Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Slowing down for a bit - computer issues

Hey guys!

I'm having some computer issues, and my monitor is not working anymore whatsoever. I've had some problems before but they could be solved by shutting the computer down completely for 30 minutes. Currently, my monitor isn't even starting up anymore. I'm looking into buying a new one as quick as possible.

I'm not saying I'll fully abandon my RP's for now, that would be a bad idea. However I'll be slowing down on them, replying with whatever device I can get my hands on :') if the posts aren't too long, I can reply on my cell Phone or PSP, but the RP's who require longer replies may take a bit longer.

I'm sorry for the issues this might be causing, I'll try to fix it as quick as I can!

greetings,
Olthain
Sanne Moderator

I'm sorry to hear this!!

Are you absolutely sure it's your monitor and not your graphics card? Shutting down your computer usually doesn't influence the monitor's ability to actually turn on or off. It sounds like your monitor is fine and your graphics card overheated and burned out.
Freyya Topic Starter

Nope, it's definately my monitor. I started my pc earlier and my monitor didn't work, so without shutting down I plugged in my brother's monitor and that worked perfectly.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Slowing down for a bit - computer issues

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus