Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Hidden Memories(1X1)

(Only between me and Olthain.)

Nara hid in an alley way as more people passed by. The city was dark, the moon was high and it was cold. Nara hugged herself, trying to keep herself warm. She was wearing a torn, old grey shirt that was big and dirty shorts. She was only 10 so she was pretty small, her long blue hair reaching to her ankles. Her blue eyes watched for movement before stepping out of the darkness and walking quickly down the sidewalk. She could barely feel her bare feet from the cold as she tried to stay silent. Her teeth were chattering, her breath visible in the air. She was hungry and cold but she kept moving, not wanting to get caught. Finally, Nara stopped in another alley and collapsed in the shadows, her back against the wall. She layed on her side and curled up, trying to get warm.
Kenneth Wildner (played by Freyya)

Kenneth Wildner was walking down the street, making his way to a temporary home in the city, a few blocks away. It was starting to get warmer again as the seasons turned to spring, but at this moment they were still stuck in the cold nights that happened in the transition between winter and spring. Deciding he'd had his fair share of cold weather, he made a split second decision to go through a series of alleys in order to cut some time off his trip home. He strolled through them casually, enjoying the cover from the cold winds offered by the buildings. Not that it wasn't cold, not by far, but they still took the wind away and that was in his opinion pretty much the best thing that could happen right now.

He saw the end of the alley and sighed, knowing he'd once again face the cold, whipping winds. He pulled the hood that came out from under his jacket over his head in advance. As he did this though, he noted movement to his right. He turned on his feet to face it making out a small figure cowering in a corner. He immediately walked over to it and bowed down, now seeing that this was a young girl, somewhere between 9 and 12 to his guessing, and she was barely wearing anything.
"Hey there, are you alright?" he asked. Not waiting for an answer, he quickly took of his thick leather and fleece jacket and wrapped it around her young body. It almost appeared like a dress to her. The wind now whipped freely at him, and he gasped at the sudden change. A black shirt was all protecting him right now, but he could care less. This girl had probably been out here far longer and his army training quickly took over, pushing the cold away and enduring it.
Nara Misuna (played by ChaoticDeath3) Topic Starter

Nara blinked before looking up at him. Her blue eyes studied him before swallowing." T-thank...you." Her voice was rough and cracked, making her wince. Her throat was dry and sore so she rubbed her throat a little. She tried to stand but collapsed, exausted. She shook her head, trying to wake up. She shivered and had goose bumps as her body finally felt warmer. She looked around, trying not to let her eyes shut.

"That won't do." Kenneth said. "Have you got a place to go?" he asked in a friendly voice to the shivering child in front of him.

Nara shook her head." I don't....even know anyone. I've been on my own......for as long as I can remember." Nara looked up at him." You should..have your coat back. You...look cold."

Kenneth was getting colder indeed, but he couldn't care less at this point. "C'mon, you're coming with me." he simply said, and scooped her up on his arms. He adjust her position so that she could take warmth both from just his body and the coat draped around her.

He started walking like that, drawing more than one glance from the other pedestrians hurrying home or somewhere alse to flee from the weather. Kind of by accident, they passed by Jackson's, Kenneth's favourite diner when it came to eating a quick meal in a comfortable environment. Kenneth walked into an alley with her and knocked on the worker's entrance door. Jackson himself opened, and after a few minutes talking back and forth, Kenneth and Nara were allowed in. They ended up in a little cozy room with some sofa's and a table, originally meant for any who work here to take their break when it was too cold to go outside. A waitress immediately arrived, and as Kenneth put her down on one of the couches, she immediately covered her with a warm blanket. Kenneth smiled thankfully and sat next to Nara as the waitress disappeared again.
"How are you feeling?" he asked the now completely wrapped up girl.

Nara nodded. She took off Kenneth's jacket and put it on the table before pulling the blacket around her tighter. She looked up at him, her cheeks red as she started to warm." Thank...you."

"Don't worry about it." Kenneth replied. "We can't stay here forever though. You really don't know where you live, or at least lived? I can't have you going out into the street like that again." he asked her.

Nara looked up at him." All I can remember......is waking up a month ago......in a lab." Nara sighed. She had nothing left of her previous life except for a necklace in her pocket.

Kenneth's eyebrow rose. He really didn't want to go into that right here, so he kept his questioning for later.
At that point, the waitress came back with a mug of warm chocolate milk and handed it to the girl. "Be careful," she said. "It's warm!" she smiled at the girl and left again.

Nara sipped the hot chocolate. She looked up at him." My name is Nara Misuna. What's yours?" Nara's voice softened and became lighter now that her voice wasn't dry.

"Kenneth Wildner." he replied and smiled. He was glad to see her warm up again and enjoy the hot chocolate. He then got to thinking. "well... I guess there's no real choice for you but to come with me. I doubt you want to go to an orphanage... Or do you?"

Nara blinked." You....want me to go with you? But you've only just met me. How can you trust me?" She looked up at him.

Wildner frowned at that. "Why wouldn't I trust you?" he asked. "Didn't you mean 'can I trust you'? he didn't know what she was talking about. "Anyway, I'll just take you to my flat. You can tell me all about yourself there, how does that sound?" he asked with a smile.

Nara blinked and looked down." I can't really tell you much. I can't remember anything except for what the people said." She looked at the steam coming from the hot chocolate.

Then I guess you'll have to come with me in that case." he smiled. "can't have you running around like you were can I?"

Nara looked up at him and smiled." Thank you." She put the mug on the table and yawned.

"Alright, let's go then." he replied with a smile. He got up and put his jacket back on again. "You can keep the blanket until we get home. I'll get you something better there."

Nara blinked before standing. She wobbled a bit but kept herself standing. She wrapped the blanket tighter around." So where exactly do you live?" She looked up at him with her blue eyes. She pushed her long hair behind her so it wouldn't get in the way but a part of it flopped back to cover her right eye.

"Not too far from here. If we walk it'll be a good ten minutes." he replied.
"You're not going in through the storm are ya?" it was the waitress again.
"Have to 'Shell. Can't stay here." he smiled.
"Well let me take you guys, I'm on my break right now anyway."
"Can't say I don't mind. Do you, Nara?" he looked down at the girl, who was still wrapped in a blanket.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Hidden Memories(1X1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus