Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Best source for WoW Lore

I've been thinking about getting into World of Warcraft roleplays because I'm a nerd and I love my worgen character, but I wanna learn about lore first!!
So, those who like to read up on the lore for any particular reason, what's the best source for it beyond the game itself? I super can't spend days running around WoW trying to find certain books on tables //wheeze
Also! What's been your favorite part of the lore?
Hades_

I have very recently been getting into the lore itself for this same reason. !!! My best way of learning so far for the earlier stuff was reading the three main Lore Chronicle Books.

I have links to read the three books, but the websites are a little... it's like manga reading sites. They have some sketchy ads on the page, and some more adult looking ads as well. I ignore them while reading, but I promise nothing flashes, makes noise, or jumps around!

Volume 1Volume 1 covers the history of Azeroth up to just before the first war (Warcraft 1)

Volume 2
Volume 2 covers the history of Draenor and full coverage of the first and second war (Warcraft 1 and 2)

Volume 3
Volume 3 covers the 20 interim period, the third war (Warcraft 3) and the events of every WoW expansion up to Cataclysm.

They are long reads, but they hold everything from the very very beginning up until after Cataclysm. The Panderia expansion, Legion, Warlords. All of those and the new expansion are not in these books, and I don't think there's a 4th book quite yet.

There are also lots of YouTube videos that have all the cinematic too. I recommend watching those. You can also find on YouTube a gentleman who reads the books aloud. Lorerunner has a fantastic voice. He does interject with his opinions, take small breaks, and the like. He is doing through through streaming, but he does interject with information that is slightly different IN GAME verses the books as well. He's really REALLY good for it and has a nice voice. <3

These have been my best ways of learning about the lore, but I'm totally interested in seeing what others might have to share as well.
Folklore Topic Starter

Thank you!! I'll be sure to check these all out!!
Also if you're searching on the internet use Wowpedia over wowwiki I think. Been a while since I played but I'm pretty sure wowpedia was the superior one by a mile lol also was always nelf fan or an orc guy lol love their histories
Folklore Topic Starter

My first character was a night elf hunter named Saelle, and I imagine I might one day turn her into a fully fledged OC, right now I'm just big on Worgens bc i'm, like, a bad level 1 furry or something
-shrugs into the sun-

I wish you luck on learning the lore! I've just sort of been following loose game knowledge and adding my own awful lore-bending ways to my character stories, haha
Folklore Topic Starter

that's a hard mood
Folklore Topic Starter

Ciceniss wrote:
Ser Denatrius, Lord of Revendreth, devoted part of his full day to the care of his subjects and reassure them that, despite the mysterious drought that struck his kingdom, he took the necessary measures and is ready to ensure their well-being ... in exchange for unconditional loyalty ...

oh bby this post is a year+ old and not a roleplay, i think ur lost

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Best source for WoW Lore

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus