Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dragon Age: Roots of Darkness

The Narrator (played by JohntheWarden) Topic Starter

The foe was now only targeting the tent, with two more flaming arrows, whilst Brightwood took another throwing axe. ((roll a D6 to put the fire out, success on 1-4))

"Unarm the traps! Get the tents undone, scatter the ashes of our campfire! We're leaving, a red flare that is near us in this place will give our position away to any Darkspawn!" shouted Elyndar to the both of them.
"I'm going to warn the others, get everything moved two miles south. There should be a pond, we'll meet there. If I'm not back tomorrow, go back to Ironholt." he continued, nearly out of breath at the end of his sentence. He went to his tent, took a strange looking crossbow, half a dozen acid flasks, and his sword and dagger, then left in the direction of the flare and of Buki and Brightwood.

rolled 1d100 and got a natural 74. After the modifier of +5, got 79
Elyndar - Speed

rolled 1d100 and got 98
Brightwood - Axe throw

Buki (played by Foxx_Swiftpaw)

I rush for the tent to deflect the arrows while still attempting to put out the fire.

rolled 1d6 and got 3

Buki manages to put the fire out, however the shield is weakened by the enemy's shots. In the meantime, Brightwood has sent his own axe at the figure. Not being able to see it well, he aimed a bit randomly for what seemed like a bow, and managed to break it and wound its owner in the chest, making it fall on the ground.

I smile as the smell of blood hits my nose and like a flash of light I dash swords in hand right for the attacker.

((roll a D100 for attack damage, with a bonus of +10 because the foe's wounded)) As you approach you recognize the opponent is an elf, with Dalish armor and dagger. He doesn't look like he's about to surrender even with his wound, and he prepares to parry your attack.

rolled 1d100 and got 45
Defense

As I charge I open my eye to see his Dalish armor and that only brings back dark memories which cause me to enter a controlled frenzy mode. I slice vertically with my right sword then horizontally with my left.

rolled 1d100 and got a natural 1. After the modifier of +15, got 16
(+10 for wounded foe, +5 for frenzy mode)

((oof! You took 29 damage Buki, 71 health left.))
He parries the blow and counterattacks by slashing at her legs with his dagger. He tries to get up, but didn't see Brightwood who's charging with his battle axe.

rolled 1d100 and got a natural 75. After the modifier of -5, got 70
Brightwood - Charge (penalty because wounded)

I drop to a knee before attempting to heal the wound only to sputter out enough magic to stop the bleeding. I then link the blade into a staff sword and performing a spinning attack.

rolled 1d100 and got a natural 83. After the modifier of +10, got 93
Frenzy stacked with blood rage

As the elf sees Brightwood running at him weapon in hand, he turns and prepares to fight him, not expecting Buki's attack to be that fast. The blade pierces his armor and the axe attack finishes him.
Brightwood seems quite satisfied by the fight. "That'll teach those dirty Dalish to mess with the Imperium. No need to bury him, he surely is a faithless barbarian." He prepares to fight again as footsteps can be, but the elf who arrives is just Elyndar. Totally out of breath, the captain says:
"Quick!... Flare... Leave !...", before seeing the corpse. He seems disappointed, and tells them : "This whole mess... for a Dalish? Did he throw the flare to get reinforcements?"

“No I did” hissed Buki before turning to face Brightwood and with the edge of her blade against his throat and added, “You do realize I was a dalish elf and though they cast me out for being, well different. But they are still my people.”

“You trash them again and I’ll gut you as for this one I’ll give him a quick burial by fire while you check the tent for something of value seeing as he was pretty set on burning it.”

I then lower my blade and separated them from each mother before shearing them. I then bow my head and send up a short prayer before using what little magic I had left to create a spark to light the body on fire.

Elyndar didn't say anything as she menaced Brightwood, even slightly smiled.
"They're still your people? Remind me, what army pays you, and what empire protects the entirety of Thedas from darkspawn? That's right, not the Dalish, but the Imperium!" answered Brightwood. "And if you want a duel tell me anytime! Except of course if they don't have such customs in the Da..."
"Enough! You'll settle whatever you want once we're back to town, and now that the whole forest knows our position we must move fast. Brightwood, you have thirty seconds to check the tent."
Elyndar took a look at the dead elf before Buki set it on fire. "Normally we have to bury him in the earth I think - you know, the back to nature thing - but given the circumstances, that will have to do."

“Ash becomes soil and thus he’ll return to nature this way I don’t have to dig a hole and the darkspawn don’t get a meal.” I sigh and once the body was burning I limp over to the tent to help search.
Neemus Xercles (played by Arcol)

The Narrator wrote:
"We're not going to get attacked by dragons, no need for such an effective toxine. Just use some more common thing you got, anything good enough to make a man fall on the ground, be it from pain, sleep or death, should work.”

“I suppose I have a few less potent poisons to use,” He rummaged through his pack, taking out a few more vials of various elixirs and potions, “I’ve never really been the greatest at forming the original recipes, but coming from Black Marsh (Blackmarsh, in Dragon Age, I might add..), I’ve been able to make my own concoctions; some are subtle, others more immediate. But for all of them, a 100% death guarantee. So, what suits your fancy?”

"The one that makes me go 2 miles south in a second - you've heard Elyndar, let's get going." answers Hayward as he quickly unmakes his tent and prepares to leave.

"Well, I suppose it'll do."
The tent contains a sealed letter, a strange cataplasm, few arrows and a small, wooden statue of a huntress, apparently Andruil.

I take everything except the arrow and before lighting the tent back on fire.

You don't have the time to open the letter for now as the rest of the team is hurrying towards the new camp. They seem stressed and don't talk much until you reach the camp.

I put everything in my bag before following as silent as possible. Once in the new camp I flirtatiously ask, “Who wishes to help me “pitch a tent”? I make sure to add an emphasis on the pitching a tent part.

The team doesn't seem in the mood - Brightwood is wounded and Hayward tends to his wounds with a cataplasm, whilst Elyndar ignores the remark and examinates a map of his, and begins writing a message.
((Everyone does a perception roll with a D20))

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 7. After the modifier of -5, got 2
Brightwood - Perception

rolled 1d20 and got 9
Elyndar - Perception

“Fine I’ll just take care of my self.”

rolled 1d20 and got 4

((I'm closing this for now. Not only do I lack the skills for making this as great as it'd like, but with only one player regularly around and another replying once a week I don't feel like the investment is worth the time. I might return later, but for now I'll train my writing skills and try to gather more players, as well as make my plot even better. Excuse me for the abrupt (and I hope temporary) ending, and may you find interesting roleplay!))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dragon Age: Roots of Darkness

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus