Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dragon Age: Roots of Darkness

The Narrator (played by JohntheWarden) Topic Starter

"So a mage and murderer? Why did you kill him?" I hope the Magister know what they're doing - being sent against Darkspawn with a cold-blooded killer isn't exactly what I expected. he thought.
Buki (played by Foxx_Swiftpaw)

“Well I wasn’t the normal slave you see I was used for more pleasurefull things mostly because my now late masters never knew I was a mage.” I flirtingly brush my hand across his cheek, and then over his body, “So one day o got tired of being his play thing and seeing none of the millions that he made of me, because well I’m good. So I lite his whole adult family on fire with an ever-burning spell. I couldn’t harm the kiddos though, they were the only ones who’d ever been nice to me.”

I then lean in close to his ear and whisper, “You know we could ditch the darkspawn party and have ourselves a little fun first.”
Neemus Xercles (played by Arcol)

“I’m an assassin,” he replied, “born and raised to kill from the shadows, to slit throats and spill blood; no much more to be said.”

He mostly held back, analyzing the situation before him; the Darkspawn were remnants of the latest Blight, from what he’d read, and were extremely contagious. Anyone touched by them would inherit their fatal disease and join their ranks given time.

((Neemus, this is the first Blight - the creatures are unknown, and even Magister have few information on them))
Another case of slavery - I'm not going to defend her masters, there are enough Tevinter soldiers to do so. But better keep an eye on her He takes her hand and moves it away from him.
He answers in a polite tone: "Although the idea is lovely, being executed for desertion isn't exactly my kind of retirement. Let's focus on our common foe for now."
"Just an assassin, eh? That surely explains the lack of detail and the dragon skin, or whatever it is."

The both knights present themselves, when asked by Elyndar, quite formally.
"I'm Sir Hayward, Knight of the Imperium. I'll surely be best in first line, since my fighting style with two-handed swords and heavy armor fits such a position."
"Sir Brightwood, Knight of the Imperium as well. I'll join Hayward on the front, and will fight using both a battleaxe and throwing knives."
"If we resume our formation, I'll be with you two" he points towards the knights "in first line, Buki and Xercles will follow behind, to make sure they have time to prepare a spell or ranged attack in case of fight. Is that correct?"
(I'll skip to the entrance of the forest right after that, no more boring descriptions of daily life in the Tevinter army)

“That seems boring.” I yawn before strolling up to the strong knights and placing a hand romantically on both of their chins with my back towards them.

“Besides you must forget I may be a mage but am an Arcane Mage! In other words for those too dumb in the room to know what that means I don’t need to be held back to prepare for a spell! I have swords and you could ask the poor saps who tried to arrest me the first three times how good I am but they unfortunately have misplaced their heads.”

The knights whisper something amongst themselves. ((do a roll for eavesdropping Buki))
"Well perhaps you could have mentioned that before?" answers Elyndar, annoyed by her tone. "So in front line you and the knights, then me and Xercles."

I try to listen to the Knights.

rolled 1d6 and got 6

Neemus Xercles (played by Arcol)

((Neemus, this is the first Blight - the creatures are unknown, and even Magister have few information on them))quote]

((Oh, I forgot that this was the first Blight; my mistake. Just disregard the Blight part, then.))

“It’s not important,” he sighed, “it’d mostly bore you, I suspect, and we have larger matters to take care of at the moment; these...whatever you call them...aren’t exactly going to stop for tea or anything.”

After that, he mostly nodded, not caring where he was or what he was doing so long as he got paid his fee.

Buki only
"Always the same thing with slavery and elves rebelling." says Sir Hayward.
"She's a witch and a killer, Drew. If she hears you she'll turn both of us in a big pile of ashes!" answers Sir Brightwood in a half joking, half scared tone.

"If you say so." replies Elyndar, making a mental note to keep an eye on him. "Got everything you need, and your blades repaired? We're leaving in an hour."

Thinks to self if I should tease them or not. If I tease them it’ll reveal I was listening and I wouldn’t be able to get anything else from them. Thus I pretend to be checking my blades while listening to see what else they have to say.

Buki only
"You really think she'd be able to fight us? She murdered her master through pure surprise, and if she was really good at magic she'd have fled instead of killing him. Besides... You remember that one guy who was selling stolen artefacts in a tavern?"
"The one in the Capital?"
"Yup. He might have been mage, but it didn't save him from an axe throw in his neck."

Two hours later, the party is in the forest, south of Ironholt, where they first had met. Other small teams are also here, but they go in another direction. As you advance in the forest, you find nothing for the first hours. Yet as the evening begins, you have the feeling you're observed... (everyone roll for observation)

rolled 1d20 and got 1
Elyndar - Observation

Before leaving I decided I’d let them in on the fact I was listening but keep things a mystery to them as to how I know what they’d said but still toy with them. So brushed past them and whispered just loud enough for them to hear, “If I kill either of you or be hard for me to have sex with a Phil’s of ash.”

Later in the forest I lightly frolicked while keeping a watchful eye.

((She has a modifier known as Watchful Eye due to her past of being on the run...it’s only a +2))

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 3. After the modifier of +2, got 5
Watchful Eye

Buki
Apparently it was just an animal, and a rather small one.

"Must have been the wind." says Elyndar. Yet being paranoid has helped me survive to this day. he thought.

Hmm should it try to hunt it or just stay with the group and hope these backpacks have something good to eat. Well best just stay with the group. Maybe next time little guy.

Whatever watched you seems to have left. You see footprints in the muddy soil; probably belonging to a humanoid creature, yet you cannot tell whether Darkspawn, human, elf or dwarf.
The sun will go down soon, and you must quickly decide what to do - the others don't seem to have remarked anything.

I kneel down to take a better look at the prints and see which direction then went.

They're going east, and seem to have been maden a few hours ago. The footprint seems like a boot. (roll for more details)

I study them further and even snif the air around them.

rolled 1d10 and got 1

Buki
You can't recognize anything else, except that they are quite fresh, probably here since only an hour.

"What's wrong Buki? Oh. Fellas, we got footprints!" says Elyndar as he sees her studying the ground.
He also begins to analyze them. "What do you think they belong to?"

rolled 1d20 and got 15

“Hard to tell what made them other then they wore a boot and wear this way only an hour ago.”

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dragon Age: Roots of Darkness

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus