Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Westcoast High

It was the first day of the school year, and Jennifer couldn't be more excited. It meant a new start to her life. She had just been placed in a new foster home over the summer, about 2 hours away from her previous one. She had a rough start to life, being abused by her parents. But she was determined to escape it all and start fresh.

As she walked into the main building, she sat down on a bench, as her first class didn't start until 30 minutes later. She checked her phone and sighed. She would have to make all new friends. She wondered where she would even start.
Less Extensive Roleplays (played by Folklore)

((I'm gonna go ahead and respond if that's chill?))

A small gaggle of girls stood off to the side of the grand entrance lobby of the school. One of them was tall girl whose pale face still had traces of the unfortunate raccoon-eyed sun tan from the weeks prior. Her black, curly hair was pulled up into a high pony tail and she leaned up against her locker on her shoulder. She held her phone in one hand, scrolling through something as she told a story to her group. Something already half-way through by the time Jennifer risked overhearing.
"--And I'm over here just watching her flip out on him like that. I can't say nothin' because you know how she acts when she gets all aggro like that, y'know?" She smiled and laughed as she got a few chuckles, "Y'know! She's such a wreck. Like, seriously girl. Take chill-pill and f'in' relax," She said, much to the amused agreement of her posse.
This here was Trisha Lent. In front her was Lacey Bacon, and beside them were a bunch of girls that they very well knew the names of, but for the sake of narrative, just would not be mentioned directly until likely much later, when they and their lives would become relevant.
Lacey, so much more relevant and needed then apparently the three other girls around her and Trisha, spoke up. "Where'd she go?" She asked in that sharp, shot-gun way of speaking where every sentence in this just barely noticeable, blunt upturn in pitch and volume. Lacey, of course, was talking about the girl from Trisha's story. The one who had apparently done something, or gone off on someone. She had done something to get onto Trisha's bad side and make herself the conversation of this morning's early collection.
Trisha groaned and ran her hand through her hair. "I don't f'in' know," she sighed, swearing as she always did but never going all the way and stating the full word because that was just wrong to her. "I think she went to go fix her classes with Mrs. Calhoun in counseling? Really, I just don't care what she does anymore. I'm done with her, she's got no f'in' right to treat him like she does." Who this 'him' was was unclear, and irrelevant. The girls knew, and that's all that mattered.
"Changing classes? That was quick," One of the miscellaneous girls commented faithlessly.
Trisha squeezed her eyes shut and shook her head. "No, like, they seriously messed up her classes for this semester. They put her in accelerated Organic Chemistry. She's supposed to be in AP Bio-Chem, so I dunno how they managed to screw that up so badly," Trisha sighed.
"They did that with my cousin, too," Lacey piped up, shot-gunning that 'too'. "I think they thought they were going to have to get rid of AP Bio-Chem because nobody signed up, but really the computers just screwed up and didn't count, like, eighty-percent of the people who signed up. They just turned his 6th period AP Bio-chem class into a study hall and told him to talk to his Counselor, though. I dunno why they would've put her in Organic Chem," Lacey said, pulling out her phone to check the clock and then looking up to see if what her phone said matched the clock on the wall. "Where's Sushila?" she asked suddenly.
Trisha frowned and looked up to the clock. She shrugged. "She said she was going to bring us donuts from Krispy Kreme, but she's not going to get here in time. It's on the complete other side of town and she still would've had to have gotten into town first," Trisha said.
Lacey smiled faintly. She appreciated Sushilla's effort to continued the long standing tradition. Back in middle school, Ebbie and Carter Ambler would bring in donuts every year on the first day of school, and then on the last. But, the Ambler twins had moved over the summer. Sushilla, with all her love for routine and tradition, had decided to take it upon herself to continue this, apparently. But, Lacey knew what Trisha said was true. Sushilla lived just out of town, and she would've had to taken herself to the complete opposite side of town to reach that beautiful, immortal Krispy Kreme whose year of origin had been largely contested since the 1970s. Lacey hoped Sushila wouldn't be late, and continued their conversation with questions about schedules, study halls, and lunch periods.
Jennifer (played by HolbyCityFangirl) Topic Starter

Jennifer noticed two girls who seemed pretty friendly. "I should say something to them," she thought. "Maybe I could hang out with them, or they could show me around."

Jennifer stood up and walked over to the girls. She was a but nervous, but she knew it was the only way to make friends. She had to trust herself.

"Hi, my name is Jennifer. I'm new here. And I really could use some help. I have absolutely no idea where anything is around here. Could you show me around, if you don't mind?"

The group all turned to her. They seemed largely unaffected by her presence, just seeing her as some kid. Trisha glanced over the faces of the other girls to see if they ad any volunteers before opening up her PowerSchool and going over her schedule with a sigh. "What class do you have first?" She asked, not particularly rude but not particularly friendly. She wondered how new this kid was to have not gone to orientation. She brushed it off
Lacey already had her physical schedule in hand. A white paper creased up into neat, mostly even, well-worn squares as Lacey had folded and opened up again plenty of times already. She offered a much warmer smile to Jennifer now that Trisha had apparently granted her access into the little group and turned to her directly. Lacey realized she was a little taller than Jennifer, and her smile grew wider as she took a special little pleasure in finally being taller than someone. Then, Lacey asked, "What grade are you?" She pointed to Trisha and a tall blonde beside her, "Us three are juniors." And now Lacey went down the list, "She's a freshman, and She's a Sophomore," she said as she pointed to the remaining two girls. Not much of a list. But, hey, all of them were taller than Lacey and that's what mattered most to Lacey at this very point in time, apparently.
Spencer was over at his locker chatting to a guy who was much taller than him. His locker was close to the girls, but he was paying them no mind. " Alright Jeremy, I'll see you later! " Spencer says to the guy referred to as Jeremy, smiling all the way. Jeremy smiles a bit and waves to the smaller male as he walks off.

Spencer, now left alone, turns and goes to unlock his locker. He pulls a small folded piece of paper from his navy blue jacket. He unfolds it and starts to unlock his locker, occasionally looking down at the small paper in his hand. Once he does so he folds the paper back up and shoves it back into his pocket. He takes off his black and grey backpack and puts away most of it's contents.

Clara Sawyer this year was, as the kid had always been, deeply uninterested. Just this time Clara had her - their? - own licences and drove a car a little less than half their age. They -she?- had paid for their own parking spot after saving up all summer. Honestly, Clara could've done it in a pay check, but they had other things to buy and do. She/they/to be determined had got into the bad knack of stress-related impulse spending and since Clara's previous job experiences didn't include the after-hours finical responsibility, the kid was stumped. On top of that, they were sitting on two AP classes they needed to get in in order to be able to take the next year off, emotionally. Clara's counselor didn't like the sound of that, said Clara was going to catch a bad case of senior-itis and then their grades were gonna fall.
Okay? Whatever you say Mr. Saito. Clara pulled their car into their parking lot. 157.
Clara had ceremoniously decided that they - for the sweet love of God - needed a break. They weren't gonna get it this year, but they were going to get it next year. Given how much effort they had put in to achieve that 3.9 GPA after that complete and utter garbage fire that was freshman year, Clara felt like they could afford it. They'd bring their GPA up to a 4 this year, which sounded pretty damn fine when their weighted classes are applied. They sounded like that that was pretty attainable, even when Clara was factoring in her job at Burger King and Marching Band practice. It'd be a lot of homework, it'd be a lot of clarinet, and it'd be a lot of burgers. Clara assured themselves they could do it, but they found themselves sitting in 157, staring into the rearview mirror and looking... Decidedly anxious.
Clara checked the clock. Class started almost a half hour from now. Plenty of time to have a silent break down in their car.

"I um have English 1st." Jennifer said nervously. "And I am a junior." She noticed the girl didn't seem too particularly friendly. She already had a bad experience at her old school. People bullied her for being a foster child.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have bothered you. Sorry." She told the girls. She already felt like she made a mistake. Everytime she tries to introduce herself, she gets nervous about people not liking her.

Trisha raised an eyebrow but said nothing as she checked over her own schedule. “I got Weightlifting first,” she said with a soft sigh. She had traded out her gym class for weight lifting because it was supposed to be later in the day, but no that’s apparently changed.
“You’re in weightlifting?” The sophomore asked.
“I thought you had to be in sports to join the weight lifting class,” The freshman chirped, as if she had done it before. Supposedly she had a pair of brothers in the years ahead of her, but Trisha disregarded that.
“Yep,” Trisha answered ambiguously.
Lacey had turned off to Trisha by now. She turned back to Jennifer with a smile, “You’re fine. I have Psych first, but the social studies class and basically right below the English department. I can show you, you can find your class from there,” Lacey offered.
Lacey was disregarding Jennifer’s anxiety as just some first day jitters.
Trisha looked up again and shook her head. “Unless she has Mr. Bianchi. He’s not in the English department,” she said. Mr. Bianchi taught the sophomore and freshman classes, which new students tended to have to take for whichever reason regarding differences in school policies and required classes.
The freshman immediately looked back down at her schedule. Lacey shook her head. “They moved Mr. Bianchi to the English department. He’s in where’s Ms. Peterson was,” she said.
Trisha furrowed her brow.
“Ms. Peterson hadda quit,” Lacey explained. She glanced to the Freshman and then to Jennifer before motioning vaguely, “Because of that thing,” she said quietly.
Trisha gasped and looked to the blonde beside her who nodded seriously. “I thought that was a rumor!” Trisha cried in distress. The sophomore looked as lost as the Freshman and the freshman looked as lost as lost could be.
Lacey spun back to Jennifer, “Anyways, Yeah, I could show you to your class!” She chirped, her smile slightly more forced as this Ms.Peterson drama hung heavy over the upperclassmens’ shoulders.
Fianna Turner (played by Thatman)

Fianna walked solemnly in the halls of her highschool, carrying on her usual disinterested look as she made her way to class. There was the usual commotion of students walking about and conversing to each other about their days and what not, though the idea seemed almost entirely alien to Fianna. She sighed and readjusted her book bag as she walked; noticing a small group of girls conversing, the one standing outermost of the group seemed to be particularly flustered. Fianna had never seen the girl before, so she was most likely either a freshman or a transfer student of some kind. Probably nervous trying to talk to the clique in front of her, good thing Fianna didn't have to deal with that problem.

Since Fianna was curious she continued to stare at the group while she walked, which was something she was known for; Fianna was never quite able to pick up that staring at others was bad manners. She almost felt a smug sense of satisfaction when one of them said they'd show the one girl around. As Fianna made note of the small victory she had just won, she accidentally bumped into someone that was presently at their locker. Fianna darted her head forward to look who she had bumped into, groaning in her head that she was going to have to apologize. "Uh... Sorry - I uh, wasn't paying attention..." She said to the boy she had bumped into, the first thing she noticed was his hair, it almost looked white but in a more natural way than Fianna's dyed white hair. She squinted as she observed the boy's hair in front of her, once again her lack of social skills shined, she didn't even noticed how weird what she was doing was.
Once Spencer was done putting things into his locker, he looked at his schedule and pulled out the necessary things for that class. When he closes his locker he feels someone bump into him. He turns to face the person and sees a girl with white hair. He assumes that it's dyed, but he doesn't know for sure.

He smiles warmly at her. " Oh it's fine, don't worry about it! " His voice coming off a bit feminine, though at the same time it sounds like he deepens it on purpose. Once he notices that the girl is staring at his hair, he get's a bit nervous. " Is there something in my hair or something? " He askes, pointing to his hair.

Jennifer felt much better that Lacey was going to show her around. "Thanks so much," she said. "It really means a lot to me."

Jennifer thought she would make a great friend. Or a good tour guide at least. Most people wouldn't consider showing a new student around.

((Sorry for the short paragraph. Don't have much time right now))

Fianna was - by now - looking very intensely at Spencer's hair. She stared for a couple more seconds before she realized what she was doing, and that the boy had asked her a question. She stammered a bit before replying. "Uh - no. I just..." Fianna then stopped and tried to think of a good way to word her thoughts, should she just say that she thought it looked cool? Part of the reason why Fianna dyed her hair white - besides wanting to get rid of her original red hair - was because she thought white hair looked awesome. "...its cool looking." She started to walk away, wanting to get away from the awkward exchange in a hurry. This situation was precisely what Fianna is always trying to avoid, thats what makes not talking to anyone so easy. Ah well, if another person just thinks I'm a weirdo that's fine I guess... At least it will probably keep them away from me.

One of the girls, of course, had seen Fianna watching. It was the Freshman and she scrunched up her face and gave Fianna a strange, nasty look throughout the time Fianna had simply just... Stared. Fianna blatantly wasn't winning a particular amount of points amongst this little Freshman, but luckily the Freshman lost interest before she could watch her slam into Spencer. Would not have placed Fianna any higher on Freshman's list there, no.
Lacey nodded. She had that warm, fuzzy feeling of doing some sort of good in her chest. She smiled pleasantly and picked up the backpack that rested just beside her leg. "We still have a lot of time left before class, but I can take you up now so you can find your class. I dunno if your teacher would let you in, though. It's good to know where it is, though," The dark-haired girl said as she began to stray away.
"Don't get f'ing lost again, Lacey" Trisha called coolly.
Lacey laughed, "I won't," She looked back to Jennifer, "She's kidding."
Trisha smirked softly, "Oh no, I mean it. Don't get lost again," she warned wisely. The three other girls began to giggle.
Lacey scoffed, "She's kidding!" she reassured, partly just herself.
"If Sushila comes, we'll save some donuts for you," Trisha said as she gathered up her things, "We should go to the cafeteria," She told the other girls.
Spencer let the girl finish before giving her a friendly smile. " Oh? Thanks! " He said scratching the back of his neck. Once she starting to leave, he debated following her. He thought that maybe having an actual friend in school would probably be a good thing so he grabbed his backpack and ran after her.

" So, what's your name? " He askes once he catches up to her. He gasps softly. " Oh! I'm Spencer by the way! " He says with a big smile on his face. He seems to smile a lot, though, to his knowledge, they are all as real as they come. He stuffs his hands into his jacket pocket as he waits for her response.

Fianna had turned her attention to getting to her first class, but the boy she had bumped into caught up with her. Fianna turned around with a confused look on her face, her red eyes darted across the halls to see if anybody was pointing and laughing. Fianna's cautiousness was erased by Spencer's smile, which seemed to be genuine. "I'm Fianna..." Fianna was a bit flabbergasted as to why Spencer had followed her, was he not weirded out by Fianna's weird looks and fashion sense? Normally just looking at Fianna was enough for people to stay away, which was kind of the reason why Fianna dressed the way she did.

Then Fianna realized she would actually have to extend this conversation in some way, but she was never one for small talk. Struggling, Fianna finally defaulted to her favorite hobby. "Uh, do you like History by any chance?" Fianna tilted her head - eager for a response.
Spencer's smile somehow got bigger, now bearing a giant grin. " It's nice to meet you, Fianna! " He says, now with a content smile on his face. He looks down as he walks with her, but once Fianna started talking again he looked back up at her. His two colored eyes lighting up when she finished.

" Oh! I've always been so fascinated by history! It's actually one of my favorite classes. " He scratches the back of his head as he continued. " Though, for one reason or another, I almost failed that class… But I'm sure I'll be fine this year! " He says with a grin, his hands now clutching the straps of his backpack.

Fianna's eyes lit up with Spencer's response; for a second there were so many things that Fianna wanted to ask that she just stared blankly at him. "Do you wanna start a History club?!" Was the only one she was able to get out of her mouth, she had always toyed around with the idea of making a club in the vein of her favorite subject, but a club also meant other members and people she knew; something that Fianna was severely lacking in.

((Sorry I haven't been here. I got a new hamster, and have been busy taking care of it, along with some other stuff going on. I will hopefully be back in a few days. Feel free to keep going without me though))
Maxwell Ryan (played by LittleFireKing)

Maxwell have no idea what to do at this school, he have lose his school schedule, now he just running around no idea where he going, and to top it off he was being chased, now Maxwell have no idea why they want to punch him,’Did I do something wrong to them without me knowing,’ Maxwell think to himself as he try to remember what happen yesterday.

Maxwell been running for a while, when he turned a corner, while looking behind him, he realized they were not chasing him anymore, he turned his head around just to see a boy and a girl talking, Maxwell realized he was going too fast and was gonna run into them, so Maxwell did the smartest thing to do, he let it happen. Maxwell run into the two at full speed, while they fall down, Maxwell bang his head on the locker, now he on the ground, dizzy.
((hey guys is it a bit too late if I join this rp now?))

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Westcoast High

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus