Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Who also likes Gordon Lightfoot?

Abigail_Austin Topic Starter

Another great story-song I love:

"The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers. Love that song.
Abigail_Austin wrote:
zombie_shiva wrote:
Threads like this make me love this forum. I'm off to go listen to Don Quixote on repeat seventy six more times.

Lol. Yay.

You mean the audiobook of that novel or is that a song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJB0nCv0qxk

Enjoy!

zombie_shiva wrote:
Abigail_Austin wrote:
zombie_shiva wrote:
Threads like this make me love this forum. I'm off to go listen to Don Quixote on repeat seventy six more times.

Lol. Yay.

You mean the audiobook of that novel or is that a song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJB0nCv0qxk

Enjoy!

Yay...I like it. Thank you! Go Gordon
I know who Gordon is. The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald is played on the anniversary of it's sinking every year on one of our local radio stations. I know that one very well from hearing it so much and also because Lake Superior is actually one of the Great Lakes which surrounds Michigan, the state where I live. So the story of the ship is very well known around here.
Rogue-Scribe

Tell me people know Arlo Guthrie?

Alices Restaurant gets a lot of FM rock radio station airplay on Thanksgiving in the USA.

It's even a decent movie.
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Arlo Guthrie son of woody Guthrie. Woody Guthrie inspired a guy from my state robert Zimmerman to change his name to bob dylan. The rest is history. "How does it feel to be on your own. With no direction home like a rolling stone".

Dunedain-Ranger wrote:
Tell me people know Arlo Guthrie?

Alices Restaurant gets a lot of AirPlay on Thanksgiving in the USA.

Haven't heard this, unfortunately, but know and like Woody Guthrie, of course. :)

Raspberry wrote:
I know who Gordon is. The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald is played on the anniversary of it's sinking every year on one of our local radio stations. I know that one very well from hearing it so much and also because Lake Superior is actually one of the Great Lakes which surrounds Michigan, the state where I live. So the story of the ship is very well known around here.

Cool
Dravelion

My goodness, I never expected to find people that'd like Gordon Lightfoot! I'm a huge fan, listened to all his albums and play quite a few of his songs, too! Funny enough, we share the same birth date. I saw somebody say he's 78, he's actually 80! Love all of his tunes and songs... Perhaps I might host a few evenings where people can get toghether and listen to folk music?

(Along the lines of John Prine, Harry Chapin, John Prine, Joni Mitchell and many, many more!)
Rogue-Scribe

Dravelion’s Post
Dravelion wrote:
My goodness, I never expected to find people that'd like Gordon Lightfoot! I'm a huge fan, listened to all his albums and play quite a few of his songs, too! Funny enough, we share the same birth date. I saw somebody say he's 78, he's actually 80! Love all of his tunes and songs... Perhaps I might host a few evenings where people can get toghether and listen to folk music?

(Along the lines of John Prine, Harry Chapin, John Prine, Joni Mitchell and many, many more!)

I’ve been listening to John Prine since I heard him on KZAM 92.5 FM in Seattle in the early 70’s. I heard his song ‘Dear Abby’ on Dr Demento around the same time. The song of his that brings a tear to my eye every time is ‘Sam Stone’. I knew too many ‘Sams’ who came home from Vietnam and never could get themselves straight.
LakotaSiouxWarrior

How about neil young? Quite the artist.
Rogue-Scribe

John Prine.... from the 1970's... I knew I would cry listening to this again....

Rogue-Scribe

Shadow-Ranger wrote:
John Prine.... from the 1970's... I knew I would cry listening to this again....

It stung to hear John passed away a couple weeks ago from the damned Covid19...
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Bob Dylan is a remarkable artist putting out albums at 79.
Rogue-Scribe

Abigail_Austin wrote:
Another great story-song I love:

"The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers. Love that song.

It was sad when Kenny passed away.... he didn't want to deal with covid19 and knew when to 'fold them'.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Who also likes Gordon Lightfoot?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus