Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Happy Holidays

nightmqre

Its now the 25th and I just got finished opening all my presents. I got loads of Forero Roche chocolate, a new Amazon fire tablet (which I'm using right now!!) Socks, a new mug, a new harry potter shirt, a Nintendo switch, arm warmers and cards against humanity!

While it may not seem much to some people, I couldn't be happier. Its far better than last year, and I'm extreme!y grateful. After what happened to me and my family, I'm not going to take anything for granted this year.

And to those who aren't having a good year... Hang in there.

Take it from someone who was homeless last Christmas: things will get better. You just have to understand that things go wrong in life whether its your fault or not. Life moves on, and though its hard, you have to keep pushing through the fields of darkness. If you don't even try, there's a 0% chance that you'll see the light and come out on top again.

I can't tell you that everything is going to be okay, because I'm not a magician and I can't tell. I'm not going to lie and say I know things will improve soon. It may take months, maybe even a year. But eventually, you'll rise to the top and you'll find that you're not only stronger than before, but you have come out a better person.

Please remember. You are loved. Cared for. You are worth more than anything.
Rogue-Scribe

Wise Words by StaticNightmares
StaticNightmares wrote:
Its now the 25th and I just got finished opening all my presents. I got loads of Forero Roche chocolate, a new Amazon fire tablet (which I'm using right now!!) Socks, a new mug, a new harry potter shirt, a Nintendo switch, arm warmers and cards against humanity!

While it may not seem much to some people, I couldn't be happier. Its far better than last year, and I'm extreme!y grateful. After what happened to me and my family, I'm not going to take anything for granted this year.

Take it from someone who was homeless last Christmas: things will get better. You just have to understand that things go wrong in life whether its your fault or not. Life moves on, and though its hard, you have to keep pushing through the fields of darkness. If you don't even try, there's a 0% chance that you'll see the light and come out on top again.

I can't tell you that everything is going to be okay, because I'm not a magician and I can't tell. I'm not going to lie and say I know things will improve soon. It may take months, maybe even a year. But eventually, you'll rise to the top and you'll find that you're not only stronger than before, but you have come out a better person.

Well said young lady! You are wise beyond your years! This comes from someone who has been around the sun some few more times than you, I have to say I am impressed with your words!

May you have a Happy Holiday season StaticNightmares and enjoy those gifts!
nightmqre Topic Starter

Dunedain-Ranger wrote:
Wise Words by StaticNightmares
StaticNightmares wrote:

Well said young lady! You are wise beyond your years! This comes from someone who has been around the sun some few more times than you, I have to say I am impressed with your words!

May you have a Happy Holiday season StaticNightmares and enjoy those gifts!

Aaaa thank you! :D Hope you're having a great holiday too!
MitsuHarp

Merry Christmas everyone. I thank you for all the effort that you put into each year.
Happy Holidays!

Your wording in this is on point and this really touched my heart. I’m so happy that you recovered from last Christmas. As said, everything happens for a purpose. You have to have something bad happen for a good product at the end. It’s just a way of testing your personality. ❤️
Glad to hear that your life has turned around. Honestly it is a miracle my life hasn't been worse considering some of the stupid mistakes I myself have made when I was a teenager, but it's good to hear about years of recovery like this, to remind people that things can get better!

Also loved your Reflection thread, though I dunno if I have much of meaning to contribute to it for this year.
It still amazes me that your only 13. Being homeless, and everything you must have suffered...,

You had to,grow up,really quickly didnt you. I have a lot of respect for you.

Merry Christmas Static, and I hope each day gets better and better for,you. And,if,you,have a bad day, know that,this,community here of,amazing people will have your back.

Just like you have some folks back here. Being supportive and kind like you are is a gift. Never lose it 💗

Thank you,for,being you.
Hey I also noticed in your personal profile you mentioned you're working on a group. Are you still working on it? I ask because the link says it can't locate that group.
Wow, can't believe I just saw this thread. It's interesting. I'm glad things have gotten better for you!
nightmqre Topic Starter

Subtleknifewielder wrote:
Hey I also noticed in your personal profile you mentioned you're working on a group. Are you still working on it? I ask because the link says it can't locate that group.

AHh, I deleted it because I wasn't actually getting anywhere with it at the time. Though I've been thinking of restarting it as I've had a lot more time to work on all the files I had set up and improve how they were phrased
StaticNightmares wrote:

AHh, I deleted it because I wasn't actually getting anywhere with it at the time. Though I've been thinking of restarting it as I've had a lot more time to work on all the files I had set up and improve how they were phrased
Ah, ok. Hit me up if you do decide to start it up again, I might be interested depending on the premise. :)
nightmqre Topic Starter

Ah, ok. Hit me up if you do decide to start it up again, I might be interested depending on the premise. :)
I

I started it back up yesterday ^_^
StaticNightmares wrote:
I

I started it back up yesterday ^_^
Oh nice! I like the info so far on Saltus and the general description--I look forward to reading about the rest of the lands!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Happy Holidays

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus