Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » SET vs Zombies (1x1 rp with Oaky)

"GOSH DANGIT!"
"What's wrong?!"
"I'm out of ammo. All the rest is in the Tank, and the Tank is a couple of blocks away from here, surrounded by brainsuckers."
"That could be an issue..."
Randall and Joshua stood there on the roof, staring down in frustration at the zombies below them.
"Don't waste your arrows," Randall sighed. "Not yet. Let's just think about this a moment... How are we gonna get out of here?"
Flynn (played anonymously)

Enter Austin- An intrepid Space Explorer/Super Soldier/Guy with a suit of armor who just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

He and the rest of SET had been alerted of the zombie outbreak shortly after it happened. Unfortunately, many of the members were held back due to [REDACTED]

So, long story short, Austin was one of the only ones out here. Dangit.

After some silent plasma shots permanently disabled the synapses of the walking dead's brains, he ran up and put his hands over the mouths of the two boys.

"Stay low and follow me."
Randall and Joshua Nyes (played by LuciferBrimstone) Topic Starter

They froze fearfully- they had never had good experiences with things like this before. It was part of the reason why Randall was so antisocial around strangers.
Randall instinctively threw an elbow behind him, hoping to actually hit something- he was pretty freaked out and jittery so his aim probably wasn't the best. Josh went the more subtle route: he clutched at the hand over his mouth, his eyes wide, letting out a muffled yelp.

Randall's elbow would collide with the hard metal of Austin's armor. Hands unmoving, Austin's helmet leaned in close to the two boys' ears.

"I'm not going to hurt you. Stay close to me if you want to live."

With that a plasma rifle materialized itself in Randall's hands, replacing his pistol, and Austin dropped into a crouch and walked slowly ahead of the two, motioning to follow.

Randall winced, his elbow stinging from the collision. He quickly forgot the pain, however, when a strange, wicked looking gun he had never seen before materialized into his hands.
"What...?"
He looked up to find himself alone; Josh had already followed Austin quickly and was waving at his brother to follow.
"Hey! A warning would've helped," he hissed quietly, running after them and getting used to the weight of his new weapon.
He was going to kill Josh- that stupid, trusting idiot.

Yay for fun times! Austin's In-Helmet display told him that there were too many zombies out here to draw attention to himself. Not for his own safety, but for Josh and Randall's.

"All this activity... Damn, what were you guys doing out here, anyway?" Austin stopped and popped off a shot with his Flechette Launcher. (A high-powered magnet rifle designed to shoot bits of shrapnel or specially crafted Flechettes at enemies for silent, efficient kills.)

"Is that your car?" He gestured to the '69 Dodge Charger.

"Supplies, why?" Josh replied, limping after Austin. "We wouldn't have come if we had known a horde was sweeping through- who are you?"
"Yeah, that's our car," Randall growled, whipping around to cover their backs. "How'd you get here, and what the hell is it I'm holding? Never seen anything like it before."

"I'm the guy who's saving your lives." Austin chuckled inwardly. This whole "mysterious stranger" thing could be fun.

"As for the weapon you're holding- That's classified experimental government plasma weaponry. Don't tell anyone I let you have it, okay kid?"

He took out most of the zombies around the car- silently- and began creeping his way towards it, motioning for the twins to stay put.

"Watch my back."

Randall looked at him incredulously, then looked down at the gun. "Sweet." He brought it up to his shoulder, hoping the thing was loaded. "Josh, watch my back."
"Yeah, yeah, sure. Don't need to tell me," Josh mumbled back, nocking an arrow to his bow and looking around.

After checking everything out, Austin looked over at the twins and motioned for them to get in the car. He got in the driver's seat and shut the door. "We're all clear, guys. Let's go."

Randall was immediately aggravated. "Wh- he- did you see that- he- WHAT?! OH NO HE DIDN'T!"
"Randall, shut up and get in the car," Josh said with a deadpan expression, shoving the shocked Randall ahead of him.
"But- but- that's my car- MY car-"
"Shut up and get in the car!" Josh shoved him in unceremoniously, sliding in next to him.

Austin looked back at Randall.

"What, you want shotgun?" He chuckled before his armor dematerialized, and he turned the key in the ignition. He was wearing a white t-shirt with an odd pattern, what looked to be circuits made of cloth, and denim jeans. He briefly pushed his hair out of his eyes before adjusting the rear-view mirror and shifting into gear.

"You guys buckled up back there?"

Randall was speechless with indignation and fury; the Tank was his baby, after all.
"Just- just be gentle with her," he finally snapped, his eye twitching.
"We don't have seatbelts," Josh commented, searching for one. Randall elbowed him angrily. "Ow! Chill out, geez!"

Austin sighed. "And this is street legal?" He rolled his eyes. After being an official for so long, it was hard not to be conscientious of these things. Didn't matter though, he put his foot to the pedal and drove off.

After a while of driving, he looked in the rear view mirror at the boys. "If you're really that curious, I'm a SET Operative. SET is a... Well, we originally started as military- Weapons tech manufacturing, you see. Now we're more of a... Crisis management organization. You'd be surprised how often that's needed around here. Call me Austin."

"Who cares if it's street legal? It's the end of the friggin world," Randall hissed, his shoulders hunched defensively.
"Sorry about him- he's just upset cuz he's not driving-"
Randall snapped at his brother, causing Josh to pull his hand back.
"Hey! No biting!"

Austin tried hard not to laugh, the two twins were quite amusing.

"Yeah, I know. But it was, in theory, able to be bought and sold and driven on a road. Without seatbelts." Austin chuckled. "But it's far from the end of the world. Trust me, I've seen much worse." He winked at Josh.

After some time in silence, Austin looked in the mirror again. "So what're your names?"

"I'm Joshua, he's Randall," Josh replied, chipper as ever. "I'm the younger of the two of us. Twins, if you haven't already guessed it. Funny, we get a lot of strange looks when we tell people we're twins, because we're pretty much exact opposites, although you probably already guessed that by now too-"
"Josh, you're gonna make the guy's ears bleed," Randall sighed. "I know mine are."
"Wait- no way- lemme see-"
"Don't touch my ear!"
"You liar!"
Ect., ect.

"Well Josh, Randall, it's good to meet you. Where are you from?"

As they drove, the twins might notice some people wearing similar armor to Austin's, and they were firing rifles similar to Randall's at the zombies. Austin, of course, thought this was perfectly normal and didn't think anything of it.

"Technically we're from Dallas, Texas, but now we live in- WHOA," Josh yelped, jumping back, startled at the sight of all these random people with weird guns and strange armor shooting at the zombies. "Where the heck did they come from?!"
Josh had collided with Randall when he jumped back, and his brother beat him off hot-temperedly. "Get off me- I'm guessing you know these people? They look like you did when you first showed up."

"I'm from Texas myself! Glad to see some other people from the great state-" Austin looked around before realizing what the twins were looking at. "Oh, them? They're the clean-up crew."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » SET vs Zombies (1x1 rp with Oaky)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus