Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » I guess I could use some.. advice?

So.. I know we all love roleplaying here and we probably all run into similar problems. One of them is.. being ghosted from a story. Like, you might not click well or something along those lines or if you are reallg enjoying the plot and that current partner just, disappears.

I've had this happen kind of a lot recently and I can obviously see that the person who poofed is quite active.

I was just looking for advice on how to ask that person if the plot/roleplay is done and over with? Without being rude! I'm mainly scared of coming off as rude, I don't want to piss anyone off, but.. I just want to clear out some dead roleplays from my inbox, but I don't want to just do it and then suddenly get a reply from a deleted roleplay. Ya know?
psionicburst

I've had this happen to me before. Out of nowhere, guy ends up deleting the entire group and yet he was still active on parts on the site, so what did I do? I created a more successful group out of spite HA-

On the realistic side, ideally, you'd just say it as is: Hey, [N A M E], is our RP, [R P N A M E], done with? I just want to make sure that I don't delete an RP if you are still interested in a response. Thanks!

And that's all there is to it. Don't overthink a response too much, because it ends up not conveying your point and what we're trying to do is trim out the fat.
I think psionicburst definitely has the right idea. Don't overthink it. So long as you aren't demanding everything should be fine. :D
Ah, this is always a really big bummer and Ive had it happen a lot as well in the past while writing on all sorts of sites. I do agree with how psionicburst advised you to ask, it doesn't come off in the slightest way rude!
Rogue-Scribe

As someone who has been in this online collaborative role play writing scene for a couple decades, it happens so much for so many reasons. Here, I have an ‘inactive’ folder I move RP threads to when it goes overly long waiting for a reply. I usually forget about them, and occasionally a reply comes to one after months.

If I’m on good with them OOC, I’ll touch base with them and see how they are doing. If I see them active on the forum I’ll ask if they intend on continuing the rp. It’s not rude to do so in my opinion. Sometimes they get back to me, sometimes not. I don’t usually let it bother me. If I’m invested heavily in the storyline and it is obvious it has been abandoned by my co-writer, I write it out myself.

At the end of the day, nobody can hold anyone else to account as to why RPs are dropped. It’s just the nature of the beast.
Gathering such suggestions is part of why I started this topic. :)
We've all been there.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » I guess I could use some.. advice?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus