Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Anime suggestions

I second the suggestion for Gargantia on the Verduous Planet on Netflix. It’s only 13 episodes and very very excellent.
Anime??

I have been summoned!!!

to name a few

-Akagami no Shirayukihime

-Ouran High School Host Club

-Kakuriyo: Bed and Breakfast for Spirits

-Kamisama Kiss

-mY HeRO ACaDEmIa

-Tokyo Ghoul

-Soul Eater

-Death Note

-Sailor Moon

-My Neighbor Totoro
Film wise, just about any Studio Ghibli work. Princess Mononoke is my ultimate favorite, but Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind is really great, and you can't go wrong with Kiki's Delivery Service, The Cat Returns, or Castle in the Sky.

Summer Wars is a good one (it's pretty much an anime take on Ready Player One, if that at all catches your interest).

The Boy and the Beast is by the same studio, and is really good, too.

Paprika and Akira are great if you want a trip (and Akira is a classic).

Series wise, there's Ghost in the Shell, My Hero Academia, Ouran High School Host Club, One Punch Man, Devil is a Part Timer, The Seven Deadly Sins, Magi (Start with The Labyrinth of Magic, that's the first 'series' in a much larger universal series), Your Lie in April is good for a heartstring puller, for certain Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Little Witch Academia is a short run series but its super cute.

They're a different style of animation, but The Dragon Prince is really good (Same developers as Avatar the Last Airbender), and Guillarmo del Torro's Tales of Arcadia series (Trollhunters is complete and definitely worth the watch, 3Below dropped recently on netflix and it's ongoing at present, and there's going to be a third unique installment to the Arcadia universe after that).

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Anime suggestions

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus