Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Eternal Life -Or- Mortality

In this scenario, I take the apple.
Though, that's more to do with my "I may as well take the opportunity and see what I can do with it" side of me, rather than preferring immortality over mortality.
I'd take the apple and take a bite -- and then bring it with me to share with my closest friends, if they are interested so I won't have to be all lonely.

Now if that's considered cheating I'd still do it - I prefer seeing my friends die over just not existing anymore, in both scenarios you'll end up not being with them anyway.
JustAGuy wrote:
Delliema: You are walking in the woods when you come across an old dying tree, it sparkles at the light reflects off of it. It seems to be an apple tree, but it is far too frail and old to provide apples anymore. Or is it? A single apple hangs low from a branch as the weak branch cannot support the weight of even something as light as this apple. Walking up to this apple something calls out to you. Take a bite from this apple, and you will live forever. Looking around you see no one who could have said that, you return your attention to the apple

-Do you eat it and become immortal
OR
-Leave it be and walk away, staying mortal

At first, I thought maybe this would go in the game section, but its more than just simple would you rather, I really wanna see some reasoning as to why you chose your answer

Burn the apple. Burn the tree.

As a person whose bucket lists consists of living 1 year into the next century, I wouldn't want to experience or others to experience a "living death" (where everything except you grows, changes, and dies), that leaves you as a historic anamoly: the last thing in the far, dark future. A person who has experienced every action and has said every word, there ever was and ever will be. And still, you'd live! Incredibly ancient, deathly bored and forever alone.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Eternal Life -Or- Mortality

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus