Skip to main content

Forums » Help » RPR won't load on anything but Puffin

So... About a week ago I ran into this issue where I could load every website except for RPR. I can’t imagine why, but the issue persisted for a few days then magically went away - until now. This time around I gave Puffin a shot and that works like a charm, but every other browser hits me with “server unavailable” for RPR. I don’t know what could be causing this. What’s so special about Puffin and why is RPR the only website being affected? O.o

I’m not a fan of using mobile for anything if I don’t have to, and unfortunately Puffin seems exclusive to mobile. I’ll survive of course, but I’m curious if anyone knows what’s going on and has a solution. Also, I live in a dorm and use the internet they provide, so the modem and such is inaccessible.
Hades_

Myself and Demilicious had this same issue happen to both of us at different times.

His phone and computer with different browsere refused to load the website and said that the server IP could not be found.

When it happened to me it was on my phone and several browsers with the same message. I was on a different internet provider source and in a completely different location. (At work)

Both times this issue persisted for more than 30 minutes before resolving itself the moment I got another browser to load it and send a report. The second the report was sent the same second the server suddenly worked everywhere else.

It's really starting to freak me out.
I've seen another person say this issue similarly happened to them too.
Bunny Topic Starter

Hadeslicious wrote:
Both times this issue persisted for more than 30 minutes before resolving itself the moment I got another browser to load it and send a report. The second the report was sent the same second the server suddenly worked everywhere else.

RPR is working again but I still don't know what's causing or resolving this anomaly, lol.

Pretty much the same thing happened with me. A few minutes after I loaded up RPR on Puffin to post this, I was able to load RPR on other devices and browsers again. Because it's affecting more than one device, it's hard to pinpoint what's going on. My buddy in another state was able to load up RPR while this was happening, but since both you and Demi were experiencing the problem from the same general region, I wonder if it's a regional or provider issue?

Still doesn't explain why it doesn't happen with other websites D':
I've already mentioned my own version of the issue to Kim. For me, it seems to depend on a mix of what wifi I'm connected to and whether or not my VPN is on, and it's also swapped between being an issue on my phone or my laptop.

I know she's been trying to figure it out, but it doesn't seem like there's much consistency in what even seems to be causing the problem.
Kim Site Admin

I've investigated this several times and remain pretty baffled. It's definitely hitting people over the last couple of months, and generally resolves itself within a few hours, though I've heard of cases lasting several days. I've yet to find a pattern of circumstances that offers any clue.

The next time someone experiences this issue, maybe they could try running a ping and let me know if it says anything? (Some info about pinging: https://billing.trentahost.com/index.php?rp=/knowledgebase/2/How-to-Ping-a-WebsiteorIP-Address-in-CMD.html)
Bunny Topic Starter

This has been happening a lot over the past few days, but I have found a rather bizarre solution:

If I try to load RPR on a browser that can't connect to it, run the troubleshooter, and then go to RPR on Puffin and interact with literally anything on the site, it'll start working in about 3 minutes!

I discovered this while trying to ping like Kim asked. I never got around to actually pinging the site (while unable to connect) because it came back so quickly after I interacted with the forums on Puffin. With that said, now that I can remember how to ping, I shouldn't need to visit that site again. I'll be able to do it the next time the problem occurs.

Edit: Had a chance to ping it while down. This is all it told me: Ping request could not find host www.rprepository.com . Please check the name and try again.

You are on: Forums » Help » RPR won't load on anything but Puffin

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus