Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Ah shoot, and apparently I missed some things while writing that.
I just felt to mention it because its derailing for what Isabella Ren and Nadia are doing and I didnt want to either derail or possibly spotlight Isabella....its just a thing that was written into her that would make this a terribly unfortunate moment for her XD
The

Voldarian_Empire wrote:
Just FYI....the teleport might cause some serious derailing issues and the issue is something Isabella isn't aware of. XD I'm okay with going that route and I'll explain why if youd like also, or keep it for a surprise if youd prefer that also.

Regardless it wont be a good thing for poor Isabella

It’s not technically “teleporting” but I can’t think of another way to describe it... Ren uses her water magic to quickly travel from place to place but she can only go to bodies of water that she’s been to before. Anyways, I’ll leave it up to you to decide what happens.
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

Does someone need magical theory advice? :3

Avi's willing to let me get involved here if yes. I can work through a few theoretical concepts. More or less it's a question of if it's a teleportation or a transversal.
Oh well with that said actually is there any way you could describe how the teleport works so I can better decide if this would be an issue for her? If shes just surfing it probably wont happen, but if its illusionary/altering space bending teleporty magic (to use a term I think avi would be proud of) then it will cause the issue.
The

I just wanna get us to the library while Lisa’s there so Naida can knock a bookshelf over on her. Naida’s clumsy and they need to meet somehow
The

Voldarian_Empire wrote:
Oh well with that said actually is there any way you could describe how the teleport works so I can better decide if this would be an issue for her? If shes just surfing it probably wont happen, but if its illusionary/altering space bending teleporty magic (to use a term I think avi would be proud of) then it will cause the issue.

Honestly I haven’t thought too much about how it works, so maybe Avi can give us a theoretical idea, as she put it. But if you just wanna call it teleporting and surprise me with what happens that’s cool
You can *probably* reach the library while it’s occupied without teleporting, since a walk would only take a few posts tops unless you guys get really into a conversation.

-and yes, thank you, kind sister, for adding insult to injury- *ahem* an injury to insult by planning to throw stuff at Lisa’s head while she’s sleep-deprived and technically under arrest by order of the High Inquisitor.
I'll leave it your call, walk or teleport. I can justify either in my next post. If we teleport, I can guarentee at least Isabella wont be going to the library next, though ren and nadia could if they're willing to ditch a child in the streets of a city after dragging her there and causing the problem in the first place (no pressure :D)

Lol seriously either way is fine though ha
The

I think the real injury is making you deal with Naida

SO! There are three general classes of translocation magic: teleportation, portals, and transversals, at least in the magical traditions I'm familiar with. Teleportation is moving you, pretty simply. You were in one place, and then you either compress space, slip along hypercompressed dimensions, or simply are in a different location. Portals are when you link two regions in space, and step across from one to the other. Transversals are when you take the space you are in and exchange its location with another region of space and then just leave it there because it isn't a big deal, believe it or not. Not unless you do something big. This sounds most like a portal unless you're actually transforming into water and then back at the other location after having your properties change places, in which case it would be a teleportation. It.... could be a transversal, but that would.... surprise me a little.

In terms of non-teleportation rapid-transit options, things like hyperdimensional shortcuts, primordial or elemental realmways, or being abstracted and following leylines.... ish, not really leylines in this case but the actual jargon is unhelpful

Locations being limited to places a person has visited is pretty normal, especially if your location selection is based on the manaspheric conditions at the locations. erm, the auras or energies of the places, in lay-person's terms.
The

Voldarian_Empire wrote:
I'll leave it your call, walk or teleport. I can justify either in my next post. If we teleport, I can guarentee at least Isabella wont be going to the library next, though ren and nadia could if they're willing to ditch a child in the streets of a city after dragging her there and causing the problem in the first place (no pressure :D)

Lol seriously either way is fine though ha

I guess we’ll walk then because Ren would never leave a child in the city 😂
The

Thanks, Victi! I think we can call these portals.
The wrote:
I think the real injury is making you deal with Naida

Yeah...you saw Lisa’s outburst at Thalia? Her temper’s pretty short now; someone get this girl a pillow and let her nap.
A rapid transit kind of thing would be unlikely to cause this effect as long as there is no physical transformation on portions of Isabellas part. Everything else will cause the problem

TL;DR: It's probably either a true teleportation where you're abstracting yourselves into water and being in another place, a portal where you're linking two bodies of water, or using the way the water is networked to travel between two bodies of it in some semi-abstracted, trans-demi-planar, or relativistic way.

most likely. There are other possibilities, but I don't find them super likely.

Sure! portals seem the most likely and efficient.

So.... more or less don't teleport her. I can relate to that. The "are you dead after teleporting" question freaks me the hell out. I can transverse and that's more than fine by me.
The

Voldarian_Empire wrote:
A rapid transit kind of thing would be unlikely to cause this effect as long as there is no physical transformation on portions of Isabellas part. Everything else will cause the problem

So, portals are good?
Yes I think portals will cause the problem too....I was mostly joking about the leaving a child in the city thing btw haha, but if you're intent on beating up daz lisa then we can walk if you like
The

Okay let’s walk 😂 I just really want to force Lisa to deal with Naida, who is basically a child that never runs out of energy

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus