Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Crusoe Hill (1x1) - (Closed)

Victor Hart (played by Ms_Draca)

A light breeze blows by shaking the branches on the trees of Crusoe Hill, freeing several leaves which drift about before settling down in the green grass below. Long yellow grass coats the dry hills down to the edge of the meadow where it mingles and melts into the shorter greenery, which in turn gives way to a thick forest over looking a cliff side. Below the cliff runs a sluggish river which acts as a boundary line between this property and the one beside it. The river once cut swiftly through this land before some beavers thought to make their home in it. At the other end of the property a red door is set into the side of one smallish slope. This small slope is Crusoe Hill which the rest of the land now takes its name from. In front of the door is a fire and between the two sits a young man or perhaps he's only a boy, it's hard to tell. He is dressed a shirt and pants made of rabbit fur. Brown, gray and white fur patched randomly together. A collection of old keys jingle on the cord tied around his waist as he shifts on the crate he's sitting on. His hair is sun bleached and unevenly cut roughly at shoulder length. His face, hands and feet are a leathery tan from the sun and his features have a hardness to them. On the fire sits a small pot which the boy stirs with a peeled and sharpened stick. The smell of cooking rabbit, garlic, onion, squirrel, salt and pepper catch in the breeze alerting anything downwind and not too far off that a stew is being made.
Pieridae (played by Inkliest)

Pieridae stalked his pray ever so quietly. Twenty yards away sat a fat white rabbit, perfect for dinner. He brought his bow up and knocked an arrow. He breathed slowly, carefully positioning the shot before he sent the arrow piercing through his target's body. The rabbit twitched twice and then remained still.

Picking up the target, Pieridae pulled the arrow out and placed it back in his quiver, he then hung the rabbit over his shoulder, where it rested next to the slight bulge in his shirt. This would make a fine dinner, but them he smelt something peculiar. It was faint but smelled of food. Pieridae never explore out too far this way and was unaware of anyone else being around. Comfortably placing his hand on his knife on his hip he walked towards the smell until he came A clearing with a fire in front of a red door. What was odd however, he only realized this as he approached the fire, was the rugged child making it. Pieridae just blinked.
Victor Hart (played by Ms_Draca) Topic Starter

Victor could see the hunter from a long ways away as an open meadow lay between the forest and the foothills where the boy made his home. The bay stared hard at the small man. It wasn't unheard of for people to pass through his land though usually they didn't stray so close to his home. The youth frown as he noticed the rabbit the man carried. He also noted the bow and that the man had an advantage over him should he prove hostile.

Pieridae walked up close to the fire and looked around, inspecting the area. He looked the boy up and down, not sure what to do, acting almost as if lacking ability for human interaction. He was confused what this boy was doing here so he stood there just glancing around.

Victor stared back at the man for a while longer. He didn't seem to be much of a threat at the moment. The boy fiddled with his keys to distract himself from his unexpected 'guest'. "Tresspassin' a crime," the boy said at last, "So is killin' game on private land." The young man's voice was gravely and little more than a growl. "What you gawkin' at?" he asked not liking how the man eyed him up, much like he himself did to other people.

Shrugging, Pieridae looked him up and down once more, ignorant of awkward situation he was making. Pulled the rabbit off his shoulder and tossed it onto the ground I front of the boy. He looked him in the eyes for a bit then finally spoke in a cold voice, "And living alone so young is not?"

The youth shrugs. "I'm fine," he says as he stirs at the pot with his sharpened stick. He doesn't touch the dropped rabbit. "If you're passin' through you can keep on passin' through," he says after a pause when the man doesn't leave right away.

Pausing for a moment, Pieridae looks around the clearing and then sits down. His green and white wings slowly unfold out of slits in his shirt as the back of his shirt flattens out. The hunting fae looks at the youngling, "Where is your family?" His cold tone was slightly inquisative.

"At their houses I guess. What's it to you where they are?" the boy answers. His eyes widen a little when the man's wings pop out. The boy seems fixated on them, staring at them more than the man they were attached to.

"It's nothing to me where they are little one." He caught on to where the boy's eyes were trained and shuddered his wings. "Why are you not at their house as well?" His fingers drummed on the wood of his bow, his doubt obvious.

The fluttering breaks the spell over the boy and his gray eyes drift to the man's face again. He narrowed his eyes as he answers the man. "I'm bigger than you are. I don't live with them. I live here," the young man states coolly, "You ask stupid questions."

The fae gave a half smile. "My interaction with people has been limited, please tell me, is that a threat?" He shook his head smiling a little bit bigger, "They aren't too stupid to the curious. So tell me youngling, why do you not live with them?"

"I'm not a 'little one'," the boy says, "I'm sixteen. I live here because I want to. I signed papers that say the land's mine. No one can make me leave since I own it. ...." He stops stirring the pot and moves it off the fire. ".... Why do you have wings?" he asks he stabs a piece of meat from the pot with his sharp stick.

"I'm a fae, why would I not have them?" The wings beat quickly and the fae jumps into the air, hovering a foot above the ground before decending slowly. Pieridae smirks a little before going back to his expressionless face.

The boy nearly drops his stick as he watches the fae. He looks a little surprised by the time the man lands. "So ... You're some sort of bugperson thing?" he asks not quite understanding what a fae was exactly other than some kind of giant bug/human hybrid. The boy raises his stick to his mouth and pulls the piece of meat off with his teeth. He chews slowly as he looks the man over again.

"If you would like to put it that way. I can assure you I am no part bug however." Pieridae shrugs and folds his butterfly style wings back under his shirt. "You have yet to tell me why you are not with your parents. Have I come across a run away?" Pieridae stands up and looks the boy in the eyes.

"I didn't get shot that's why," the boy says matter-of-factly in his naturally gruff tone. He always sounds cross weather he means to or not, he can't help it. "I don't remember them very much and the cemetery is much more crowded then out here is," he explains causally. "Why are you out here?" he asks the fae as he stabs a bit of onion from his stew pot with his stick.

Pieridae nods. "Hunting. It's what I've done since I was little." The fae puts down his bow and takes his quiver off. "The rabbit is good for eating, it's still fresh."

Victor finds it slightly odd the fae doesn't comment on his lack of parents as others have done. "I know what rabbits are for," he replies taking a bite out the speared onion chunk. "There's rabbit and squirrel in here," he says tapping his stick on the edge of the pot lightly before stab at the contents a few times to spear a few more piece of the meat and veggies floating inside.

"I could tell. I can smell it. Take it or leave it, it's a nice one. If you don't I will have it for dinner. You can join me for that if you wish. My camp is but a couple hour walk away, I have some dried meats and some recently picked mole berries." The fae paused, then added, "I'm not that much older than you you know. I'm still young, I don't know my actual age, but I'm not that old." Pieidae did his familiar shrug and waited for an answer.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Crusoe Hill (1x1) - (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus