all those years ago and walled her heart off from the one man that had ever truly won her respect, her admiration, her esteem... Looking back on it now, Joseph's interest and intentions all seemed so clear. How had she ever managed to remain so blind for so long?!

His next words strike her whole being cold. Give up her position? The man must truly be mad. How can he suggest such a thing? How can she give up her duty to Jubilee? To the crown? To his family? To him?

How can you live every day in his company, loving him more than life itself yet sworn til death to another?

Gloria presses her forehead against her door and a soft groan escapes her lips. He loves her. He truly loves her. And she...

"Resign? You truly have lost your mind." The words aren't loud, just barely loud enough to be heard on the other side and even then only because he sits so close to her door. "You thought you were close to death today? You wouldn't last a week without me by your side."

She's trying to sound brave, to cut the tension between them with a bit of humor but her voice shakes slightly all the same.
Joseph Henry III (played by Serverus) Topic Starter

Hearing Gloria's soft voice through the clay barrier made him smile. He even chuckled a bit, boyishly, when she cursed him for thinking the worst. Could he really let her resign? He would rather resign himself before that ever happened. Unfortunately, as King of Jubilee, to be resigned means death and that is one burden he did not want Gloria to live with. He placed his long muscular fingers on the door and relaxed his eyes before he spoke again...

"A week? Hell, I am not sure I'd last a day..." He laughed through cloudy eyes that held back his own tears. "I don't think we went that long apart even after your wedding day." He offered his own wit and humor.

Then he seen Gwyer watching him from afar. Surprisingly, Sarah was not beside her. He shook his head as if he was hallucinating, thus the Elvatian was still there as broad as his boots that needed polishing.

"Look, I don't have an issue with you and Sarah. That's your thing. We all have our thing. You just better make sure you are serious, because there is a man who I care about, that loves her and he is torn about it." He said.

Of course this might have confused Gloria as she was who he came out to see and the attention was being drawn elsewhere.

"As sweet as your witch is, I understand the necessary caution. That is why I am not in her bed now and out here with you instead. I truthfully don't want to come between them."

"That is lovely of you. But it still doesn't explain why you are out here when I am trying to mend things with Gloria?" Joseph frowned. "Such confessions can be left for the morning, unless its other business you bring me?"

"It was either impeccable timing or Ecru's fate. But I originally came to the Underdark to investigate this matter, then I heard you were here and well, I had to save you and that may have delayed things." Gweyr explained.

"Truly it was Ecru and his mad fate, conveniently, so." Joseph grinned.

"I was hoping to speak with you about this matter in private, but since Gloria is your Hand, I reckon you both should hear this. Do you oppose?"

Gweyr came closer and waited for Gloria to open the door. There she held a parchment that she unfolded, the words written in blood mixed ink, a Drow thing obviously. Henry looked at the horrifying letters, unable to make any of them out. He would encourage his Hand out as this seemed an important matter, one that required them to put their personal thing aside; again.

"It's okay Gloria. You can come out and hear this." Henry commanded.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Chronicles of Obelus: Seven Days (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus