Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dragon Age: Roots of Darkness

The Narrator (played by JohntheWarden) Topic Starter

"Looks like only one person - either a spy, an assassin or a Darkspawn scout, if they even have ranks. Think we should follow them?"
Buki (played by Foxx_Swiftpaw)

“You’re the El Capetian But I’d think it best to only send two of us to track this thing a short ways before regrouping up with the others at a set place and time.”

"If it's only one person there's still the risk of an ambush, so to be honest I'd rather send two of us first, they'll be less obvious than a party of five, and since we still haven't found anything indicating any Darkspawn's presence, it should not be that risky. Any volunteers?"

I sot on the ground with my legs crossed like a child and ask, “What will those not going on the hunt be doing?”

"Waiting here: setting the camp for tonight, and scouting around it, but not going far. I don't want to risk anything else. So, who's volunteering?"

“Well sitting here and pretending to help set up camp sounds to boring so I’ll go.” I sarcastically reply as I raise my hand childishly.

The both knights look at each other, then Sir Brightwood stands up.
"What are we waiting for? We have no time to waste!"
He takes a couple of throwing axes in a quiver like bag, as well as a lantern, which he doesn't light up, and begins following the trail without looking back.

rolled 1d6 and got 6
Who's coming along? 1-2 Elyndar, 3-4 Hayward, 5-6 Brightwood

“Hey fool don’t just go wandering of so loud like.” I reply shaking my head.

rolled 1d6 and got 6

((why did you roll xD))
"Come on, it wasn't that loud. Unlike my little remark yesterday..." he replies, and carries on in a light tone : "Without wanting to be rude, is the legend saying the form of the elven ear helps to hear true? Given what you heard yesterday, I'm starting to wonder if there was some truth in all those silly myths."

The trail leads to a part of the forest with denser vegetation, the sun is even blocked from time to time by the trees. The trail leads to a campfire, where it stops. A tent is nearby, and Sir Brightwood takes out an axe, looking for any movement.

I get up and childishly mope up to him and follow behind occasionally checking him out.

Then upon reaching the campsite I place a hand on his shoulder and whisper, “Why don’t you stay her and let me check it out. If it’s a guy I’ll just flatter him and maybe you’ll get a nice show while I get some we’ll needed pleasure.”

((Sorry I thought you wanted me to roll...))

He bursts out laughing. "Don't tell me you're serious? Admitting it's a man and not a Darkspawn nor a woman, he might be a fugitive - which would explain why he's hiding in a forest like this - or a madman, exiled from Ironholt. And even if he's friendly, I highly doubt he'll be easily flattered or even approached without risk, you can't really trust anyone in the wilderness. Better call out to him, maybe he's not in the tent."
"Anyone here? We're Imperial scouts, looking for Darkspawn!" he says loudly.
((no problem))

“Fool. If he wasn’t here we could’ve used the ten until he got back.” I whisper in his ear, “as for if it s a lady well I’ve sleep with my fare share of those as well. If it was a darkspawn that’d be a new new experience for me.”

I then get ready for what ever could come. I may act childish at times but this big fool is shouting and if the captain was right about an ambush this oaf just sprang the trap and I’d best be ready to save his ass.
Neemus Xercles (played by Arcol)

For the most part, he’d remained silent on their travels, killing without remorse or sound, isolating himself in conversations; he would determine when or when not he’d break the walls to speak with the others. He sat by a small fire away from the larger group, getting a good look at the surrounding landscape, which other than mountains and fields was mostly uneventful.

"Well, I doubt we'll use it now. Dammit, no one here. Think we should have a look at the tent? That might give us more information on its owner." (Buki roll for luck)

Sir Hayward approaches Neemus. "You surely are an expert of poisons? I've fortified the camp with a couple of traps in case we have "visitors", but I'd rather use some good paralyzing or lethal poison - never too secure in such areas. "

“What I’m not good enough for you.”!I teasingly huff as I push past him and cautiously approach the tent.

((So I never know which dice I’m supposed to roll seeing as you don’t really specify...))

rolled 1d20 and got 6

((I'll mention it next time - D20 was exactly what I needed for this roll))
"We both know I..." began Brightwood, before an arrow hit him in the right arm, making him drop his throwing axe. Something ran on their right, but Buki couldn't clearly recognize the figure.
"An archer! Get down!" he screamed as he took cover behind a tree.
(roll a D20 to try identifying the foe Buki)

rolled 1d100 and got 62

I throw up a basic shield that will deflect any further arrows for a while before drawing my short swords and dropping into a fighting pose.

rolled 1d20 and got 9

Neemus Xercles (played by Arcol)

He gave the knight a slight look; a possible threat, but nothing he couldn’t handle. “I’ve dabbled a bit in the subject,” he admitted, revealing a flask, “this is my most lethal concoction; Serpent’s Kiss. One drop could kill fifteen men in less than a second if ingested, and at least five on physical contact. I only use it in the most serious circumstances, however.” He places it back in its pouch, careful not to damage the glass.

"We're not going to get attacked by dragons, no need for such an effective toxine. Just use some more common thing you got, anything good enough to make a man fall on the ground, be it from pain, sleep or death, should work."

Buki can't really tell who the figure is, but it is humanoid and slightly taller than the average human. She wasn't aimed anymore after a few arrows had been deflected by the shield, but a flaming one came right in the tent, starting to burn it and its content.

I sent a red flare into the air to signal for help with one had while flicking the other to put out the fire. Whoever this was they really we testing my powers. I don’t know how much longer I can do this. Not knowing enough about my foe I can’t attack yet. I then close my eyes and cast a spell that allows me to see with all of my senses. I wait for them to make their next move.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dragon Age: Roots of Darkness

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus