Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Shadowmore

Casvidan (played by Bonez)

Enter a medieval world that is plagued with hordes of the living dead. Those who have somehow survived the great war of the dead, now fight to remain amongst the living. Many once proud and flourishing kingdoms inhabited by all races from human to orc alike now have been scattered throughout the dying lands. They must put their petty squabbles aside in order to survive. Will you be a part of this new world or merely become another forgotten being? Come let us find out.
Ava (played by KatieTheGreatie)

Ava ran through her forest with a satchel full of herbs and magical items, on her way to her hut. She knew that if she did not make her protection spell by night fall, her forest would be in danger. Finally, she made it, and locked the door behind her. The items spilled all over her table as she emptied her bag. Ava rustled around her hut for preparation. After a moment, she began conjuring the spell. There was a lightning storm outside, the pressure rising. The sun couldn't be seen. After a while, the spell was complete, and the forest was once again protected. She sighed. "The dark magic is getting stronger...it's only a matter of time when my magic fails." She teared up. "I'm sorry, my friends." Ava grabbed her protection staff and went out for a patrol, looking for any threats there may be.
Casvidan (played by Bonez) Topic Starter

It had taken two days and three nights to fully prepare then place his loved ones and comrades to rest. The thunder over head did not bother him and the pouring rain merely washed the soil from the inked skin along his arms, chest and back. His ponytail nearly in shambles now due to all the labor and the weather as well. Finally the storm broke just as he gathered up his meager belongings
With one last look of the fallen kingdom, the now retired royal guard would slip away heading on no real direction just away from there. He did not have any real plan on where he was headed and well being sheltered as he was all these years, he did not have anyone to stay with. All he knew was now gone. A sigh escaped his lips while he slipped his weapon of choice into the sheath at his side and soon he would head off.
Maybe the mountains might be a good idea to end up. It would be a very long trip though and one he would make alone. The wilderness ahead of his seemingly endless between him and the mountains but what else was there.
Maybe a quick stop at a shop along they would make things easier but who knows if it is even still standing. He would be quite a sight if any were to see him like he was now.
He hoped there would be a end to whatever was going on....well either that or just an end for him. A solitary life was not one for those like him.

As Ava roamed through her forest, the animals hid in their homes from the rain, frightened from the lightning. Suddenly, she stepped in something gooey and sticky. When she tried to pull her foot away, it only tightened it's grip. Her eyes glew as she used her night vision. She gasped as she saw nothing but a dead forest consumed by a black disease. There were dead animlas, plants, and trees for miles. She teared up, and used her magic to light the black mass on fire, causing it to let go. Ava then, turned into an eagle, and flew around to see the damage. Almost the entire forest was consumed by a black disease, trees dying quickly. Her spell no longer works. She returned back to her hut and weeped, thinking of her options. She chose to gather the living animals and evacuate the forest. Ava gathered what she needed, dressed into her traveler's cloths, and made sure the forest was completely empty. Before she could leave, she looked back at it. Ava was born in that forest, was raised in that forest, and was supposed to protect it. But whatever killed the forest and everything in it was too powerful. She moved on alone, the guilt of her failure weighing her down. The mountains were her best bet for survival, and set her course there. Since her forest was close by, it would take only a short time to get there. She braided her hair back so it was out of her face, some of the water draining out and dripped on the wet ground. Trying to gather the strength to move on, she began humming as she trudged her way to the mountains. She had a dangeous journey in front of her.

Through the murky looking wilderness he would trudge forward. He made himself look away from the decaying animals and yet he knew of what was causing this plague upon the land. This same plague was responsible for his kingdom and those near it to fall. Once proud people were now either like these animals on the side of the path or scattered who knows where.
The large awe was now unsheathed and held at his side knowing he needed to be prepared for what might be on the other side of this wilderness. A brow perked up a moment when he caught sight of lingering smoke. The smoke itself had already turned white so he knew the fire at its base was nearly out. He finally exits the wilderness and comes to a stop just long enough to glance up towards the approaching mountains.
This in itself brought a smile to his face since he would be returning to his home soon. All too familiar sounds would be heard gathering around him in the darkness which caused him to drop his things and ready his axe "Come already. I have not all night for this."
Soon the once living band of bandits and thieves would surround him...now they looked a bit off and that was putting it nicely. His axe found it's new temporary home in the chest of the large dead force dropping him to the ground. Seeing as the axe was now stuck, he unsheathed twin hand axes from his back and went about hacking and slashing his way through a couple more dead who got close enough. Their groans and wails only made the surrounding area more creepy.

The raining had stopped by the time she reached the bottom of the mountain. Of course, leaving a muddy trail ahead of her. She sighed, and marched forward. Step by step her feet sank into small muddy puddles on the forest floor. Eventually, when she reached farther in, the ground became more stable, and easier to walk on. She sighed in relif, and continued. Suddenly, she began to feel a presence. And it wasn't peaceful. She looked all around to see if she can spot the something that was now following her.
Suddenly, two undead orcs sprung from behind the trees. She gasped, and used her staff as a weapon. Since their heads we're already falling off, all she had to do is take a heavy blow to both of their heads. She did just that, and stole their weapons. After, she looked at the sky. It was night. Ava knew how dangerous the forest could be, so she found the tallest tree and climbed it, setting up camp in it's branches. She tried to sleep, but couldn't. Her forest was dead, and all that lied within it.

After a few minutes the fighting was nearly done. Casvidan was growing tired now. With the last of the undead things finished off, he would go about looting the bodies. He wondered if this was considered stealing. He pondered that over for a couple minutes before shrugging his shoulders and looting them anyway. He figured that the beings that used to be these dead things were now in a better place and no longer needed such trivial things
He gathered up his own belongings and placed the packs upon his back once again. The twin hand axes were now sheathed at his back and the large axe now at his side. He decided to walk for a little while longer.
A good two miles later he finally decided to stop and rest up for the night. He found a large tree and ends up sitting upon the ground leaning against it. That big axe once again laying across his lap since he never knew what could happen while he slept.

Ava had dozed off in the tree, egsauhsted from her stress and emotions. Suddenly, the wind blew, and shook the tree's branches. The treebranch which she was nestled on began to crack, which started to wake her up. Suddenly, when another strong gust of wind came, the branch snapped in half, causing her to fall. She screamed, and fell, but managed to catch herself on a lower branch, clutching to it with one arm, then both of them when she had the chance to swing herself upwards without falling. When she looked up, she noticed that the branch she was laying on was old, and rotting away. 'I shouldn't have screamed. I might have caused too much attention, leading my enemies right to me.' She took a breath to calm down. She adjusted and tightened her grip on the smaller branch and hoisted herself up. Ava thought to herself, 'Perhaps I should just move on. The wind would only keep me cold and awake anyway.' At that moment, the treebranch benith her suddenly gave way, causing her to fall all the way down to the forest floor. Normally, a fall like that could kill a human, but since she was not human, and magic, it only hurt her. Ava coughed, and rolled over on her back, groaning in pain as her ancle felt as if it were shattered. She sat up slowly and held it, crying silently. Using her magic, she managed to restore and heal it, but the pain was still fresh.
Ava picked up her staff from the other side of the tree and suddenly noticed a large man sleeping against the tree. She froze, seeing all of his weapons and thinking of how much trouble she would be in if she woke up. Slowly she made her way to her staff, and managed to retrieve it. She took a sigh of relief, and stood up with the help of leaning on her staff. Ava began to walk on slowly so she wouldn't make the man wake uo. Not noticing the tree stump in front of her, she tripped with an oof and the snap of a twig sounded loudly.

He had slept for a couple hours before feeling the wind pick up. He remained where he was sitting not moving a single muscle. He had trained for years to do this so that if he ever needed to act like he was dead he would be able to look the part.
He did however hear the branching in the nearby tree snapping then the thump on the ground just feet from him. He did his best not to smirk knowing if he did it would give him away. Once the female had managed to move off, he finally opened his eyes to watch her. He noticed that she was not injured and judging by her choice of weapon that she knew magic.
"Fair ye well miss. I mean ye no harm so do not be afraid of me please." His voice was deep but held no malice in it.

She was calmed by the voice, not expecting a man such as him have a voice like that. She slowly sat up and turned around to look at him. "I did not know a man such as you could have a voice so calm. I am sorry if I have disturbed your slumber. I mean you no harm." Ava slowly stood up, the pain in her ancle still biting. She leaned against the tree. "Are you seeking the refuge of the mountains as well?"

His head would lay back against the tree while he looked over to her "Yes I am heading there myself. If it still stands, we can find safety in a structure there." He slowly stands the axe held firmly in his right hand. A moment later the axe is sheathed to his side "Let me guess you are what the locals around here called the spirit if the woods. I always wanted to meet the one who took care of it and the animals inside."

Ava slightly smiled at his words. She felt flattered that she was even called something. "Well, someone hath to keep the animals and the forest healthy. I loved it." Her smile disappeared at the recent memory of her dying forest.
"I loved all of them," she looked away in shame. "But I failed them. I failed the forest. This black disease. This...darkness." She closed her eyes, then got herself together to have a conversation.
"I'm sorry. I don't mean to make ye feel sorrow," she looked up at him. "Ye mentioned some sort of home in the mountains?"

Again he would nod his head "Indeed I did. If it still stands it will be safe." He stretches out briefly before taking a couple steps forward to stand a couple feet to her right side "This land will have life again. It may take awhile but it will flourish again." His right hand would rest upon his axe while his left is offered to her "The name is casvidan by the way."

"Ava." She took his hand slightly hesitantly. "So does this mean we're continuing on as a team? I seek refuge as well."

He slowly brought the held hand up to briefly meet his lips. A soft kiss is placed upon the back of her hand before he let's the hand slip from his grasp "A pleasure and yes we can go together." A smile is offered to her.

"Hm. A gentleman as well. Never thought a brute like you would have such a personality. Usually all there is, is stupidity and thinks only of food, violence, and women. But I warn you brute," A violent red color glowed in her eyes as flames shot out of her arms and feet, her voice echoing like a demon, "if thoust shall try anything on myself, I will leave and continue this journey on my own and leave you the mark of a coward." She warned him. "Now, do you know the way?" She went back to normal and smiled at him.

He narrowed his eyes while watching her. He was not one to be threatened like that. He shrugs it off and starts heading towards the mountains again. He did now answer her first if he did it would not have been with words so he kept silent while walking on. Soon he would come across a not so used trail and smirks clearing the way a moment before heading down the trail.

Ava followed him, happy she had someone to talk to and be around her. She looked at his tattoos and scars, wondering the story behind them and where he's been. "Are you a hero? Or maybe a foe to heros?"

He could not help but chuckle hearing her now "Well neither really. I spent my life in the service of a king and his family. When I was of age I enlisted in the guard and years later I became the leader if his personnel royal guard."
He sighs lightly as he became quiet. The loss of that life still fresh and it hurt him.

She could tell he lived a painful service, and possibly a painful life. She decided to lighten the mood. "I mean, with arms that size there's no wonder you were the king's royal guard. I bet you can snap the skulls of your enemies esaly." She chuckled. After a pause, she cought up to him and broke the silence. "What are your plans now that the world is over?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Shadowmore

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus