Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » (OPEN) Warhammer 40K: Gospel of Screams

"Perhaps, but we should be trying to keep casualties to a minimum, unless we wish to get overwhelmed. Chaos influence grows by the moment however, It won't be long before the corruption spreads.

"Let me sense." the warlock said as he began to focus and closed his eyes under cover while trying to scan the catacombs for traces of psychic presence.

The warlock took a few breaths and slowly breathed in under his helm. What to him would be several moments of focus from within his own mind would elapse mere seconds as he attuned his mind into the signatures and signs within the catacombs showing any presence within the Warp, however he did so safely and this mental probing would allow him to view the situation from within the inner chambers as if it were a diagram. While he could undoubtedly sense the corruption of Chaos, and the souls and workings of his people, he was looking for more practical signals. In a sense, he was viewing to see what exactly was an obstacle that laid before them. However, as he did this he would have to be guarded from the rear and covered by the Imperials. This was a thorough mental scan of the chamber, thus he wanted to make sure he knew what the party faced ahead.

(OOC: Please describe what all would be inside the chambers.)
"I'm surprised that an Eldar would care for the lives of T'au. " Said Anastasia as she checked the charge on her laspistol.
She sent a quick text cast to her troops to keep the T'au out of the city by any means. The Inquisitor did not like this how were the T'au here; had he plotted it's location incorrectly it was entirely possible. Things had been unpredictable since the fall of Calidan. Could the planet have been moved; stranger things had happened
"Once we have acquired or destroyed the Gospel it would be best if we leave this blighted world." Said the Inquisitor
"You really want to leave it to the T'au?"
"We can divert some comets to do the Emperor's work; but I'm sure the warp will swallow this world again."
"I charge by the missile and you really expect me to let you onto the Requital?"
"If you were going to kill me you would do it face to face."
Brother Kragoth Doros (played by KingofHaddock) Topic Starter

While the group pressed on within the inner catacombs, the oncoming whirl of despoiled bolter fire became less frequent. It seemed as though the Iron Warriors had decided that pursuit was impossible -- or perhaps simply unimportant. The Space Marine felt a sense of nervousness caress his spine as he surveyed the immediate surroundings of the group; this was not at all fear. Such a primal emotion was something utterly obsolete in the mind of the Astartes, no. This tense feeling of dissonance was something far more abstract; almost as though his very psyche was manipulated by some impersonal force from the outside -- Ruinous or not, it mattered little. This tomb was heretical in Kragoth's eyes regardless; it was riddled with the trinkets and talismans of ancient Xenos -- annihilation was something the Eldar rightly deserved.

That being said, there was some unease about condemning a score of trapped spirits to the maw of Slaanesh. A literal eternity of suffering awaited those who crossed the Dark Prince, that being the entire Eldar race.

The catacombs themselves were jet black in colour, with standing colonnade which rowed across the subterranean hallway glinted like finely cut onyx thanks to the fluorescent orbs which dangled above the ceiling. Faceless arachnids circled the silver strobes like moths drawn toward a flame, floating within the rays despite lacking any wingspan or aerodynamic capability. The floor was rough and shamelessly opaque, bearing no reflection and bleached like bone. The broad footprints of Astartes soles littered the tanned wraithbone like eerie tracks, only masked by the mad retreat of the Tau squadron; alien hooves lapping across the ruinous markings. Whatever awaited the Imperials and their Eldar guide, the Tau would've encountered it first.

Kragoth kept his chainblade firm and beside his face, vertically still in the shape of the ancient crucifix -- another emblem of the Emperor in a bygone era, before he truly revealed himself to Mankind. Should any beast or heretic surprise the Astartes with a lunge, they would face the ridged and bloody end of his weapon first. He was ever ready for a battle, such was the way of the Space Marine.

Yet despite this, the way forward was clear, only the ghastly babble of long dead Eldar provided the group any outside company; the Tau were nowhere in sight.

"What is this place..?" Kragoth wondered aloud, penetrating the ongoing Imperial banter. "From a dark stronghold to an ancient crypt. But, we are hardly close to the Eye of Terror, are we?" He brooded. Of course, they were an uncountable light years away from that gate to the warp. Kragoth's confusion was justified by his sudden thrust from the now ruined world of Triandr. He knew little of how far the Empire of the Eldar stretched all those millennia ago, or what ties this 'Gospel of Screams' had to this crone world.

Regardless, all that mattered to him after they had contained this artifact was that this world be given the much needed treatment of an Exterminatus, The offshoot warband of Iron Warriors squatting within the crypt were welcome to join it.

Minutes passed, and still nothing emerged to harass the party, nought but the floating, grey limbs of these ethereal arthropods, clouding the ruined lens of Kragoth's helmet.

Until finally, their trek came to a halt. Awaiting the group was an abrupt dead end, an altar at that. Sat upon this bone-like edifice was a large tome of rugged leather, it's pages uncountable from the outside. Hovering above this tainted bible was a static, sparkling jewel, shaped in the fashion of a Human heart. Ghastly matter beamed from the many cracks upon it's ruby shell, crawling from it were the same hovering spiders that danced across the silver orbs. It was here that the Eldar voices were at their clearest. Of course, to the Rainbow Warrior's uneducated ears this mattered little; the dead spoke a language that was alien to his ears. It appeared from the beginning that these two relics were far more dangerous than they seemed, beneath the jutting stakes of bone beside the altar were the punctured, unmasked heads of the Tau fire warriors; their cold bodies and armour nowhere to be found. Cerulean ichor cascaded down the pikes of marrow, flooding the tanned ridges before forming to miraculously create the symbol of a spiked wheel.

"Any of you care to theorize what has happened here?" Kragoth asked aloud once more. "Clearly, something is watching us, bear that mind before you snatch this 'gospel' you so covet..."
(OOC: Oh dear, my rping on Discord left me to forget about this one...)
Amenhokhet (played by Caliburn)

(Might I be able to join? I have a character as you can see.)
Amenhokhet wrote:
(Might I be able to join? I have a character as you can see.)
((If you can think of a reason that they'd join the rest of the group sure))
Brother Kragoth Doros (played by KingofHaddock) Topic Starter

(I'll hit you both a pm.)

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » (OPEN) Warhammer 40K: Gospel of Screams

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus