Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Is it just me or do you find Doms hard to find?

HyperDustChicken

My main problem with the whole sub/dom thing is that most people (that I've RP'ed with at least) is that the sub HAS to be the bottom. The issue for me here is that 1) things don't always work like that in relationships and 2) it usually means the dom has to take the initiative for everything. The sub is always so shy and innocent and the dom has to forcefully drag them out of their shell. Those RPs burns me out so fast because I get so little to work with.

Some of the best dom/sub RPs I've had I played subs that were outgoing, flirtatious and enjoying casual relationships and doms that were younger, less experienced and/or physically smaller than the sub or are socially and emotionally awkward.

I don't really do RPs anymore that requires me to stick to the dom/sub dynamic since it's proven to make the relationships more interesting and balanced, but of the dom/sub is right, I don't mind going back to it.
Gaelikitten wrote:
My main problem with the whole sub/dom thing is that most people (that I've RP'ed with at least) is that the sub HAS to be the bottom. The issue for me here is that 1) things don't always work like that in relationships and 2) it usually means the dom has to take the initiative for everything. The sub is always so shy and innocent and the dom has to forcefully drag them out of their shell. Those RPs burns me out so fast because I get so little to work with.

Some of the best dom/sub RPs I've had I played subs that were outgoing, flirtatious and enjoying casual relationships and doms that were younger, less experienced and/or physically smaller than the sub or are socially and emotionally awkward.

I don't really do RPs anymore that requires me to stick to the dom/sub dynamic since it's proven to make the relationships more interesting and balanced, but of the dom/sub is right, I don't mind going back to it.

Exactly this! After awhile it's like you're writing the same story over and over.
Middle-Age-Murder Topic Starter

Bunny wrote:
Gaelikitten wrote:

Exactly this! After awhile it's like you're writing the same story over and over.

Yeah I can see that for sure. Happened to me when I tried taking the lead. I guess having those labels can shut down a sense of partnership.
Ozzyotter3001

The most annoying part for me is that a lot of people think that my most submissive characters would be great at being dominant.

And honestly, yeah, they would! But too bad. They're not.

People have said the same thing about me as a person and I say the exact same thing. Too bad. But at least I have the reasons of having an inferiority complex to other people, and simply just not enjoying being dominant in the first place.

When a fellow sub tries to get me to dom, I always just resort to offering mutualism. That's as far as I can go, really.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Is it just me or do you find Doms hard to find?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus