Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: A Touch of Mayhem

Kosma (played anonymously)

“ hello” she looked at Mars. “ your party amazing.” Ghost whispered to Mars “ you like her. So why not show her a few tricks? I mean she does not have many friends”
Merrin and Ryuuji (played anonymously)

Merrin was about to speak to the iconic monster when she heard the dulcet tones of the magician that appeared on stage. She and Ryuuji turned their attention towards the new face; one was clearly more curious than the other about how he showed up as she unlinked her arm from her pal and moved a foot away to get a better look at the mysterious man. However, the card tricks he started doing while spinning the records caught the inquisitive witch's blue eyes in an instant. "Wow..." She awed while Ryuuji moved to resume talking to the quiet Frankenstein. He hadn't run away, and he waved back, so that was a good sign.

When the magician also addressed the shy monster with his words of encouragement, the redhead turned a side glance and a raised wary eyebrow towards his direction for the intrusion. His comrade on the other hand, gasped as the cards disappeared out of sight. "Ohh, so he's the magician then," Merrin deduced, nodding to herself before splitting her attention between the trickster and the two talking males, rehooking her arm with the vampire's in the meantime. Since his friend was pleased with the show, Ryuuji let the interruption go and brought his gaze back to Sir Frankenstein, who had finally said hello.

"Heya, man! Uh, sorry about my friend here," the fake-fanged dancer motioned to the witch who turned her attention back to the card tricks for a minute. Leaning in with a cupped hand to his face as if he was about to divulge an important secret, he quipped, "She's easily entertained..." His remark earned a playful hip bump from his friend, throwing him off guard. "Ah!" She was perceptive despite her eyes being turned to the magician, and she made him pay for forgetting that about her. "Gah, man!" Shrugging off the taunt and her resulting giggle, he continued while straightening out his jacket.

"Anyway... What're ya doin' here all by yourself? The party's over there, y'know?" He cocked his head towards the dance floor as a hint that he should join in on the fun. Turning her attention back to the quiet party-goer, Merrin nodded her head in agreement, noting his faint and wistful smile. She returned the gesture back at him, though her imitation was brighter with a hint of tenderness. Both of them seemed happy to shoot the breeze with the green-clad costumer until he was convinced to join the duet in dancing with them for a while.
Kamaria Wolf (played anonymously)

Kam was out with her brother and father, they wanted to spend some time with her. She kept hearing whispers of a party with an awesome DJ going on downtown. The girl groaned and eventually talked her father into letting her go, without her brother. Why did he have to go places with her recently? She got into some trouble months back and went missing. It had took them forever to find her. Once the okay was given- she’d take off in the direction were the people spoke about. Let the party begin..

The house had that eerie feel and made her want in there more, music was picked up by those ears and that crimson glow from the windows had her in awe. She was dressed up as a voodoo doll, deep fake, yet realistic, scars covered her body. The makeup covering her face was somewhat basic. Black circled around those hazel eyes, eyeliner had been taken to her blood red lips to draw on some stitches. At the corner of those lips were drug out eyeliner that also crossed with lines. Ripped up tights paired with those black heeled goth boots. As for that brown hair? Up in a gothic pigtail style. Approaching the door she bounced happily and knocked with a dainty hand. She was bad late.
Mars (played anonymously) Topic Starter

"Thanks," he said to Kosma when she complimented the party. The ghost's comment was met with a rose brow and a laugh, "I don't do tricks. That's King's job." He glanced at the DJ'ing magician again briefly to see what else he'd pulled out of his sleeve by now. The knock on the door had him giving an apologetic smile, "Excuse me, gotta go answer that." He slid through the crowd and opened the door with a smile. "Here for treats only or are you gonna stay for- Kam!!" he cut off mid-sentence of what he asked all the others and hugged the voodoo doll tightly if she didn't spazz. "I was starting to think you were givin' me the cold shoulder or somethin," he laughed, letting her go if the hug was successful, "Check it, I got a photo booth thing too so we can spam your bro with stupid pics later on if you're down." He moved out of the way to let her come inside. Mars knew good and well that she was most likely here for the party. "You look incredible by the way," he smirked playfully, those white eyes taking in the makeup a little better after a few moments.

"All good," Frankenstein said softly, with a light shrug, "Who doesn't like magic?" There was a subtle twinkle in the little monster's eyes at the question, but maybe it was just from having someone actually talking to him. He cackled a little when Merrin hip bumped Ryuuji, seemingly entertained by the duo. "I'm um.. I-I'm kind of.." he stammered all over himself, before blushing beneath that green face paint and laughing as he continued, "Hilariously.. utterly.. helplessly.. shy." He scrunched up what was a button nose beneath the green and shrugged sheepishly. "Can I party with you guys?" he asked softly. Obviously it didn't take much to convince him, just the sheer fact that he wasn't alone now was plenty convincing. He had glanced towards the door briefly when Mars shouted Kam's name, smiled at the new arrival timidly and then turned his attention back to the duo after stealing another quick glance at King. Had he made anything else disappear? That was pretty cool and Frankie wanted to see more crazy stunts from his self-proclaimed protector for the night; protector, being in the form of doing away with those that judge the gentle monster. He cackled again as he slooowly started growing more comfortable in his surroundings. Thank you, Merrin and Ryuuji, for that.
Kamaria Wolf (played anonymously)

She’d been oblivious that she caught the host at a bad time, by bad? Talking with the guests. Tiny form rocked back on forth on those heels until the door was answered. A big smile formed over those lips when she saw exactly who the host was. Paint, contacts or not that wolf nose of hers wouldn’t forget that scent. “Mars!” The hug was welcomed, it’d been ages since the two actually saw one another. “I didn’t think you’d hosting a party tonight.” The mentioning of a cold shoulder had the girl frowning a bit. Finally Kam shook her head with the words, “We have a lot to catch up on. I’ll explain everything.” When? After the party was over. Once he moved she peeped in at the photo booth he’d spoke about. “Definitely!”

After entering she took in her surroundings. DJ, Frankenstein, Witch, Vampire some ghosts. Those eyes were lit up with excitement. Mars’ comment was almost missed due to the music blaring, but she did manage to catch it. “Thank you. I love the contacts and the vein paint. Looks awesome!” And it went well together with that Venom outfit.

Where to go first? Join the others and dance like a loon? Raid the food table? Travel the building? The options would each be explored most likely. That attention for now fell on Frankenstein, Merrin and Ryuuji. Watching the three together had her smiling, the friendliness reminded her of Pulse and Midnight. With that thought she gave Mars a warm smile, “How is everyone? Or did they vanish too?”

Kosma was getting teased by ghosts. Then one ghost had a whack idea. He went up stairs. Grabbing something from a dresser and coming back down.before he saw a fellow ghost start doing a weird dance.
Merrin and Ryuuji (played anonymously)

The girl's eyes seem to sparkle as she smiled brighter and nodded in agreement to the green clad monster's first statement. Magic was always a fascinating thing, whether it was simple card tricks or vague yet powerful rituals. But to hear that the boy was also shy gave Ryuuji the go ahead to keep talking.

"Heh, you too? Not me, though: This one over 'ere," he made a motion to Merrin, who gave him a raised eyebrow in return. "But it's all good: shy ones are the best ones t' talk to in my personal opinion. Seem t' know all the cool stuff I don't, y'know what I mean?" He let a wink punctuate the end of his sentence. Hearing that, the witch averted her eyes with a small, bashful smile. Did he really think she was cool to talk to? That actually made her happy.

When the costumed partier asked if he could tag along, the redhead beamed and laughed a bit in good cheer. "Of course, my man! More the merrier, right?" He turned to the currently flushed female to get her approval.

Merrin met his gaze and nodded. "Uh-huh. Besides, this one really likes talking with people, as you can see..."

"And this one really needs to be more social anyway," the vampire teased back with a chuckle.

"H-hey, well I- Yeah, I kinda do, huh?" She admitted, but still kept her smile. "But, we'd be happy to have you with us, okay? In fact, uh..." Turning her head, she looked towards the dance floor, then back at Frankenstein. "Do you... Wanna dance with us? Please?" She invited, waiting for his answer.

If he decided to accept, then Ryuuji would end up leading the way to the other dancers, both of them waiting for him to catch up and encouraging him with hand motions to keep going. Once they got close enough, Merrin would hop on ahead and start meshing in with the gyrating crowd, waving her hand for the other two to hurry up while swaying her hips to swish the hem of her puffed-up skirt. Seems like she can be outgoing if she wanted to. If not, then they didn't mind much at all! They could always hang out and talk a little while longer. That was the vampire's specialty after all.
Cardistry (played anonymously)

Seemed that he got the devil inside easy enough, and unknowingly even gave her a free pass when it came to questions from Mars. He'd flashed a fanged smile right back at the girl before she scuttled into the crowd towards the food. Hell, he couldn't blame her, it smelled pretty incredible and he'd have to sneak over at some point and do the same. Of course, the food couldn't satisfy his thirst, buuuut he was definitely feeling the urge to grab a cupcake.

Showing off was indeed the nature of the game, especially for entertainers. Being too modest was boring when all eyes were glued to you. The game requires you to wow them, and how could he without that grace and a large dose of confidence? Anyone who knew King from his days starting out on ol' Youtube would know he was once a clumsy amateur with cheap parlor tricks that suddenly changed more or less overnight. The vampire glanced over his shoulder when Krepta settled in behind the booth he'd taken over for the time being. "What's your name?" he called out to her, flipping the mic on mute temporarily right before he'd spoken, "Just need to know what to call you if Venom asks me later. Haha." If given the name, he'd bounce a 'nice to meet ya' at her as well before going back to what he was doing.

He heard the phrase 'that's King's job' and unmuted his mic, speaking with a fanged grin as he put on the song Stricken by Disturbed, "Alright folks, I'm putting the music back on autopilot for a bit. Time for some more magic tricks." You come on like a bloodstained hurricane~ the song was singing as he pulled a second deck of cards from somewhere on his form. Or.. was it the same deck as before? Hmmm. He started out with cardistry again as he was doing earlier but shifted it into card throwing. The wall furthest away that he could reach without hitting a guest now had a perfect 'K' from the precision in which he'd thrown each of those cards. The force behind them to make them stab into the wall was also either impressive, orrr maybe alarming?

Next? Fireballs seemingly appeared out of nowhere, floating above each of his palms before he started juggling said fireballs and even added in a third for the sake of the show. "A weasel walks into a bar," he smirked, telling a joke that a dear warlock friend had told him once, "Bartender looks at the weasel and says, 'Wow, I have never in my life seen a weasel come in here, what can I get ya?' …..'Pop,' goes the weasel." He winked playfully and the fire vanished into smoke mid-juggle. "Nothin up my sleeves," he held up his arms, those sleeves rolled up to his elbows, "Nothin' to play smoke and mirrors with.. and yet..." POOF! A smoke bomb had actually been snagged from his back pocket and activated with his right hand as he was showing off and looking at his bare left arm. Anyone with quick enough eyes may have caught it, but.. what wasn't exactly explained was the fact that he was now gone. The smoke had been small and contained, the magician no longer standing there when it cleared seconds later. So.. where had he gone?

The photo booth clicked brightly in the corner, and King stepped out giving a bow with a grin. The photos he'd taken of himself making goofy faces at the camera were left for whomever was interested, if anyone. Even though he was a vampire, he did show up in photos. Some of the folklore rang true with him, some didn't. A snap of his fingers and the music shifted despite him being on the opposite end of the room. He made his way over to the witch, vampire, and Frankenstein and had they started dancing by this point, he would have joined them on the dancefloor if there were no protests about it. Had they not, he would merely give them a warm smile, ready to simply shoot the breeze also.

She looked at king. She smiled at his tricks. The ghost bumped into king. The ghost looked drunk.
Mars (played anonymously) Topic Starter

"Me either, was kind of a last minute decision. Last minute as in, literally this morning. I've been insanely busy all day for that reason," he laughed nodding at the next comment, "We do. I'll hold you to it later on. For now, it's party time!" He grinned when she agreed to play in the photo booth with him at some point later on. "Seen a few on and off, but you're the one that's been gone longest," he informed her. It had started to worry him a little honestly. He was watchin the ghost do it's weird little dance as Frankenstein was chatting with the duo from earlier.

Frankie seemed ecstatic when allowed to join, a bright smile forming on green lips as he cackled again at their back and forth. He was finding it entertaining in itself and in awe at what seemed like a pretty great friendship. Uh oh. Dance? Ummm.. He hestitated very briefly and then nodded shyly. He HAD been inching towards the floor for that very reason earlier. He followed after them, the shyness melting with each hand motion. He had started swaying and moving as they did, cackling lightly as he goofily did a few Thriller moves with a scrunch of his button nose. He glanced to the DJ when the music changed to rock again, still swaying absently with his new found friends. He gasped at the card tricks but what REALLY got the little monster was the fire. How did he...? He blinked when King vanished, looking at the others wide eyed when the smoke cleared and then the booth when the flash went off. Whaaaat??? He clapped loudly with an awestruck grin. Uh oh. He was coming over. Frankie gave the magician a shy smile when he reached them and had no qualms with him dancing with them. Maybe he could even learn a few moves from the mysterious entertainer.
Krepta seemed to hesitate for a moment when the magician asked her name. Her lips pursed briefly as she considered giving him a false name, but no one knew her here, and after a moment she seemed to give a sort of internal shrug before offering up, "Krepta." An odd name to be sure, but it was Halloween, and what was Halloween without a little strangeness.

And then she show began. At first Krepta was merely amused, watching him appear and reappear his cards. Then he started throwing them and she looked a little more intrigued, mismatched green eyes lighting up with hungry curiosity. She had only ever seen that once before, in a very far away place. It had been different then, of course. What was this guy's secret? Were they razor edged? A trick wall? Surely mere cards couldn't do that.

His joke got a genuine chuckle from the shapeshifter, but she seemed distracted still with his previous trick, watching him intently as he vanished and reappeared in the crescendo of his act before going to join the others on the dance floor.

After another moments thought, the devil got up to join the vampire on the dance floor.

Krepta herself couldn't dance. Or wouldn't. It was the same thing in the end, really. She hesitated at the edge of the crowd, pacing there like a caged lioness for a moment. She needed to approach this in a way that wasn't, well, her. Krepta had never been one for dancing around an issue, to excuse the pun, she saw what she wanted, went right in, and seized it by the throat. This place, these people, they didn't work like that though. She'd have to play by the local rules.

It was lucky that the small rumble of discontentment was lost in the noise of the crowd. No human had ever made a noise like that.

Krepta had tricks of her own, luckily.

She reached for the cat's mind-- but not all the way. Halloween or not, going fury in the middle of a dance party was bound to draw stares. She felt it's instincts sulk up behind her own mind, almost a personality of it's own. It peered out from behind her sullen yellow eyes-- hadn't they been green a moment ago? It was unimpressed with what it saw. She directed it's attention to the magician, their target. She could have sworn she heard it sniff. Off they went anyhow.

Krepta wound expertly through the crowd, and somehow now bore the cheap costume she was wearing like the perfect accessories. The ruby red sequins sewn to the horn and forked tail winked impishly whenever she passed beneath one of the party lights. Krepta didn't need a costume, after all, she was the devil in the room. Her path took her in an ever tightening spiral around her prey, one moment watching him with bright eyes through the crowd, the next gone entirely, only to reappear a moment later a little closer.

It wasn't long until she appeared not far behind one of King's shoulders. She slunk out and around him like a stalking panther. She wasn't dancing, but she continued to circle slowly, gracefully weaving in and out of the crowd as she did so, always just in ear and eye shot. She might as well have been.

"That was pretty good," she purred. The human part of Krepta's mind choked and almost recoiled in sheer embarrassment, but she let the cat do it's thing. She wanted to know more, not about the man, but about his trade. It could be useful in the future. To her credit, or maybe it was the sheer arrogance of the cat's mind overpowering her nerves, the brief stumble never once showed on Krepta's face. "Are you self taught?"

King gave Kosma a warm nod when she smiled at his tricks, ignoring the drunken ghost for the time being if only for the sake of the show. He didn't have time to wonder how the ghost had even gotten drunk to begin with or why it was close enough to bump into him. He had taken mental note of Krepta's name earlier, storing it in that massive memory of his for whenever needed. Mere cards thrown by humans would most definitely need to be razor edged or something, but King himself used kinetic energy to force them to fly with a rather ridiculous amount of force.

The vampire's enhanced hearing did pick up the slightest of odd noises but he had no way of pinpointing that it came from Krepta, mostly due to the mixture of other sounds he was being assaulted with on top of that. So, he had shrugged it off, thinking nothing of it in an old house like this. Being less than human, it didn't take King long to feel as though he was being circled by a shark. That guard rose, chocolate gaze catching the twinkle of sequins here and there. Didn't the devil wear sequins? Wait.. Where had she gone? It wasn't like him to lose sight of.. well.. anything and it alarmed him a little.

The closeness caused the primal edge beneath his own skin to grip at his spine in the form of clawed icy digits. Chills had erupted down the length of his back. Who was this woman? And the hell was she doing, circling him like some form of prey? It made him more than a little uneasy, but that poker face didn't show it. "Thank you," he spoke up smoothly, the uneasiness well under control, but that British accent seemed a little thicker. "No m'am," he smiled with a soft chuckle, "I have an incredibly talented magician (warlock) friend that let me in on some of his best secrets." Dark gaze was curious as he spoke again, "Are you a fan of magic?"

((Rolling for the raffle so I know who to draw. ;) ))

rolled 1d6 and got 2

((Annnd the winner is Merrin! I will start on your free art this weekend. Congrats!))

Kosma was telling a ghost to not show anybody whatever he was holding. But the ghost kept telling her they reveal the truth about her.
Krepta stopped circling at last, stopping to rest casually in front of him, one thumb tucked lazily into the loop of her jeans.

"It's got it's uses," she answered with a faint smile. "Call it an academic curiosity. I'd love to learn more about it." She tilted her head at him, studying him with those intense cat-like eyes. "I don't suppose you're taking students?"

Hell, if he was she had nothing better to do. If he wasn't, well, something about him had caught the cat's curiosity, and even if the human half of her mind didn't know what, she trusted her instincts, they were rarely wrong.

But holding onto the cat brain without letting the Shift happen was exhausting, and she couldn't hold it much longer. She could already feel her vision blurring at the edges, the cold sweat pouring down the back of her neck. She knew the charisma and confidence that came with it would go as soon as she let it go. Hopefully she had broken the ice enough that it wouldn't freeze over again as soon as it was gone. She supposed it wasn't the worst loss if it did, but picking up a few of those skills would make her life easier in a couple of different ways.

"Not now, of course," she heard herself say through the fog. She pulled a bit of paper from her pocket, and Krepta watched distantly as her hand wrote down an address. She handed it over with a wink. "But when you're done here, maybe you can look me up. This is where I'm staying."

Oh yeah, she thought at herself sourly, and when he finds out it's a similarly dilapidated house I'm sure he'll want to stay and teach card tricks.

She found herself almost laughing at the sheer audacity of the cat. A strong reminder why she didn't let it come out to play too often. It was even more incorrigible than the Dragon most days, and that was saying something. The independent and devil may care reputation of the animal was well earned.

kosma just watched it all. quiet . she then went upstairs to avoid people. she was sad and upset and silently cryed to herself.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: A Touch of Mayhem

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus