Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Princess's Plight (1x1)

Pythas Kennyrvirrea' (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Pythas wasn't having any problems with the horse and in fact she was an easier rider. She sat tall and smiled brightly.

"Yes, I used up my other rations. My former guard took the rest." She frowned (though it wasn't visible from where Johann walked below her), "I am fine with anything we have to eat. I don't need much to eat." She listened to the pause and looked annoyed when he spoke, "There is a town on the way. Foxmere is two days walk from here and then there is Greyspell and Iron Falls. The roar to the North-East of Iron Falls is the one we'll need to take, it goes into a thin path with three forks. We need to take the middle one up to the cliff side." She knew what she was talking about.
"Excellent!" Johann announced in response to the set of directions and paths given, actually sounding very approving of Pythas for once. "What's this about a cliff side?" He tilts his head up towards her as they carry on down the road. "Please tell me there are stairs leading up it-- Otherwise I'm going to have to stop being a gentlemen and haul you up there over my shoulder. As you can clearly see, Grímvarðr is not a pegasus."

Pythas looked horrified, "I can climb up the cliff myself if it would be the difference between you doing that and anything else!" She shook her head, "I can do that much for myself!" The idea of him touching her like that freaked her out.
"... the hell, woman?" Johann gave her the most incredulous stare. "Huh! I'll believe that load of bull when I see it, Princess," he grumbled at her. "Would it be an added layer of discomfort if I decided to haul myself up onto Grim behind you and hurry us on our way, too? Mayhap the strapping young dark elf should've thought to rent you a carriage and some rope with which to climb up the cliffs later on." Snark snark snark.

She made a face and set her mouth in a little line. She held her head a little higher, "I'll be fine. Please get up here. It'll cut our travel time in half. We might even be able to get to Foxmere by tonight if we both ride."
The dark elf's air of annoyance and snarkdom eased considerably. "Oh good, so you do have some sense." But not all the way. Curiously though, Johann didn't immediately jump at the opportunity to hoist himself up behind the princess. In fact, he eyed Pythas and Grim for a few seconds, obviously trying to puzzle something out to himself.

Pythas moved up further on the saddle, waiting for him to come up behind him. She was rigid and uncomfortable. If he knew anything about people, he might see that she wasn't used to being touched. He was practically a stranger! She gave him a sharp look, "Are you coming up or not?"
"Can it, Princess!" Johann snapped back in frustration. Something had gotten him all in a tizzy, and he wasn't making it immediately obvious what was going on yet until he actually started to try to get up into the saddle behind her, clumsily fumbling about in an attempt not to knock her down:

He's a very ungraceful rider.

Pythas sighed dramatically, "Let me down and you can get up first and pull me up. I don't want to be tossed off of your horse. I'm still aching from that fall earlier." While she couldn't get up on her own, she certainly got down just fine, "Let me help you." He touched his leg, "Slip this foot in here, and your hand here." If he'd let her, she'd guide him to the right spots. Her touch was soft and deliberate.
Johann almost glared at the sound of her sigh, but he did move away to let her dismount with ease. When she offers to help, however, the dark elf glared down at her hand as if it was causing great offense.

"Hmph! I can get up just fine now that your delicate lil' self isn't occupying it," the elf griped as he began to pull himself into Grim's saddle a bit easier since Pythas wasn't occupying the space anymore. How rude!

Pythas laughed softly, trying to hide her face. She looked down at the ground, "Well, you should have just said so, rather than making yourself look a fool. Can you help me up? I can't quite get back up." She reached up her arms to be lifted, otherwise she would begin to walk until he agreed to help her up.
Johann glowered at her and uttered another quiet "Shut up" under his breath. He isn't bothered enough not to help her back up, thankfully, and he leans over a little to reach down and hoist her up behind him.

"Hold on though-- I don't suggest you go wrapping your arms about me like I'm a dashing prince," the elf remarked.

Pythas was graceful and she took a hold of his belt. She suspected that she would be would be fine to ride without touching him, "No one would ever mistake you for a dashing prince. You'd have to be somewhat attractive or kind to those around you. Even the worst liar in the world would seem nicer than you." She smiled into his back - but it wasn't a happy smile.
"Oooh, owch, Princess, that really stings where it hits best," Johann faked being hurt, putting a hand to his heart. "I guess it's a good thing I don't intend on becoming a prince then. Grim, let's get." The elf's boots gently tap the large horse's sides, and Grim starts briskly walking down the road.

Pythas actually did laugh, shaking her head, "I don't know if anyone has ever told you this, but you're funny sometimes, even if it's in a wry, sarcastic way." She leaned forward, pressing her cheek into his back while the horse trotted. She closed her eyes and relaxed.

The road to Foxmere was an easy ride. The ground was well kept and even with few stones or groves - at least this close to the city.
Johann tensed quite a bit beneath his cloak at how uncomfortably close Pythas was now to himself, but he forced himself to keep quiet (and calm) and continue their course towards Foxmere.

...and it would stay quiet, too--Johann wasn't much of a man for making small-talk, obviously.

Pythas didn't move much. Once she was comfortable, she was comfortable. She wasn't used to the silence, but she accepted it with little protest. After all, she knew him well enough to know that interrupting the silence would be met with some sharp words.

Pythas let out a little sigh after a few hours. Riding was hard work and she was getting sore. She finally moved, using only one hand to hold his belt while she stretched.

rolled 1d6 and got 5
1-Bandits; 2-5 nothing happens; 6-she falls off the horse.

Blessed, prolonged Silence. Johann had honestly forgotten what that was like, and he found himself equally surprised yet pleased at the lack of unwanted activity these situations usually attracted. Oh blessed, lovely... silence.

Well, almost. He grimaced to himself at Pythas' sigh and peered back at her. "I take it you didn't ride on your first few days on the road, Princess?" the elf questioned but didn't mock--in all honesty, he was starting to feel a bit sore and stiff himself, as was evidenced by his shoulders rolling and popping.

Pythas nodded, "My guard didn't like horses and made me walk the whole way." She smiled, though, "It's not bad, though. I can last a few more hours, since things are going so well." She shifted, putting her other hand on his belt, stretching back again, her back popping loudly and unlady-like.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Princess's Plight (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus