Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Wisdom. lol

The way to tell how funny your joke was is by seeing where your friend's response falls on the following scale:

Ha - Mildly amusing

Lol - Funny.

LMAO - Very Funny

ROTFLMAO! - Wow, what did you say?!

How to be confusing

Put hearts at the end of messages without explaining them.

ex. "Hey.... <3"

Way to neutralize the romantic connatation of a heart:

Put a smiley face in front of it.

ex. " Hey.... :) <3 "

Then instead of "Hey.... love you" it comes off like "Hey.... Friendship love you!"

(These are just the my own opinions and kind of get a kick out of them, but this is mainly to be funny!)
I always thought several ha's in succession was above lol, maybe above or below lmao myself....what do you think of that?

Also what of hehe or various versions of it? I find myself using hehe a lot

And can I safely assume caps or no caps is an 'upper' and 'lower' version of the same word? (I.e. LMAO is just above lmao but on the same level everywhere else)

Maybe I am over analyzing here hehe (oops I mean lol) 💖😁
Abigail_Austin Topic Starter

Voldarian_Empire wrote:
I always thought several ha's in succession was above lol, maybe above or below lmao myself....what do you think of that?

Also what of hehe or various versions of it? I find myself using hehe a lot

And can I safely assume caps or no caps is an 'upper' and 'lower' version of the same word? (I.e. LMAO is just above lmao but on the same level everywhere else)

Maybe I am over analyzing here hehe (oops I mean lol) 💖😁

ALL VERY IMPORTANT QUESTIONS, MY FRIEND!

We must find out for the good of mankind!

In my head it goes like this:

haha = hehe = lol
HAHA = HEHE = LOL
lmao!
LMAO!
hahahaha! = lmao!
HAHAHAHA! = LMAO!
hahahahahaha! = rotflmao!
HAHAHAHAHA!=ROTFLMAO!

What do YOU think, though?

We needs lots of opinions so we can see if people are percieving lols differently! ;)
Omg now I need numbers. How many ha's draws the line for a teir 2 or teir 3 Haha or hehe? It looks like you have 5 for t2ha and 6 for t3ha (lmao/hahahahaha)

I just edited mine! Because you're right. That's too close! I think 4 ha's constitute a t2h (<-- LOL! btw), and 6 ha's constitute a t3h. But I had to put 5 of the big "HAs," instead of 6, so the chart would look better on the phone here. :) I guess the number is subjective, but beyond three i think you're saying it's really funny! Good point..

But what about " XD " ........

usually if it's just a "lol" I assume it wasn't that funny but I'm one of those people that types 'asldfklfhkglk' or some other sequence of keyboard smashing if I thought something was hilarious. 'LOL' and 'LMAO' capitalized also mean i thought something was funny and that's typically how my friend circle interacts 🤔
Actually.....now that I'm thinking about it.....maybe the whole world should just stop with the Haha hahahaha and hahahahahaha....we can use this new formula t2h t3h etc to portray our amusement levels.....I'm sure this can carry over into emojis also but how....hmm 🤔

Peachcakes wrote:
usually if it's just a "lol" I assume it wasn't that funny but I'm one of those people that types 'asldfklfhkglk' or some other sequence of keyboard smashing if I thought something was hilarious. 'LOL' and 'LMAO' capitalized also mean i thought something was funny and that's typically how my friend circle interacts 🤔

Good to know!

I like the efhrllrefdss! thing too. I think it's top tier!

Voldarian_Empire wrote:
Actually.....now that I'm thinking about it.....maybe the whole world should just stop with the Haha hahahaha and hahahahahaha....we can use this new formula t2h t3h etc to portray our amusement levels.....I'm sure this can carry over into emojis also but how....hmm 🤔

LMAO -- right? We must present our research at the next big social media conference! "High fives VOL*

Ok Vol. We are a good team. Now let's solve that pesky global warming thing.
Serafina Ana Mariano (played anonymously)

hehe...that's my awkward laugh.
Abigail_Austin wrote:
Ok Vol. We are a good team. Now let's solve that pesky global warming thing.

I have the perfect solution

I have been saying for years now the easiest way to stop producing greenhouse gasses....is to simply stop building greenhouses. Omg it's that simple t2h

T2hhhhhhhh!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Wisdom. lol

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus