Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Are Smalltalk forum posts available indefinitely?

Hi fam,

I just got to wondering if the posts in the Smalltalk thread stick around forever basically or if I need to be worried about them getting cleared out periodically. There are things in there that I want to save (like all those book recommendations) but I haven't gotten around to cutting and pasting it and saving it somewhere. I was just wondering if I should do that or if the Smalltalk posts stick around forever. I THINK they stick around forever (within reason, provided one is not removed for some moderation-related reason), but I just want to be SURE. Lol.

Thank youuuu for all that ya'll do.
Heyo. Na As far as I know they stay forever. You can go check out posts from 2013 even its crazy stuff.
Hikari_Yagaza wrote:
Heyo. Na As far as I know they stay forever. You can go check out posts from 2013 even its crazy stuff.

Now dont go responding on it but heres the oldest topic.

https://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=6

2010. Dang an eternity ago. Lol. Of course its made by the lovely kim.
Sanne Moderator

My very first forum topic from September 2010 is still exactly preserved as it was 8 years ago! The only topic that ever gets cleaned up is the official chat topic, but everything else on the public forums stays as it is unless edited or removed.
Abigail_Austin Topic Starter

Thank you both!
A little further info. They don't regularly get pruned, no, and if a thread turns problematic, the mods usually delete individual posts rather than the whole topic. However, they may delete the topic if the original concept itself is problematic. And much more often, topics will be moved to other forums if they better.

Novalyyn wrote:
A little further info. They don't regularly get pruned, no, and if a thread turns problematic, the mods usually delete individual posts rather than the whole topic. However, they may delete the topic if the original concept itself is problematic. And much more often, topics will be moved to other forums if they better.

Thanks!
Kim Site Admin

The only topic that is regularly blanked out (first of the month) is the Just Talkin' official chat topic, as otherwise it'd be like... millions of messages long.

Kim wrote:
The only topic that is regularly blanked out (first of the month) is the Just Talkin' official chat topic, as otherwise it'd be like... millions of messages long.

Thanks. And yeah, I totally see how the chat thread would have to be blanked out..haha. Everything I care about looking up later is in the other part, it's all good! That's what I needed to know! Thanks!

You are on: Forums » Help » Are Smalltalk forum posts available indefinitely?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus